Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Stop trying to give Sheary or Maatta away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
People are trying to trade Sheary for Haula? And Sheary is the centerpiece? Implying there is more?!?!?

I'll see you guys when the season starts. Jesus Christ.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What about trading Sheary for Tyler Johnson or would we have to add more?

probably an add there, but that's the kind of guy I want if we're moving Sheary for a 3C. Similar players, but TJ has proven himself longer. But if we're moving Sheary, I want a guy back who we know is a very good player for the role.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What about trading Sheary for Tyler Johnson or would we have to add more?

I feel like wed have to add. And TJ is a RFA and probably will demand 5.5+, so i don't know if he's a good fit. I'd look for someone with a cheap contract.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
that's definitely true. Cost is a concern with TJ.

Yep. Im not aware of Tampa cap but i think they're right next to the cap. Idk what they're gonna do. I don't think he has signed yet. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets traded.

They'd probably want Maatta instead of Sheary though. They need D. as long as TJ comes signed under 5.5, i'd make that trade. Maatta for a Signed TJ.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'd love TJ. I don't know how realistic it is to even talk about, but he'd be an amazing fit, second only to Duchene probably.

redsono93

Jun 29, 2009
New Jersey
Yep. Im not aware of Tampa cap but i think they're right next to the cap. Idk what they're gonna do. I don't think he has signed yet. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets traded.

They'd probably want Maatta instead of Sheary though. They need D. as long as TJ comes signed under 5.5, i'd make that trade. Maatta for a Signed TJ.

What about Sheary, DP, and a 1st? I think he'd be less then Duchene right?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Doubt JR wants to help plug a hole for SY and vice versa.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We need a player that can eat heavy defensive minutes and surpress shots. Tyler Johnson is not that guy. Not to mention the last thing Tampa is moving a center for is a winger. Especially one like Conor Sheary who is going to require a pay raise. Also, why is Tampa helping a team they are probably going through in the playoffs get better?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like TJ is overkill for the 3C spot. He can range anywhere from a 70 point top line center to a 50 point great 2nd line center in any given year, but you know he'll get damn close to a PPG in the playoffs. I think that's just as overkill as trading for Duchene to make him the 3C. I wouldn't mind getting a top-6 center to be the 3C, but I'd be looking at average to lower end 2nd liners if I wanted a top-6 center in the 3C spot. Someone exactly like Staal for example. I wouldn't be looking at legit 1st liners in that spot.

If we're talking about someone like that, I'm going after guys like Staal, Henrique, RNH, Zajac or Little.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
We need a player that can eat heavy defensive minutes and surpress shots. Tyler Johnson is not that guy. Not to mention the last thing Tampa is moving a center for is a winger. Especially one like Conor Sheary who is going to require a pay raise. Also, why is Tampa helping a team they are probably going through in the playoffs get better?

Not necessarily. Just be competent defensively and drive play is fine by me. Lotta guys fit that mold.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Eh. I'm happy to splash out on a big cap hit for 3C (providing its deserved). Move Hagelin or another earner if needed.

I probably would too. Just saying, it's a concern with that deal. As others have said though, it's likely way down the list of problems with that trade.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not necessarily. Just be competent defensively and drive play is fine by me. Lotta guys fit that mold.

Yes necessarily. Without Cullen resigning we've lost our top two PKers and will probably lose Hagelin in any big move we try to make this year due to cap reason. We need to replace that. Also, face-offs are another glaring issue we have in terms of our center depth. If we bring in a player like Johnson, you are asking Crosby to take those defensive drawers which ultimately means you are asking players like Guentzel to take those defensive zone starts as well. Just weakens us in terms of what we need from a 3C.

I bet JR makes a move for a Stajan type.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yes necessarily. Without Cullen resigning we've lost our top two PKers and will probably lose Hagelin in any big move we try to make this year due to cap reason. We need to replace that. Also, face-offs are another glaring issue we have in terms of our center depth. If we bring in a player like Johnson, you are asking Crosby to take those defensive drawers which ultimately means you are asking players like Guentzel to take those defensive zone starts as well. Just weakens us in terms of what we need from a 3C.

I bet JR makes a move for a Stajan type.

Faceoffs are if Cullen doesn't come back. Bonino wasn't all that great. Give me a guy who can break even there and can skate and complement some skilled forwards.

Do not want to turn our depth into a clear cut top six/bottom six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA