Injury Report: Sam Morin update, Nov. 24, 2020 (Torn ACL, right knee surgery Nov. 22, 2019)

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Really sucks for him. Hopefully he can return and make it somewhere. He's still fairly young for a defenseman.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Damn. This makes me really sad. He was one of the reasons why I stuck it out watching hockey in the beginning. I couldn’t wait for him to suit up one day in the NHL.

I loved and still love hard hockey. He was someone that had skill and tenacity; a best of both worlds type player.

Truly saddening to see he probably won’t ever suit up in a flyers uniform again. Can’t really put the blame on anyone, but damn, if Hextall just gave him a chance his history would’ve been rewritten.

Best of luck, Sammy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hextall gave him a chance he probably would have blown the knee out in the NHL.

Morin had bad luck, but staying healthy is one of those things, you have the same chance of injury in the NHL as in the AHL.
And there's no evidence that he'd ever had made it, his puck handling has been an adventure, and the NHL the sharks smell blood and attack.
He needed to stay healthy and play to refine his game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Y'all would have turned on Morin after a few weeks when he got stripped a few times for turnovers leading to goals.
Then the mantra would be why are we playing this stiff over Hagg.
The player who isn't in the lineup is always the great hope. Until they play.

Meanwhile Friedman is the good soldier who has steadily improved in the AHL, has speed and plays a responsible game at RHD.
A fast undersized defensive oriented D-man won't attract the hype of a 6'7 230 lb D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad