Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Do you expect Reaves' production to increase on the Pens?

Depends on his TOI. If it stays at 8 minutes, no probably not - at least not significantly. If he does get more icetime, then yes, I expect his production to increase as well.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Yea Vegas has 3 potentials in Eakin, Karlsson and Lindberg.
Just dunno if they're willing to part with 1.
I don't believe Haula is available.
And they signed Lindberg to a 2yr deal.
But maybe Eakin and Karlsson are available. Dunno.
I gotta think a couple of the 5 targets JR had were from Vegas or atleast 1.

If there was a way to get both of those guys... I'd be very very happy.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Depends on his TOI. If it stays at 8 minutes, no probably not - at least not significantly. If he does get more icetime, then yes, I expect his production to increase as well.

Do we want to increase his TOI? I can't imagine his ES TOI will increase materially enough to see higher production. If anything, they will use him as a PK option.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Didn't Karlsson like or share some tweet earlier this week which criticized salary caps?

Edit: Yeah, he retweeted LeBron.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope Karlsson leaves Ottawa. Way too good a talent to be wasted in that ****hole of an organization.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Is it possible that the longer JR has looked at his options at C, he likes what he sees internally??

Bluegar, Simon, ZAR and Johnson are all options. Maybe they have an open competition during training camp and see who rises to the top.

I think the most reasonable explanation at this point is that he's waiting for the arbitration hearings to be over so he knows exactly how much money he's working with. Might even have a trade lined up but the deal may have to be tweaked depending on what we have left after Sheary and Dumoulin.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I hope the pens make a big push for Will Butcher next month.

It seems like his style of play would fit in really well with the way the pens play.

Pens also have very little depth on def, you would think that would be a positive for Butcher wanting to come here.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Do you expect Reaves' production to increase on the Pens?

He has an NHL career shooting average of around 11pc and got to take about 50 shots last year (I'm going by memory, too lazy to dig out stats today). Most of our 4th liners take about a shot a game. So yeah, I'm confident of his goals going up. And I imagine his assists go up if his team mates, ice time, offensive zone starts and so on go up from St Louis standard.

Seems a reasonable gamble to me. Might get difficult gambling on Rowney and Reaves at the same time but we've got time to smooth things out on that if it goes wrong.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
He has an NHL career shooting average of around 11pc and got to take about 50 shots last year (I'm going by memory, too lazy to dig out stats today). Most of our 4th liners take about a shot a game. So yeah, I'm confident of his goals going up. And I imagine his assists go up if his team mates, ice time, offensive zone starts and so on go up from St Louis standard.

Seems a reasonable gamble to me. Might get difficult gambling on Rowney and Reaves at the same time but we've got time to smooth things out on that if it goes wrong.

I don't see that at all. Our 4th line struggled to score for large stretches of the season. At least Rowney can add wear and tear on the opponent if they aren't chipping on a regular basis.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope Karlsson leaves Ottawa. Way too good a talent to be wasted in that ****hole of an organization.

Agreed. He's one of the players I respect the most in the league, but he'll always be associated with that franchise with the constant chip on their shoulder (owner and fans alike).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Oh boy. Melnyk isn't paying him 12.5MM

Honestly? I doubt he'd push for that much. I see him more in the 10m range. And regardless of how cheap Melnyk is or isn't... he will have to pay him that. Karlsson is the only reason why Ottawa made it to the 3rd round (not to mention game 7) last season. Not paying him simply isn't an option. Besides, as a almost cap team, it just means it's affecting the team around him, not the overall budget.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Honestly? I doubt he'd push for that much. I see him more in the 10m range. And regardless of how cheap Melnyk is or isn't... he will have to pay him that. Karlsson is the only reason why Ottawa made it to the 3rd round (not to mention game 7) last season. Not paying him simply isn't an option. Besides, as a almost cap team, it just means it's affecting the team around him, not the overall budget.

"Only reason" is a bit extreme

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
For that price, I dont think rolling the dice on Jussi would have been bad. If we got halfway through the year, and he wasnt making the grade, then we could have always shipped him. I guess what little space we do have has to be allocated right if we're gonna solve 3/4C

Bluegar, Simon, ZAR and Johnson are all options. Maybe they have an open competition during training camp and see who rises to the top.

Can we really expect to see Johnson make the team this year? I know someone said that in the signing thread, but I assumed it was wishful thinking for now.

Hope I am proven way wrong, of course.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Co-signed. It will be a great joy if he walks away from the Sens and their tightwad owner and see them wind up with nothing. Truly a situation where you can say that organization doesnt deserve a player like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino