Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: The Uncoachable & The Unmovable: The Tale of The American Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'll give it a go:

Phil/Schultz for Subban
Maatta for Miles Wood
Bjugstad/Johnson(maybe a combo deal to get rid of Johnson) for a prospect or pick
sign Hags for 2years 2mil per

Jake-Sid-McCann 15.95
Hagelin-Malkin-Horn 16.8
Wood-Blueger-Rust 7.25
Simon - Palvi - Adam J. 2.25

Dumo - Letang - 11.35
Pett - Subban - 11
Riikola - Gudbranson 4.85
Ruh .700

Murray - Desmith - 5.00

~75.15

younger, faster, more hungry, better top 4D(can shelter riik/gud). this team would have great passing ability and speed. also have the cap space and flexibility to grab someone at the deadline.

We won't need to grab anyone at the deadline. I don't think that lineup would be in playoff contention.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If they feel their hands are tied, then untie them. A bad trade is worse than a bad room.

I couldn't disagree more. Bad trade or not, you still have the ability to win. Might be a bit harder, but it's still an option. IF you have a bad room, you're just wasting your time because you won't win shit while that's an issue.

Reactions: Peat

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hagelin is way better defensively than Aston-Reese

He's faster... but Reese is very good defensively. So while Hagelin might be better, I don't think the difference is quite that significant - other than having the advantage of his speed.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He's faster... but Reese is very good defensively. So while Hagelin might be better, I don't think the difference is quite that significant - other than having the advantage of his speed.

Teams generally give up way less and generate a bit more with Hags on the ice. Reese is meh.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
At this point in time, I think Hagelin’s positives are in the same range as ZAR and Simon and they have the minimal chance of developing versus degrading

I see your point I just don’t see it that way so agree to disagree.

Anywho as I said it’s in addition and can make the team better.

*Remember Garret Wilson played 50 games. Dea, Blandisi, Grant, A.Johnson and Sprong played a total of 58 games (Bjugstad/McCann take over from Sheahan/Brassard, there’s Pearson’s games too 44).

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I don't think I want Hagelin back. Especially at the hit being tossed around.

But he's better than ZAR defensively, and a massively better skater.

How are people arguing which of the two is better?

Reactions: Empoleon8771

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Bugstaad for Roslovic. Sign Hagelin & Tanev both at 2 million. Clear up JJ & Gudbranson to sign Trouba. If Schultz bounces back we are a favorite again.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I'll give it a go:

Phil/Schultz for Subban
Maatta for Miles Wood
Bjugstad/Johnson(maybe a combo deal to get rid of Johnson) for a prospect or pick
sign Hags for 2years 2mil per

Jake-Sid-McCann 15.95
Hagelin-Malkin-Horn 16.8
Wood-Blueger-Rust 7.25
Simon - Palvi - Adam J. 2.25

Dumo - Letang - 11.35
Pett - Subban - 11
Riikola - Gudbranson 4.85
Ruh .700

Murray - Desmith - 5.00

~75.15

younger, faster, more hungry, better top 4D(can shelter riik/gud). this team would have great passing ability and speed. also have the cap space and flexibility to grab someone at the deadline.

There's no way I'm trading Kessel and Schultz for Subban.

Subban at best is worth Kessel. If the Penguins included Schultz, I'd want Jarnkrok or Smith coming back too.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If you said a word about Bonino and are advocating for Hagelin get bent.

Dude is even more streaky and is old as hell compared to what Bones was.

Guentzel, McCann, Simon and ZAR on LW is fine. Find Malkin a legit RW and cut cap on defense and we're good to go to start the season. Tweak things from there.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I’d like to add another LW, but not someone like Hags. If we are going that type of cash and term get MoJo.

I'd like to go after Zuc because he has like a 99% chance of killing it with Guentzel-Sid if not with 71.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I couldn't disagree more. Bad trade or not, you still have the ability to win. Might be a bit harder, but it's still an option. IF you have a bad room, you're just wasting your time because you won't win **** while that's an issue.
Exhibit A) pittsburgh steelers 2015-2018

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
There's no way I'm trading Kessel and Schultz for Subban.

Subban at best is worth Kessel. If the Penguins included Schultz, I'd want Jarnkrok or Smith coming back too.
Can you imagine Subban and Sid in the same room? Sid is fine with goofballs in the dressing room. I doubt he'd be fine with straight-up goofs.

Lol...not going to happen if the brass even has a modicum of respect for 87. (which they do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad