Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building Thread: Get your trade rumors here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, the more i think about it the more i like it.

Another benefit of the deal would be that you would be saving about 1.2 million in cap space.

He can play both wings, so he can play with Guentzel and Crosby too.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Bonino at least played with a high end determination/leave it all on the ice. Not saying Sheahan does/doesn't, but it was obvious that Bonino played that way, where it's not as obvious that Sheahan does.

There's been a few games where people have talked really glowingly of Sheahan's effort level and hustle. I missed most of them, but I did catch the Washington one, and I think it can be obvious when Sheahan is playing "leave it all" level.

Which only makes the number of games where he's happy to be a mostly cerebral player annoying.

I also think Teddy will have a chance to be a long term 4c solution.

Anyone good enough to stick as a 4C that people are happy with will go look for a 3C berth when they hit UFA, which isn't that far away for Blueger.

Reactions: Riptide

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Brassard for Ferland would be a really stupid trade for the Penguins to make unless they have acquired another 3C.

Yeah, they shouldn’t pull the trigger unless they have a plan for the 3C...but I’ve said before that I think it’s unlikely they’re going to get a direct 1-1 deal with Brass for a 3C...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The stupid part is having a guy who sucks anchor your third line when they want it to be a scoring line. Riley Sheahan is not a scoring line center

Neither is Bonino. Nor was Staal in 2009. Chicago won 3 Cups with dick at 2C never mind 3C. It’s all about depth overall.

Reactions: Riptide

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You don't trade a UFA center for a UFA winger unless the winger is appreciably better. Centers hold much more value. I like Ferland but I'm not doing that deal.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Mathieu Perreault maybe? He's played C in the past hasn't he?

Perreault would be amazing if healthy. He helps every line at ES and is a good PP2 player.

Good call. Would like that move. Feel like he could mesh with Phil. Helps Jets save $ too, so I could see why they’d do it.

Hes an ok 3c, people get too attached to term around here.

It’s not necessarily how good he is or that he’s untouchable, but I don’t think a pending UFA 31 y/o is getting him out of there given the context. Not sure Lowry can play with Kessel anyway if that’s what JR is looking for.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
You don't trade a UFA center for a UFA winger unless the winger is appreciably better. Centers hold much more value. I like Ferland but I'm not doing that deal.

Ferland is leagues better than Brassard this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad