Not open for further replies.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Galchenyuk gets 6x6 maybe more. No way in hell he signs for 5 or 4

Barkov signed a 6 years @5.9M AAV contract
Scheifele signed an 8 years @6.125M AAV contract

Both have showed more than Galchenyuk at the moment. Gaudreau also signed a 6.75M AAV contract, it seems contract's worth are going down recently. I won't even talk about the Kucherov and Lindholm contracts since they are not comparable for different factors but they were a lot cheaper than expected.

I'm going to guess 8 years @6M AAV for Galchenyuk and 3 years @6.25M AAV for Radulov.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but Markov and Desharnais are totally getting new contracts. Markov will be 1 year, somewhere around 4M. Desharnais, 1 or 2 years at around 2.5M.

Galchenyuk, I expect Bergevin to be his usual hardball, anally retentive GM who doesn't want to pay for skill. Expect a lowball offer. Maybe Galchenyuk insists on a 1 or 2 years deal. I just don't see a 6x6M happening now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Radulov... maybe Bergevin offers 6M x 3 years? Maybe Radulov signs because he likes it here.

Beaulieu, it will depends a lot on what he does this year. But I don't expect any problem there. Should sign for 2-3 years and a reasonable amount. He's a defenseman and Bergevin loves his D.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Ohhh nooooo, I thought Plekanec contract expires after this year. One more year to go after this ? :(

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Barkov signed a 6 years @5.9M AAV contract
Scheifele signed an 8 years @6.125M AAV contract

Both have showed more than Galchenyuk at the moment. Gaudreau also signed a 6.75M AAV contract, it seems contract's worth are going down recently. I won't even talk about the Kucherov and Lindholm contracts since they are not comparable for different factors but they were a lot cheaper than expected.

I'm going to guess 8 years @6M AAV for Galchenyuk and 3 years @6.25M AAV for Radulov.

Galchenuk's numbers in the past 3 seasons are 31pts in 65 games, 46pts in 80 games, & 56pts in 82 games. Galchenyuk's next contract all depends on what he does this year. If he gets 60-70 pts, then it's $6M min. If he gets 70+ points, then it's closer to $7M IMO. Also, if he signs for 8 years, then the Habs are buying more UFA years so, it's $6.5-$7M IMO (factoring in future years of cap growth).

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but Markov and Desharnais are totally getting new contracts. Markov will be 1 year, somewhere around 4M. Desharnais, 1 or 2 years at around 2.5M.

Galchenyuk, I expect Bergevin to be his usual hardball, anally retentive GM who doesn't want to pay for skill. Expect a lowball offer. Maybe Galchenyuk insists on a 1 or 2 years deal. I just don't see a 6x6M happening now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Radulov... maybe Bergevin offers 6M x 3 years? Maybe Radulov signs because he likes it here.

Beaulieu, it will depends a lot on what he does this year. But I don't expect any problem there. Should sign for 2-3 years and a reasonable amount. He's a defenseman and Bergevin loves his D.

Galchenyuk gets an 8 year deal! He's UFA in a few seasons and the Habs only true top center. No way MB doesn't sign him for any less than 6 years! 8 Years is the target if they can get him for under $7M

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd be extremely surprised if Markov isn't re-signed. It won't be a 6M deal, but he'll be re-signed.

I think they're trying to pass off Plekanec somewhere to offset this. His real salary is lower than his caphit next season, so somebody might take a flier. I don't expect DD and Flynn back next season.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
Galchenuk's numbers in the past 3 seasons are 31pts in 65 games, 46pts in 80 games, & 56pts in 82 games. Galchenyuk's next contract all depends on what he does this year. If he gets 60-70 pts, then it's $6M min. If he gets 70+ points, then it's closer to $7M IMO. Also, if he signs for 8 years, then the Habs are buying more UFA years so, it's $6.5-$7M IMO (factoring in future years of cap growth).

Well his points may go up but I'm sure he won't be on Barkov's level in terms of 2-way play. If he is though I will gladly pay him 7M :nod:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Desharnais will be re-signed if McCarron doesn't show an improvement in his game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well his points may go up but I'm sure he won't be on Barkov's level in terms of 2-way play. If he is though I will gladly pay him 7M :nod:

We agree it's $6-$7M range. Lets hope Pat Brisson/Chucky can agree to a 8 year deal at $6M. Well see how MB and PB see eye to eye. MB got burned with Subban on the bridge deal. Hope it's not round 2!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I expect two years for 8M or so.

Markov will be one year contracts from now on and if he don't re-sign for less than $3M, not sure we can afford him. Id like to see Markov play 3rd line pairing next year with PP time. Only way it works is if he's a bargain deal IMO. Think about potential pairings and who's the top 4?

Serge/Weber
Beaulieu/Petry
Markov/Pateryn
Emelin

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Desharnais will be re-signed if McCarron doesn't show an improvement in his game.

McCarron is far from being the only option for the 3rd line center role. Danault won't be a 4th liner for his entire career and his current play clearly shows that. Trades and UFA signings do happen as well.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It'd be awesome if we could get Shipachyov to come here, he'd be great with Pacioretty as he's a pass first centre and would help on the PP as well. Especially since the C market for UFAs will be pretty weak, with all the Russians he'd fit in well. :laugh:

Assuming we lost Pateryn and not a forward in the expansion draft, this would be an interesting group of forwards.

Radulov - Chucky - Gally
Pacioretty - Shipachyov - Shaw
Lehkonen - Plekanec - McCarron
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It'd be awesome if we could get Shipachyov to come here, he'd be great with Pacioretty as he's a pass first centre and would help on the PP as well. Especially since the C market for UFAs will be pretty weak, with all the Russians he'd fit in well. :laugh:

Assuming we lost Pateryn and not a forward in the expansion draft, this would be an interesting group of forwards.

Radulov - Chucky - Gally

...That's cute, but that's also, in all likelihood, over the cap.

I mean :
Chucky +3 (that's a conservative estimate)
Radulov 0 (that's very conservative, too)
Shipachyov +4 (and that's conservative, too; if the market is weak, he'd get an even better offer)
McCarron : +1.5 (count in bonuses)

DD - 3.5
Flynn -0.9

....And that's only the forward group. Let's say the spare ie Carr (no effect, he's already here and it's the same contract)

That's already +3M with the most conservative possible estimates. With only the forwards. I don't see why Montoya would not go for a raise, because we don't have much choice but to keep him so we don't expose Price. Beaulieu will get a raise. Markov will stay here at a reduced salary (those two will offset).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
McCarron is far from being the only option for the 3rd line center role. Danault won't be a 4th liner for his entire career and his current play clearly shows that. Trades and UFA signings do happen as well.

Let's hope you are right. Just starting to think that Desharnais coming back is not a work of fiction.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

I mean :
Shipachyov +4 (and that's conservative, too; if the market is weak, he'd get an even better offer)

DD - 3.5
Flynn -0.9

....And that's only the forward group. Let's say the spare ie Carr (no effect, he's already here and it's the same contract)

That's already +3M with the most conservative possible estimates.

Markov is likely getting less money + Emelin is likely the player Las Vegas takes from Habs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Markov is likely getting less money + Emelin is likely the player Las Vegas takes from Habs.

Markov will get less money, but a significant part of that is offset by Beaulieu getting a raise. (See Edit)

And Vegas picking Emelin is far from a certainty at this point, or at any point.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I mean :

DD - 3.5
Flynn -0.9

That's already +3M with the most conservative possible estimates. With only the forwards. I don't see why Montoya would not go for a raise, because we don't have much choice but to keep him so we don't expose Price. Beaulieu will get a raise. Markov will stay here at a reduced salary (those two will offset).

Parenteau's 1.33 mill will be coming off the books, plus the cap may go up with another team in the league that will bring in more revenue.

Markov won't be making $5.75 million and either him or Emelin might not even be back.

McCarron would be getting under $1.07 million with bonuses, basically just over $100k more than Flynn. Can't see Beaulieu getting a huge pay increase either, he's playing 3rd pairing and he doesn't have the offensive numbers to get more leverage in negotiations.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Parenteau's 1.33 mill will be coming off the books, plus the cap may go up with another team in the league that will bring in more revenue.

Markov won't be making $5.75 million and either him or Emelin might not even be back.
See... I did forget that.

But that might just mean every forward get .5M+ instead.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I mean :

DD - 3.5
Flynn -0.9

There is money and cap space available but depends on how much Chucky/Radulov/Beaulieu get.

Expiring Cap Hits this Season Totals $22.03M
Chucky - $2.8M
Radulov - $5.75M
DD - $3.5M
Flynn - $0.950M
Markov - $5.75M
Beaulieu - $1M
Montoya - $0.950M
Parenteau Buyout - $1.33M

Players to Re-Sign Totals $22.5M to $28M
Chucky - $6 to 7M
Radulov - $7 to 8M
Markov - $3 to 4M
Beaulieu - $3 to 4M
Montoya - $1 to 1.5M
Shipachev - $2.5 to 3.5M (he currently makes $2M in KHL)

Habs are currently $2.5 under the cap. Plus add extra revenue from the World Cup and a better performance by Canadian teams (making the playoffs), the Cap should rise another $3-5M. There is room to sign Shipachev or someone else potentially. To me, Markov is welcomed back for one more year but at a much reduced salary! That is the key or he plays his last season with the Habs this year.

What about the following season where Price has to be resigned? It's simple, add Emelin's $4.1M on top of Prices Current salary of $6.5 and Price gets around $9M-10M range.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Radulov - Chucky - Gally

Pretty deadly line-up IMO!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Shipachyov @ 2.5M makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, he's a UFA Center in an offseason where he might just be the best player at his position. There's probably 30 other teams who will offer him more than that!

And World Cup Revenue isn't HRR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad