Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Day Two Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
lol.

MAF won one Cup.

The "save" against Detroit is overhyped.

He was a passenger on the other two.

In every other Pens failed playoff run, he was one of the top reasons the team lost. If not THE reason.

He won 3 Cups and was a big part of 2 of them. I'm not going to check it but I believe he won around the same amount of games Murray did for the 2nd of the back to back run.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He won 3 Cups and was a big part of 2 of them. I'm not going to check it but I believe he won around the same amount of games Murray did for the 2nd of the back to back run.

He won more, Fleury had 9 and Murray had 7. Not only that, but Fleury absolutely carried the team through Washington too.

Reactions: eXile3

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
lol.

MAF won one Cup.

In every other Pens failed playoff run, he was one of the top reasons the team lost. If not THE reason.

We all have plenty of reasons to shit all over MAF. MAF gave me gray hairs for his play during the 2012 playoffs and I'll never forget that. He was f***ing awful but so was the team letting up odd man break after odd man break.

That said, everyone is shitting all over MAF but the thing I keep coming back to is he's f***ing better than who we have right now! I own no Fleury jerseys and am not a Fleury apologist but he's f***ing better than the two turd sandwiches we have at the moment!

If you are going to shit all over MAF, who else are you going to replace our goalies with that are better than him? What you're going to trade Zucker, Petterson, and a 2nd for Vasilevskiy?

I'm just being a realist at this point. People dunk on MAF coming here but he's significantly better than what we have at the moment.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
So you'd rather stick with an unproven guy who's only marginally a starter over a guy with 3 cups and 5 cup appearances? Interesting.

Again, it's a moot point overall, but the hate Fleury gets here is downright nonsensical. I'd throw Jarry into the river if they could have acquired Fleury for nothing and if they could have made the cap work.
No, I'd rather go get someone else besides Fleury at $7 million. I didn't realize it was Fleury or nothing.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I got it! Pens trade Jarry and DeSmith in deals and sign Holtby and Jones to 4 year deals at 4M each.

Sounds about right. The anti-MAF people will celebrate as the team struggles to win 10 games next year and says at least our goaltenders weren't MAF.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
lol.

MAF won one Cup.

The 2017 Caps team was the better team and the best team in the playoffs, and Fleury stole the series. Should give it another look. That was the cup final imo.

Sorry if that's a tough pill to swallow. To say MAF was a passenger is absolutely absurd.

3 time cup winner. Gold medal winner. 3rd all time in wins. And now Vezina winner. Not wanting him back is one thing. But denying the man of his accomplishments is irrational.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
No, I'd rather go get someone else besides Fleury at $7 million. I didn't realize it was Fleury or nothing.

Like who? I'm being serious as someone who is not in love with MAF but understands our current goaltenders suck.

Let's start hearing some of these magic bean proposals.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Difference being Zucker doesn’t have a history of choking at the most important times outside of one year.

And Zucker has a grand total of 0 cups while Fleury has 3.

You keep clinging to the "Fleury has been pulled in 4 of his last 6 playoffs" line, despite the fact that Fleury has like a .923 save% over those years in a really big sample size of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad