Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I haven't watched any games in about 2 months as I gave up on the season, but I just noticed he only has 22g 28a 50p in 66 games riding alongside Eichel all season ? That is horrible... 6 million a season might be too much for him

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Eichel and Reinhart disappearing the last four games bothers me. Eichel has the built in injury excuse, but what is Reinhart’s excuse?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Eichel and Reinhart disappearing the last four games bothers me. Eichel has the built in injury excuse, but what is Reinhart’s excuse?

I'm one of the last people to defend Reinhart but hes playing with two linemates that are clearly injured.

Reactions: Zman5778

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Well if he wants to play with Jack in the best years of his career maybe he can take a slight discount, if he would walk and go to a good team he would be best third line RW and not have close to the player Jack is to feed him his 20-25 goals.. Plus the guy is still notorious for taking huge parts of the season off, even more so when Jack is not playing with him.. 6.5 to 7 that's it..

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
its not a good idea to use a contract from 4 years ago regardless of accounting for % of cap.

4 years ago the cost of UFA seasons was significantly different than it is today.

a long term Reinhart deal buys significant UFA years that will be negotiated with today’s rates Front and center

What data do you have that supports this?

For sure there are some outliers, but when I set filters for contract signings over the past 5 years for:
  • Forwards only
  • Contract length 5-7 years
  • Signing age 24-27
  • PPG of 0.6-0.9 in their contract year
Almost all contracts signed range between 6% to 10%, but the average contract is ~7.5% for the entire range and there isn't a linear growth pattern.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If someone out there pulls a Botterill and we get back more--or a lot more--than we give away, the deal could easily help us.
Every other GM views him as a sucker to be conned so what the hell do you expect would happen if he trades Sam? No sane or reasonable person should want to see Botts trade Sam because it would end up an unmitigated disaster.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It will cost around 8mil for 8 years
You buy out Skinner before you trade Reinhart

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm one of the last people to defend Reinhart but hes playing with two linemates that are clearly injured.
Reinhart is basically a #1 overall pick. I've yet to see him do anything on his own. It's been O'Reilly or Eichel carrying Reinhart his whole career. Reinhart has played the sidekick role pretty well but we needed him at some point to become a dominant player. It's never going to happen here unless a coach that actually knows what he's doing can bring it out of him.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
It's tricky since he's still a good finisher and probably the best player on the team at deflections. But his overall play otherwise this season has been among the worst on the team imo. Maybe the worst.

7 tops.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3