Sam Bradford has requested a trade

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not so much a 180 as it is "i didn't get what i want and i no have no other options"

The Eagles fans are going to eat him alive. They're vultures on a good day.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Stephen A. Smith is the most obvious non-athlete fronting like he knows how locker rooms operate. Its embarrassing. The Eagles players don't care that Bradford is missing voluntary workouts. They don't care he requested a trade. If it was August...they'd care since that has team wide ramifications.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Nobody is going to pay him what he signed for, its simply not worth it.

He already got his $11 million signing bonus. That hit belongs to the Eagles from what I had heard. So, any team would be on the hook for his $7 million salary plus his $4 million in guaranteed money next season.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
He already got his $11 million signing bonus. That hit belongs to the Eagles from what I had heard. So, any team would be on the hook for his $7 million salary plus his $4 million in guaranteed money next season.

This is correct, except the trading team would also have to pay his salary ($13m) next year.

So it's

2016 $7m
2017 $17m

If he proved to be successful the teams have a number of options to reduce the 2017 number.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Still not proven enough to justify that money IMO, plus it didn't help the Eagles were rumored to have been asking for too much.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I could go on, but you get the point. He is the exact opposite of a competitor. You think Tom Brady would give a **** if the Pats moved up and drafted a QB? No, his ass would be working hard trying to prove that he's better than the kid. So soft.
I can't put it any better than this. Show me any HoF QB in history who ever did this, because of rumors his team would draft a QB.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Because Luck was supposed to be a rare talent, and because Manning was coming off a significant injury, and because Manning was making a significant amount of money. I am absolutely sure that Bradford would have been fine with a release prior to the draft.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Excluding Jameis Winston, Bradford has the lowest winning % and has made the most $ of any active QB who has never won a playoff game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looks like he and his agent did so because they figured Denver would want him. Which, apparently they did, just not at what the Eagles price was.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Looks like he and his agent did so because they figured Denver would want him. Which, apparently they did, just not at what the Eagles price was.

Given he didn't want to help break in a 1st round QB, I wonder what Bradford's opinion of drafting Lynch would have been.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
^ What a weird and awkward and useless "statistic"
Being paid the most to lose the most is a useless stat. :sarcasm:

Wins are irrelevant when evaluating a QB. Every other QB drafted after him was paid on a capped scale. So yes, really.
Wins don't matter. :sarcasm: The draft has nothing to do with comparing Bradford's contract to other QBs' contracts. Please keep going. You're on a roll. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad