Salary Cap: Salary Cap+Roster Building: 'twas a great run....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
If Geno is skating with McCann and Hornqvist next season and has crap behind him while the puck movers on defense play with Sid, then the consequences-- and they won't be pretty-- are on JR, not Geno.

He'll have JJ and Schultz, is that enough? I'm asking the hockey gods as much as you, because I sure hope so!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Call me when our franchise buys someone out.

Call me when theres a GM ridiculous enough to conisder adding a first round draft pick to move a serviceable bottom pair dman worth 3.25.

Jesus I cant even type a reply without shaking my head at what a bad suggestion that is. Absolutely out to lunch and dinner AND dessert on that one.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if he asks to bring Gonchar with him. I am fine letting Martin go, just not Gonchar.

I'm not sure Gonchar has much of an interest in coaching. I mean, I think he likes it, but this season he stepped back into more of a part time role to spend more time with his family in Dallas during the season. Can't imagine he's interested in a fuller role based on this, although of course these things can change.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Im sorry but this is stupid. I hate JJ as much as the next guy but this suggestion that we need to add a first to move him is absolute lunacy. Not just from you either. Ive seen several other suggest this mornic proposal. This isnt Hossa or Datsyuk. Hes a serviceable dman. 3-4 on his very best days, 5-6-7 on average. Sure we may not get tremendous value back but we certainly dont need to add a 1st to move him. Thats ****ing stupid and Im growing tired of seeing from representatives of this board. Get a clue. All of you.

Actually, you're right that using a 1st to jump JJ is the lunacy.

BUT, you're just as wrong in your evaluation of Johnson.

@pixiesfanyo . . . the smarter play, IF you need to give up a 1st to rid yourself of Johnson, is to buy him out.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure who suggested it first but I'd include the 2021 2nd and Jarry (who will have to clear waivers anyway) with Johnson to move him.

And I think Ottawa would take that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure who suggested it first but I'd include the 2021 2nd and Jarry (who will have to clear waivers anyway) with Johnson to move him.

And I think Ottawa would take that.

Now THAT deal . . . I'd do that one without thinking.

I'm just not sure JR will swallow his pride that much. It's not just the crap signing. It's that he went 'all in' on defending it.

Reactions: Jacob

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Actually, you're right that using a 1st to jump JJ is the lunacy.

BUT, you're just as wrong in your evaluation of Johnson.

@pixiesfanyo . . . the smarter play, IF you need to give up a 1st to rid yourself of Johnson, is to buy him out.

You dont think hes a bottom pairing dman?

Last 2 months of the season I thought he was a serviceable bottom pair dman. Overpaid bottom pair dman sure. Certainly not bad enough to add a 1st to try to move him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You dont think hes a bottom pairing dman?

Last 2 months of the season I thought he was a serviceable bottom pair dman. Overpaid bottom pair dman sure. Certainly not bad enough to add a 1st to try to move him.

To add a 1st? No.

To buyout or add a 2nd and Jarry? Yes.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Call me when our franchise buys someone out.

Exactly...people don’t understand this business is about relationships and they would never do that to someone they like as much as JJ, who they just signed last year, no matter how much he hurts them on the ice...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Call me when theres a GM ridiculous enough to conisder adding a first round draft pick to move a serviceable bottom pair dman worth 3.25.

Jesus I cant even type a reply without shaking my head at what a bad suggestion that is. Absolutely out to lunch and dinner AND dessert on that one.

Serviceable bottom pairing worth 3.25MM does not compute.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Trading Malkin or Letang and keeping Jack Johnson is so stupid I can't even allow myself to consider the possibility.

Im sorry, but your comment is literally fake news. No where in the whole f***ing article does it suggest they keep Johnson. Hes not even mentioned. Letang Malkin and Kessel are mentioned in passing.

Get a grip and cut the fake news victim bullshit.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Trading Malkin or Letang and keeping Jack Johnson is so stupid I can't even allow myself to consider the possibility.

Letang is a little different given his NTC, but it makes me laugh that people don't understand the absolute ****show that would ever come of the organization asking Malkin to waive his NTC:

1. I suspect that's a genie that you will NOT be able to put back into the bottle, because I suspect that Malkin would be permanently offended by that request. It's why smarter journalists have suggested/assumed that the Pens will never trade Malkin unless the request originates with him.

2. Malkin isn't going to give the Pens a ton of options. More like a handful. The Pens still may get an okay return, but AT BEST it will be like the Phil deal . . . you'll get a player you HOPE will come close to giving you in 2-3 years what a early 30's Malkin gives you and a later 1st you HOPE will pan out.

That said, part of me HOPES the Pens ownership and management really is this stupid . . . the fall out drama from that **** up will be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad