Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For that price, I dont think rolling the dice on Jussi would have been bad. If we got halfway through the year, and he wasnt making the grade, then we could have always shipped him. I guess what little space we do have has to be allocated right if we're gonna solve 3/4C

Can we really expect to see Johnson make the team this year? I know someone said that in the signing thread, but I assumed it was wishful thinking for now.

Hope I am proven way wrong, of course.

Part of the deal was a NMC.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
DK (Gajtka) discussed some names for our center options going forward.

- Jokinen
- Haula
- Bozak
- E.Staal

I don't normally reply... but did so there giving him **** for a crap article about some centers that will never be available.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think it's very possible that Jussi didn't want to work for JR again even if we wanted him. Last time he did, he got shipped out. This time, he got himself a NTC.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hey if we could get Haula and Drew Shore as our 3C and 4C i'd be one happy man. Don't waste assets on the huge names, go for the other young ones that can make a name for themselves on this team.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DK (Gajtka) discussed some names for our center options going forward.

- Jokinen
- Haula
- Bozak
- E.Staal

I don't normally reply... but did so there giving him **** for a crap article about some centers that will never be available.

I think Minnesota would be so dumb to give up Staal. So i put that one at no chance. Bozak seems to be a smart keep for Toronto. They get depth and they have a use for him. There no internal spending in Toronto and they aren't in Cap danger because their LTIR will be nice and heavy to start. Jokinen was just signed by the Oilers.

So it comes down to Haula. He is a perfect fit for cap and our direction. I wish I watched more Minnesota games but I did not. But LV doesn't seem to care to move him. He's a good player. I'd put him at the highest of the bunch at 20% chance.

Great stuff DK. :laugh: Users on HF can put better lists out. Why pay for his stupid ass site?

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I got a .edu account at DK for $1 a month. It's worth it for the gif-heavy game recaps.

I pay more for HF, actually.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I think it's very possible that Jussi didn't want to work for JR again even if we wanted him. Last time he did, he got shipped out. This time, he got himself a NTC.

Mackey reported that JJ reached out to Penguins and they had no interest. So it would appear JJ has no hard feelings towards JR, or at least nothing that couldn't be overcome. It's not like JR traded him to Zona :)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Great stuff DK. :laugh: Users on HF can put better lists out. Why pay for his stupid ass site?

Seriously, the only reason anyone should pay for those sites is if they provide some "insider information" that the rest of us plebs don't have access to.

In terms of actual hockey talk, I'll take this forum any day over anything people like DK, Rossi, Madden, etc. spew any day. Their hot takes sound like what we see from the troll accounts on here, not the actual serious hockey talk folks.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I am not 100% sure on Haula. He seems used like a 4C more than a 3. Minnesota brought in Hanzal last year, plus Koivu and Staal already on the roster. Granlund and Coyle also play center.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Seriously, the only reason anyone should pay for those sites is if they provide some "insider information" that the rest of us plebs don't have access to.

In terms of actual hockey talk, I'll take this forum any day over anything people like DK, Rossi, Madden, etc. spew any day. Their hot takes sound like what we see from the troll accounts on here, not the actual serious hockey talk folks.

Rossi said we'd never win again when Shero/DB left and roasted the team. DK hasn't delivered "news" in his new solo website life. I'll give Madden a slight crack of "insider" information, but he doesn't hide behind a paywall. He just hides behind a wrestling gimmick. Which is fine by me because it's entertainment on radio for some. Not me.. but for some.

But seriously DK and Rossi are laughable. I'll never forget when Rossi went off and said the team wouldn't win again when DB was let go.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Which is pretty much what I replied. Gave him **** for a lazy article, then gave him 6 names - 4 of which are probably much more realistic targets (Eakins, Karlsson, Lindberg, Bjugstad (salary reasons?), D.Ryan & Z.Smith.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt

JJ would have been a cheap 3C for a year or used to fill in for other forward positions when thec Penguins get their usual injuries..

If I remember correctly, he can win a few faceoffs and score a few goals too. I think I would have pulled the trigger on this one.

IANaGM in real life

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Rossi said we'd never win again when Shero/DB left and roasted the team. DK hasn't delivered "news" in his new solo website life. I'll give Madden a slight crack of "insider" information, but he doesn't hide behind a paywall. He just hides behind a wrestling gimmick. Which is fine by me because it's entertainment on radio for some. Not me.. but for some.

But seriously DK and Rossi are laughable. I'll never forget when Rossi went off and said the team wouldn't win again when DB was let go.

I pay the $30 CND a year because I do not live in the city, do not check the local papers (unless someone links articles from them) and do not listen to the radio. So it's an easy and convenient place to find Pens specific info that usually has some half decent articles.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Which is pretty much what I replied. Gave him **** for a lazy article, then gave him 6 names - 4 of which are probably much more realistic targets (Eakins, Karlsson, Lindberg, Bjugstad (salary reasons?), D.Ryan & Z.Smith.

Oh god... now he will write an article thinking you mean Erik Karlsson. :laugh: :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest