Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - Waiting for Day Two Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Talking about Flower the three time cup winner is like talking about Kuhnhackl the two time cup winner. It's true but not the whole truth. Not that it's particularly relevant but that particular piece of tire pumping irks me enough to say it.

What is relevant is that he's probably not worth 7m considering our other needs. If Chicago fancy flipping him cheap with retention then sure, let's talk. Otherwise... *shrugs*

If he came back here

Fleury traded to Zona at 25% and Zona traded him to Pens at 50% so he's 75% off.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I agree that he was wise to go back to Murray when he did, but people seem to think they would have beat Washington if Fleury wasn’t in net. I’m not so sure of that

I think they would have. Ottawa was a much tougher out than the Craps.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If I had to guess, Fleury doesn’t want to play for Chicago. But I don’t know. This will be interesting to monitor.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
On ice, the difference between MAF and Jarry is pretty significant. MAF just won a Vezina, finished top 5 a couple of other years, and is capable of stealing a playoff series. Jarry is a mediocre goalie who is tasked with not screwing things up....which he did anyway. We all know MAF's history of gaffes, but it still somehow wasn't as bad as Jarry. If the choice is between the 2, I really don't see how anyone would pick Jarry over MAF.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Chicago is not cap strapped. they have 10.5mil in LTIR money from Seabrook and Shaw for next season. And Seabrook gives them 6.8mil in LTIR money for two seasons after this one.

They traded Keith for cap reasons. Just like we dumped Tanev & McCann. Teams that do that are cap strapped.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Murray fell apart the moment MAF left the team. Coincidence I guess.

Jarry fell apart after being an all-star when he didn't have a veteran backing. Coincidence I guess.

Maybe there's something more to THIS team winning than just putting it all on one goalie. Maybe. Cause we haven't won a playoff series since other than that shit show against the Flyers that could have turned into 2012 very easily.

But whatever. Fleurymanbad.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Okay? They traded him because he asked for a trade. Getting out of his salary had nothing to do with that, they traded him because he wanted out.

Chicago needed to dump contracts on some of these older guys. He might have asked them for a trade, but the primary motivator for the team was cap space.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Chicago needed to dump contracts on some of these older guys. He might have asked them for a trade, but the primary motivator for the team was cap space.

You're literally wrong. The entire reason they moved him was because he asked for a trade to be closer to his family in Western Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad