Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My dream is Teuvo Teravainen or Radek Faksa but boy... the cost just isn't what I want to give away. Both guys are young and that perfect role. I'd love them. But realistically i'm just not in the business of shaking our wings up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yea. No way i feel comfortable with Ryan as 3C. He seems like a perfect 4C if Cullen does not return. Even then, he and Cullen can play wing.

I agree about Ryan not being a L3 C. Some are suggesting it. I do not agree. And I don't think we need him at this time. I'd rather wait and see what Cully is going. I like Wilson on L4. He's a 20 pt player in a 4th line role. Pretty sweet.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
TT shouldn't cost that much, but he's not a proven center.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What's left as far as UFA 3C we could target? Any players overseas in European leagues we can target for 3C spot? I'm afraid of what it would cost to get Duchene trying to think of other options instead.

Everything is pointing towards us trading for a 3C.

Edit: Yakupov confirmed by Avs.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My dream is Teuvo Teravainen or Radek Faksa but boy... the cost just isn't what I want to give away. Both guys are young and that perfect role. I'd love them. But realistically i'm just not in the business of shaking our wings up.

Is there anyone you would trade from the roster, or would you be seeking to do this solely on picks and prospects?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Again i have to say it. Go plot out CAR's roster.
Highly doubt they move any C unless Staal wants out or they land Duchene.

Yakupov signed with the Avs.

Also highly doubt DAL is looking to move Faksa or Shore right now.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With a solid Rask/Staal/TT/Lindholm down the Middle and now with Kruger being traded for, Ryan is probably doable for Scott Wilson. Maybe add a 5th.

Teravainen can play center, but he's ideally a winger, as he was for much of last season. Lindholm can also play center, but based on the end of season press conference, it appears that the coaching staff has sort of given up on the idea of him in the middle in the long-term.

I'd be a little surprised by further movement from Carolina at the center position, at this time. I think they roll Rask, Staal, Ryan and Kruger, with Teravainen, Lindholm, Jooris (just for 4C), Wallmark (going into just his 2nd NA season in the AHL) and Roy (just turned pro) in the mix in the event of injury.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I mean, if this was several years ago and we had ****-all for wingers, sure. Take a chance on Yakupov in hopes that the eye test and stats are lying and he's not actually the biggest bust since Stefan or Daigle. But he is nothing more than a wasted roster spot and wasted cap space at this point.

I knew it wasn't even on the radar, but thankfully he's not even an option anymore. Yakupov is awful. :laugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Sid and Geno were right handed and we had an open spot in the right circle on the PP? Sure. Let him fire one timers all day. But they're not and he's **** at ES.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I like Ryan and he's one hell of a story, but he's just as much of a question mark as any out there. He made it to the NHL at the age of 29. Had a 29 pt season. He's no guarantee and he's a UFA next year (signed a 1 year deal).

I see a lot of people throwing his name out there, but he's as big of a question mark as anyone. I love his story. I actually like his game. But I see that as much of a gamble as any, right?

I would be scared of him, too. Kinda like Rowney, no track record before last season, at an advanced age for a first-year player. Scary.

TT shouldn't cost that much, but he's not a proven center.

Which is perfect, because he is the type of player (like Galchenyuk) who is not worth as much right now, BEFORE establishing himself, and would be worth the gamble.

Teravainen can play center, but he's ideally a winger, as he was for much of last season. Lindholm can also play center, but based on the end of season press conference, it appears that the coaching staff has sort of given up on the idea of him in the middle in the long-term.

I'd be a little surprised by further movement from Carolina at the center position, at this time. I think they roll Rask, Staal, Ryan and Kruger, with Teravainen, Lindholm, Jooris (just for 4C), Wallmark (going into just his 2nd NA season in the AHL) and Roy (just turned pro) in the mix in the event of injury.

Don't forget Saarela, he just might be your top prospect. I love that player. As for Teravainen, I think he is a better center than winger for production, but not all coaches will want him playing center because of the defensive angle.

I think Sullivan would take him and use him at center and he would thrive here.

Most likely the last season in the NHL for Yak. He's sure as hell not gonna put up points on a terrible Colorado team.

While they might still be terrible, I think people here are sleeping on Colorado's offense. Sure, they bombed completely last season but they have some scorers on that roster.

MacKinnon is a great offensive player, and getting better overall. Duchene is very good, if a little overrated. Landeskog can score far more than he did last season. Rantanen looks like a budding star. Jost looked good as a rookie, he is a keeper. Andrighetto came on after his trade from Montreal. I like him a lot this season. Barrie is a proven point producer. Erik Johnson can chip in. Barberio looked good after he left Montreal. Now they add Yakupov. Soderberg might rebound, he is a decent playmaker. Compher is a good two-way player. If they sign Makar right away, that's another offensive defenseman.

I think Colorado will score goals this season. Defensively, they still have tons of work.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is today the day RFA's have to be signed by? Or is that only ones with arbitration?

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
I believe today is the day they need to decide whether or not to go to arbitration. They can still sign at any time in the interim.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
While they might still be terrible, I think people here are sleeping on Colorado's offense. Sure, they bombed completely last season but they have some scorers on that roster.

MacKinnon is a great offensive player, and getting better overall. Duchene is very good, if a little overrated. Landeskog can score far more than he did last season. Rantanen looks like a budding star. Jost looked good as a rookie, he is a keeper. Andrighetto came on after his trade from Montreal. I like him a lot this season. Barrie is a proven point producer. Erik Johnson can chip in. Barberio looked good after he left Montreal. Now they add Yakupov. Soderberg might rebound, he is a decent playmaker. Compher is a good two-way player. If they sign Makar right away, that's another offensive defenseman.

I think Colorado will score goals this season. Defensively, they still have tons of work.

I don't disagree with you per se but I think people can't see past Colorado looking like the sort of team that pisses away all their potential, and I don't really disagree with them either.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
The Yak project is dead, he has gone to Avs for 875k

Most likely the last season in the NHL for Yak. He's sure as hell not gonna put up points on a terrible Colorado team.

Too bad he didn't go to Vancouver to join fellow draft bust phenom, Burmistrov.

Remember this??

Nail-Yakupov-Goal-Celebration.gif

:laugh:

What a ****ing clown. Writing on the wall buddy: you're KHL material all the way.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is today the day RFA's have to be signed by? Or is that only ones with arbitration?

There's no deadline on when RFA's have to sign. Once they're qualified each side is perfectly able to wait the other party out.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If the KHL was healthier all of these guys would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad