Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Day Two Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think they're going to do it, but imagine the hype that would go across this city if the team acquired Gibson tonight.

It'd be one way to help crash the forum for sure.

Incidentally, it's times like this I wish I had the gall to do an Eklund and make up rumours and charge people money for them. I'm not saying Kingerski/Rossi are doing that, but a child of two could spot we're probably making calls on Gibson, and not just because he's from Pittsburgh.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
If we're getting Gibson and Rakell, Guentzel is heading to Anaheim.

I don't think we have anything Anaheim wants honestly, they need scoring and I think Guentzel is the only player they'd want.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It'd be one way to help crash the forum for sure.

Incidentally, it's times like this I wish I had the gall to do an Eklund and make up rumours and charge people money for them. I'm not saying Kingerski/Rossi are doing that, but a child of two could spot we're probably making calls on Gibson, and not just because he's from Pittsburgh.

I actually think Gibson is a realistic target in terms of goalies that could be moved. I'm skeptical that the Penguins have the assets for him, but I don't doubt for a second his availability.

Apparently Carolina and Anaheim came to an agreement on a Gibson deal, but Carolina backed out. I have no doubts that Anaheim would trade him, I'm just not sure they'd trade him here. Personally, I'd be fine with emptying the prospect pool for Gibson because I think they can probably recoup most of what they gave up for Gibson in 3 years when they're rebuilding.

If you can get Gibson for Poulin and a 1st, have him as your starter for 3 years and then flip him for a 1st when you're rebuilding, I don't really see an issue there.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I actually think Gibson is a realistic target in terms of goalies that could be moved. I'm skeptical that the Penguins have the assets for him, but I don't doubt for a second his availability.

Apparently Carolina and Anaheim came to an agreement on a Gibson deal, but Carolina backed out. I have no doubts that Anaheim would trade him, I'm just not sure they'd trade him here. Personally, I'd be fine with emptying the prospect pool for Gibson because I think they can probably recoup most of what they gave up for Gibson in 3 years when they're rebuilding.

Of course you think he's a realistic target in terms of guys who could be moved, everyone does :P

Not sure how comfortable I'd be with paying a high price considering he's just had two pretty meh years and how volatile goalies seem to be though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wait, is there a valid Pens/Ducks rumor going around?

Kingerski's said he's heard Gibson's name, Rossi has said Anaheim and Arizona are the two places he can see a hockey trade happening.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Zucker for Dvorak would make sense from a cost perspective, but I don't see why Arizona would do that. Don't really see what else Arizona makes sense for to us.

I guess Crouse's rights for Zucker? But why are they adding contracts. And we aren't adding picks to get rid of Zucker.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the only Arizona deal that makes much sense to me is something like Jarry and another piece for Kuemper, with the Penguins not losing any draft picks. I don't know what that other piece would be, though.

I don't think they'd want him, but I wonder how they'd feel about Pettersson. They literally only have Chychrun, Gostisbehere and Lyubushkin under contract for next year. The issue with Pettersson is that he's owed a lot of money, but at the same point, they also have to hit the salary floor. They're right at the floor right now, but that's also with including Kessel (who they're going to trade for value) and a ton of their big contracts end after next year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Zucker for Dvorak would make sense from a cost perspective, but I don't see why Arizona would do that. Don't really see what else Arizona makes sense for to us.

I guess Crouse's rights for Zucker? But why are they adding contracts. And we aren't adding picks to get rid of Zucker.

Kuemper for Jarry, balance a bit as needed.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Chicago finally finished the Seth Jones deal. Hope he sucks for them, the team is garbage forever, and everyone involved (still with the team, as well as those who moved on) are fired, charged and blacklisted from working in the sport again. :laugh:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
This is one of the most active days I can remember in a long time.

And Seattle is still just chilling.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Jones is pretty overrated. I don’t see him helping Chicago that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad