Sam Bradford has requested a trade

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I could go on, but you get the point. He is the exact opposite of a competitor. You think Tom Brady would give a **** if the Pats moved up and drafted a QB? No, his ass would be working hard trying to prove that he's better than the kid. So soft.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't blame Sam here. He signed an extension thinking that he was going to have more job security. Like every QB, he thinks he can start. With playoff teams like the Jets and Broncos STILL lacking a legitimate starter, why would he relegate himself to a competition? It's kinda ****** of the Eagles, to be honest.

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
I don't blame Sam here. He signed an extension thinking that he was going to have more job security. Like every QB, he thinks he can start. With playoff teams like the Jets and Broncos STILL lacking a legitimate starter, why would he relegate himself to a competition? It's kinda ****** of the Eagles, to be honest.

He had a full season to prove that he should be their starter of the future. You can't blame the Eagles for lacking faith in him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I agree. Its one thing not committing to a guy and bringing in a fellow vet as competition but trading up to #2 specifically for a QB to eventually take your job is

DyerMaker66*

I fully blame Bradford: "Wah I might get replaced. I'm taking my ball and going home."

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Again if they had this grand plan of drafting and sitting a QB at 2, why sign Bradford to that type of money?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I fully blame Bradford: "Wah I might get replaced. I'm taking my ball and going home."

The Eagles, by offering that kind of money, told Bradford "you're our guy." Then when they trade up, they're telling Bradford "you might not be our guy anymore." He's supposed to be okay with that, essentially a broken promise? Why would he willingly stay in a place where he has less job security, and on a worse team? The Eagles ****ed him over.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't really blame him.

They signed him, made him feel like he is the man and then gave him a massive middle finger.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Again if they had this grand plan of drafting and sitting a QB at 2, why sign Bradford to that type of money?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
He had a full season to prove that he should be their starter of the future. You can't blame the Eagles for lacking faith in him.

6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Eagles, by offering that kind of money, told Bradford "you're our guy." Then when they trade up, they're telling Bradford "you might not be our guy anymore." He's supposed to be okay with that, essentially a broken promise? Why would he willingly stay in a place where he has less job security, and on a worse team? The Eagles ****ed him over.

For $22 million he should.

DyerMaker66*

It's not a promise of anything. They wanted a QB so they got one. Now they want a different one. As long as they pay him I couldn't care less.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For $22 million he should.

He's probably made over $100 million in his career, no? I doubt money is an issue. It's the principle.

It's not a promise of anything. They wanted a QB so they got one. Now they want a different one. As long as they pay him I couldn't care less.

He was basically lied to. If he was told "we're probably gonna move up to 2 and have you compete with Carson Wentz for a starter's job", he doesn't sign the contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No one looks good.

Eagles either went back on him or lied to his face.

Bradford, upon learning that he may need to compete for his job, doesn't want to.

Man, this really is playing out almost like Draft Day.

Eagles should have franchised him and dealt with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad