Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
If only you were right...

We would actually have had two top lines instead of one these past few seasons.

Hop off Sam’s dick long enough to realize he’s become a passenger player, especially this season.

How much playing time have Eichel and Reinhart had away from each other when both healthy and in the line-up this season?

Member 308457

I've always like Reinhart's skills (esp. the pin-point passing) but he has stagnated over the years. Weiland was right: "Reinhart is slow … average." He isn't producing anywhere near a #2 overall draft choice. Plus ever since he got here all the team has done is lose. He's got to be down in the dumps about how things have worked out here and it must be influencing his inconsistent play. I'd be open to trading Reinhart if it wasn't for the idiot doing the trading, Botterill, who make a checkmate out of any roster move.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I've always like Reinhart's skills (esp. the pin-point passing) but he has stagnated over the years. Weiland was right: "Reinhart is slow … average." He isn't producing anywhere near a #2 overall draft choice. Plus ever since he got here all the team has done is lose. He's got to be down in the dumps about how things have worked out here and it must be influencing his inconsistent play. I'd be open to trading Reinhart if it wasn't for the idiot doing the trading, Botterill, who make a checkmate out of any roster move.
You need to not care about whether he was a #2 overall choice or not. That has nothing to do with his status on the team moving forward. Salary and his next contract, however, matter a ton.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The interesting take from this is that many pro scouts and execs have said that the 2 things that are easiest to improve in a player are strength and skating. We have seen this in some players but I have not seen an improvement in Sam's skating-and that is all he needs to go to the next level.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The interesting take from this is that many pro scouts and execs have said that the 2 things that are easiest to improve in a player are strength and skating. We have seen this in some players but I have not seen an improvement in Sam's skating-and that is all he needs to go to the next level.

Skating and motivation

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Something is stopping him from playing center though. Is it strength then? Does he wear out if he needed to get into the dirty areas more often? Or is it his skating? I don’t know but something is missing....

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sam doesn't have a motivation issue.

And his skating is as much of an issue as ROR's skating was.

Sam definitely has a motivation issue and ROR made up for his lack of skating with his motivation... all over the puck all the time

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
You must mean misplaced hope, and always leaving you wanting more.

He's good on the wall and he's put up positive defensive metrics. He's not Draisaitl, but we have who we have. He's a consistent solid plug and play forward. You can do worse. If you can get better than him do it, but he's a solid player on the PP and at even strength.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
He's good on the wall and he's put up positive defensive metrics. He's not Draisaitl, but we have who we have. He's a consistent solid plug and play forward. You can do worse. If you can get better than him do it, but he's a solid player on the PP and at even strength.
My comment was tongue in cheek, a bit of sarcasm. I don't mind Reinhart, he's a decent player that unfortunately doesn't excel in any area, but is a good complementary player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad