Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am of the opinion that yes... this team could benefit from trading Samson Reinhart especially if he gets anything over 7 million.

Can it back fire? Yes..because that is the nature of the game. Nothing is certain.

What kind of return would you expect on a Reinhart trade?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's only their predictions for an 8 year contract term.

They predict a $7.1M AAV for a 5 year term, or a $7.4M AAV for a 6 year term.

Their actual model predicts a term of 5.4 years for $7.535M, so basically they think Sam will sign for 5 or 6 years for somewhere around $7.5M AAV

(Yeah I finally broke down and spent the $5 :laugh:)

I would take 6 years @ $7.5M every day of the week over 8 years @ $9M.

And I really like Samson.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reinhart+ for Monahan. Send Sam back to Western Canada and fill our 2C hole for a long time.

Reinhart + Mitts + 2nd for Monahan. That is the type of trade that makes us better.

Sam literally was getting 1C all situation type minutes this year. His production is actually quite low when you consider he is centered by a superstar center and was getting 20+ mins a game. Most RWers who don't PK don't get 20+ minutes. When has Sam ever put the team on his back? Never. He is a good player but he is a supporting player not a core guy. Sam Reinhart should be your 4th best forward on a good playoff type team. If he is your 2nd best forward you are in trouble.

I would sign Sam for 5 years @ 6.3. No interest in a 6-8 year deal. 5 years is plenty. He doesn't deserve 7+

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Reinhart+ for Monahan. Send Sam back to Western Canada and fill our 2C hole for a long time.

Reinhart + Mitts + 2nd for Monahan. That is the type of trade that makes us better.

Sam literally was getting 1C all situation type minutes this year. His production is actually quite low when you consider he is centered by a superstar center and was getting 20+ mins a game. Most RWers who don't PK don't get 20+ minutes. When has Sam ever put the team on his back? Never. He is a good player but he is a supporting player not a core guy. Sam Reinhart should be your 4th best forward on a good playoff type team. If he is your 2nd best forward you are in trouble.

I would sign Sam for 5 years @ 6.3. No interest in a 6-8 year deal. 5 years is plenty. He doesn't deserve 7+
Monahan can't drive a line and doesn't play defense. That trade is utter insanity.

Sam is literally the best 5on5 producer on this team this season, a fact somehow ignored by everyone. He also does very well away from Eichel, also a fact somehow ignored by everyone. Take your f***ing hater glasses off.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
[QUOTE\
I would sign Sam for 5 years @ 6.3. No interest in a 6-8 year deal. 5 years is plenty. He doesn't deserve 7+[/QUOTE]

LOL. He's not signing for that.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Monahan can't drive a line and doesn't play defense. That trade is utter insanity.

Sam is literally the best 5on5 producer on this team this season, a fact somehow ignored by everyone. He also does very well away from Eichel, also a fact somehow ignored by everyone. Take your f***ing hater glasses off.

Uh, where are those facts? While Eichel was playing injured, Reinhart had a whopping zero points.

Reinhart is a good player, but I'd 100% trade him for Monahan if he was available.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Uh, where are those facts? While Eichel was playing injured, Reinhart had a whopping zero points.

Reinhart is a good player, but I'd 100% trade him for Monahan if he was available.
You're blaming him for not scoring while playing shorthanded?

explore

Jun 28, 2011
You're blaming him for not scoring while playing shorthanded?

Where are the facts you're claiming that shows that Reinhart produces away from Eichel, because I haven't seen him produce away from Eichel since ROR was traded.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Where are the facts you're claiming that shows that Reinhart produces away from Eichel, because I haven't seen him produce away from Eichel since ROR was traded.
b8fa3140d1.png

explore

Jun 28, 2011
ROR hasn't been on the team since Skinner came, pay attention please

Your chart has no dates listed on it all, and there's a section of 425 minutes played for Reinhart without Eichel or Skinner, and my question is does that include ROR or not?

Also, a simpler way to show that Reinhart can produce away from Eichel would be to separate the points Reinhart got from playing with Eichel to the points he generated away from him, but I don't think that would further your argument.

Thus far, all you've shown are advanced statistic that show that Reinhart has a better CF when he's not playing with Eichel (aka when Reinhart's not facing the toughest competition) but you've provided nothing concrete in the sense that Reinhart has generated points playing away from Eichel.

All in all, it takes a powerful reality distortion field to think that Reinhart has shown that he's anything more than a competent, albeit, complimentary, first-line winger. He's not a center. He's not a line driver. He can't be relied on to generate offense on his own regularly. You stick Reinhart on the third line with the kind of linemates Skinner's had and he'll produce points like Skinner. You stick Eichel with those same scrubs, and he'll produce more points than both of them combined because he can generate offense on his own.

I would pack Reinhart's bags myself if Calgary was crazy enough to offer Monahan for him.

Reactions: Vito_81

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Your chart has no dates listed on it all, and there's a section of 425 minutes played for Reinhart without Eichel or Skinner, and my question is does that include ROR or not?

Also, a simpler way to show that Reinhart can produce away from Eichel would be to separate the points Reinhart got from playing with Eichel to the points he generated away from him, but I don't think that would further your argument.

Thus far, all you've shown are advanced statistic that show that Reinhart has a better CF when he's not playing with Eichel (aka when Reinhart's not facing the toughest competition) but you've provided nothing concrete in the sense that Reinhart has generated points playing away from Eichel.

All in all, it takes a powerful reality distortion field to think that Reinhart has shown that he's anything more than a competent, albeit, complimentary, first-line winger. He's not a center. He's not a line driver. He can't be relied on to generate offense on his own regularly. You stick Reinhart on the third line with the kind of linemates Skinner's had and he'll produce points like Skinner. You stick Eichel with those same scrubs, and he'll produce more points than both of them combined because he can generate offense on his own.

I would pack Reinhart's bags myself if Calgary was crazy enough to offer Monahan for him.
Lines of Reinhart+2 scrubs score as much as Reinhart/Eichel/notSkinner and are much better defensively but sure, keep caring about points.

Monahan has been stapled to Johnny Gaudreau his whole damn career ffs

Eichel has never shown the ability to elevate non-first line teammates by himself either. Stop making things up.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Lines of Reinhart+2 scrubs score as much as Reinhart/Eichel/notSkinner and are much better defensively but sure, keep caring about points.

Eichel has never shown the ability to elevate non-first line teammates by himself either. Stop making things up.

We need half a season of Eichel with Frolik & ZG to see if he is truly elite.

:sarcasm:

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Hall would be better in the short term. But, he is far less likely to look good during the back half of the next contract.
Of course, but healthy Hall is a top 5 player in the league. The only question is how much of his decline this season is real.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Of course, but healthy Hall is a top 5 player in the league. The only question is how much of his decline this season is real.

The other question is why on Earth would Hall have any interest in signing here outside of a massive, Skinner-esque contract that was too big and too good to turn down?

He would likely require a bigger than expected deal to sign here.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The other question is why on Earth would Hall have any interest in signing here outside of a massive, Skinner-esque contract that was too big and too good to turn down?

He would likely require a bigger than expected deal to sign here.
Reinhart is in a similar position with regards to a long term deal tbf.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto

If only you were right...

We would actually have had two top lines instead of one these past few seasons.

Hop off Sam’s dick long enough to realize he’s become a passenger player, especially this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad