Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I just don't see locking down more than 7.5 million on Sam, when we're no where close. If, and if Jack asks for a trade, then we need to move on from Sam as well and just start the whole mess over.

Why not pay sam and get rid of risto?

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Gotta see the positive side here. At least we get to keep our stealth 2c after we found out he could be what we all thought he could be. The Flames had to trade their's away in order to find out.

Then again, we did the same with a Selke, Conn Smythe winner...
Botterill could be single handedly responsible for the departure of all three centermen. After giving ROR away for basically nothing, his handling of the Reinhart situation could end up costing much more. That is if Reinhart tries to go the UFA route, or if he gets traded now, and then Eichel thinking to himself: I'm out too.
Because, chances are higher that Eichel is leaving without Reinhart around, i guarantee you that.

Reactions: umbertovanek

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Skinner was even overpaid when he got the deal.
he probably will hit 30 once or twice and in between he'll have 35-50 pts seasons with 15-25 goals

So seriously not worth the money then. How many people bought into giving him big money and term? Was that Jack's benefit? Sadly I bought into it but didn't want to give him that much but it is what it is now. He's not being moved anytime soon which means Sam is. I just don't see them paying him that big money now when he would surely bring back a couple of valuable pieces now. Not picks. And his value certainly has increased as you can say he's a center now. Will be an interesting off season with Sam in play.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
So seriously not worth the money then. How many people bought into giving him big money and term? Was that Jack's benefit? Sadly I bought into it but didn't want to give him that much but it is what it is now. He's not being moved anytime soon which means Sam is. I just don't see them paying him that big money now when he would surely bring back a couple of valuable pieces now. Not picks. And his value certainly has increased as you can say he's a center now. Will be an interesting off season with Sam in play.

Or you just do what good organizations do. Keep your good players and create cap space by trading your mid level overpaid guys like Miller, Eakin, Risto.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
what you mean with valuable pieces? The chances you get anything near his value back are pretty slim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad