Injury Report: Sam Morin update, Nov. 24, 2020 (Torn ACL, right knee surgery Nov. 22, 2019)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
his major injury happened when the Flyers season was over and him, Lindblom and Sanheim were all playing in the AHL playoffs.

Well, that was stupid.
Why would you have inexperienced players risk injury in the AHL playoffs just to get a little game time when they could be sitting at home on the sofa?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In all seriousness, Morin's chances of jumping Hagg on the depth chart were low. It was always Myers who was going to get that #6 spot from Hagg and right now, it looks like it has already happened. The only way Morin gets ahead of Hagg is if Hagg is traded
And watch...another Dman will get hurt, and it will be Hagg who plays with Morin hurt.

Morin needed to prove he could stay healthy if they were going to keep him as the #7 over Hagg. Let's see what this ends up being but this might be the last straw. Yay for Hagg fans.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And watch...another Dman will get hurt, and it will be Hagg who plays with Morin hurt.

Morin needed to prove he could stay healthy if they were going to keep him as the #7 over Hagg. Let's see what this ends up being but this might be the last straw. Yay for Hagg fans.

Durability is an important attribute for a player, can't help the team from the trainer's table.
Hagg may be limited, but he does save you from Prosser.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team's handling of Morin is the How-Not-To textbook for player development.

Meh. Morin got hurt, some guys are injury prone.
If he doesn't get hurt, he has a least a 10 game cameo in 2017-18 to prove himself NHL ready, if he plays well, he probably supplants Hagg, if he doesn't, then everything that happened is irrelevant.
Players make these decisions on the ice.
If Holmgren takes Morrissey over Morin, then none of this would have been an issue.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh. Morin got hurt, some guys are injury prone.
If he doesn't get hurt, he has a least a 10 game cameo in 2017-18 to prove himself NHL ready, if he plays well, he probably supplants Hagg, if he doesn't, then everything that happened is irrelevant.
Players make these decisions on the ice.
If Holmgren takes Morrissey over Morin, then none of this would have been an issue.

He was ready when Berube was here. Hextall elected to f*** him over. Since then the team has repeatedly chosen to go with an inferior dman, making him into a completely wasted asset. They have trashed a 1st round pick into nothingness.

You cannot afford to do that in the cap era. Every 1st round pick is a major deal and you can't just ruin them for idiotic Hextallian reasons.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
That sucks so much. I have been looking
Forward to having him be an every game player since we drafted him. He has had no luck at all and has always had a positive attitude. He should have made the team years ago and then injuries really derailed him.

best of luck to him and his recovery. When I tore my acl it took me a full year and then some before I was comfortable. Can’t imagine tearing it twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad