Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Day Two Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Do you know the thing that bothers me about that Rossi tweet? You know for a fact that the Penguins are going to wait to address their goalie situation until they hear what Fleury is going to do. They're going to sit on their hands to wait for Fleury to make a decision, and if he decides on retiring, they're caught with their pants down and no options to upgrade in net.

If I were Hextall, I'd call Chicago right now and say "will you trade Fleury with salary retained straight up for Jarry?". If they say no, move on. Don't wait to see if Fleury will refuse to play for Chicago.

Reactions: domaug

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And Zucker has a grand total of 0 cups while Fleury has 3.

You keep clinging to the "Fleury has been pulled in 4 of his last 6 playoffs" line, despite the fact that Fleury has like a .923 save% over those years in a really big sample size of games.

Yes, because Fleury’s issue has never been putting up a solid sample size, it’s been blowing series individually.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Offguard? Every freaking body knew they were looking to move Fleury.

Rossi is a f***ing idiot. He should go back to serving ice cream with his dad. He's better at that than his sources within the team other than Geno because Geno feels bad that he rode the short bus as a kid and shares a tootsie roll with him once in a while.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well Jarry set the bar pretty low. Getting better would literally be not having the worst goalie performance of the last 7 years.

Sure, but didn’t Jarry beat the worst PO goalie record set by MAF in 2012 or something? Lol…could we find a goalie not on that list!

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Like who? I'm being serious as someone who is not in love with MAF but understands our current goaltenders suck.

Let's start hearing some of these magic bean proposals.
If we can sign them cheap I'd be fine with Andersen or Grubauer for example. We basically just need a guy we can legitimately turn to if Jarry looks like he is crapping the bed in the playoffs again.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Fleury is a good goalie who is good friends with the best players on the team. If the Pens get him they’ll be better, and if they’re not then :dunno: nobody else is a shoe in to be better

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad