Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Iacona believes we may have picked up depth D-Man Kevin Czuczman:

No official word yet from PIT/WBS...
If true a nicer pick up that has more offense in his game.

ETA: Confirmed.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
My dream is Teuvo Teravainen or Radek Faksa but boy... the cost just isn't what I want to give away. Both guys are young and that perfect role. I'd love them. But realistically i'm just not in the business of shaking our wings up.

To me it's;

Are they signed for more than this season?
Is there cap hit $3m or less?
Are they going to be relatively okay to get?
Can they provide more offence than Bonino?
Can they PK?

Most of those and I'll be happy.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm sensing that size is a theme with Guerin's signings.

ETA: This guy is 6'3'' 210
Summers 6'2'' 209
Tinordi 6'6'' 230
Trotman 6'3'' 217

Last edited:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
While they might still be terrible, I think people here are sleeping on Colorado's offense. Sure, they bombed completely last season but they have some scorers on that roster.

MacKinnon is a great offensive player, and getting better overall. Duchene is very good, if a little overrated. Landeskog can score far more than he did last season. Rantanen looks like a budding star. Jost looked good as a rookie, he is a keeper. Andrighetto came on after his trade from Montreal. I like him a lot this season. Barrie is a proven point producer. Erik Johnson can chip in. Barberio looked good after he left Montreal. Now they add Yakupov. Soderberg might rebound, he is a decent playmaker. Compher is a good two-way player. If they sign Makar right away, that's another offensive defenseman.

I think Colorado will score goals this season. Defensively, they still have tons of work.

They really were a different team in the latter half of the season, when they had faster guys like Compher/Andrighetto/Jost/Nieto/Barberio seeing ice time instead of the old and slow options they had had pre-deadline. All of those younger guys will be back with bigger roles this season, with some of the fat trimmed off in Beauchemin and the other terrible UFA defensemen they let go. I think you're right that their offense is ready to take a step forward.

They actually reminded me a lot of the Penguins before 2016, before that influx of WBS help came and saved their ***** from options like Glass, Adams, Comeau and other trash surrounding the stars. They just didn't have an equivalent trio of Crosby/Malkin/Letang to win them games singlehandedly like the Penguins did, but the forward depth was just as bad and the defense only ever had like two good players at a time. Now they're at a point where their versions of Sheary/Guentzel/Rust/Wilson/Kuhnhackl/Dumoulin can get into the lineup and make their mark, and that alone should help them improve.

The problem is still on the backend. They have that glaring hole in the lineup next to Barrie that Sakic is desperately trying to fill with the Duchene trade, and it looks like that's not going to happen. I don't think there's a single defenseman in this league who has produced as insanely well as Barrie has with the kind of horrible partners he's had.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Kind of wishful thinking here, but I'm assuming that the organization knows Cullen is returning, as there's been no depth signings at center. And I honestly don't believe that GMJR prefers to have Rowney as the 4C once the season starts, regardless of what he tells the media.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
My sources are telling me to expect fireworks in Pittsburgh.

Must be nice for it to be dark enough to see the fireworks. Canada Day is July 1st... but it doesn't get dark enough up here at night to see them - so we don't bother. :(

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Burakovsky re-ups 2yrsx3M aav.
Thought that was a really good deal for them but idk. He hasn't scored more than 38 pts, I thought for some reason he's hit like 50.

But only 3 seasons and he's young, guess kinda standard for a guy like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad