Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Silver and gold won't buy back the beat of a heart grown cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
Ihfk58k.gif

I'm sorry. You'll catch up soon enough. I got banished for saying Murray would replace MAF

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm sorry. You'll catch up soon enough. I got banished for saying Murray would replace MAF
dude I'm not disputing that Jarry is good. But he has nowhere near the trade value to be the centerpiece in an OEL deal. Nothing to do with his quality. But backup goalies with that little NHL experience simply don't have that kind of value. You're seriously the most condescending wrong person I can remember ever seeing on here; which is a hell of a feat :laugh:

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
dude I'm not disputing that Jarry is good. But he has nowhere near the trade value to be the centerpiece in an OEL deal. Nothing to do with his quality. But backup goalies with that little NHL experience simply don't have that kind of value. You're seriously the most condescending wrong person I can remember ever seeing on here; which is a hell of a feat :laugh:

All I'm saying is you're underrating him. He's playing in front of our s*** defense and putting up better numbers than Murray.

He's as good as Murray. If I put Murray in that trade somehow it would be a drastic change in value. And I'm saying it's not. It would be the same, but perception and success of two cups makes it seem that way. He's only a backup bc the guy he's behind just won two cups. But I want three

And Hornqvist (on sign/trade) and Jarry are the two centerpieces and Dumoulin is the toss in to put it over the top. Arizona needs quantity more than quality. They do a one for one Duchene for OEL. It's a horizontal move. They'll suck for 3-5 more years.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
All I'm saying is you're underrating him. He's playing in front of our s*** defense and putting up better numbers than Murray.

He's as good as Murray. If I put Murray in that trade somehow it would be a drastic change in value. And I'm saying it's not. It would be the same, but perception and success of two cups makes it seem that way. He's only a backup bc the guy he's behind just won two cups. But I want three

And Hornqvist (on sign/trade) and Jarry are the two centerpieces and Dumoulin is the toss in to put it over the top. Arizona needs quantity more than quality. They do a one for one Duchene for OEL. It's a horizontal move. They'll suck for 3-5 more years.
so you think Jarry could fetch a similar return to Murray? I'm not asking who you think is better. I'm asking if you think Jarry has the same trade value as Murray.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Pursuit of Happyness. @2:30

It doesn’t apply because they’re complaining about being driven away for thinking Murray would replace Fleury... after joining in March 2017. When that was the consensus. Now, this could be a second account but I’d bet it was the awful tone that was the problem either way. It’s not being a visionary too ahead of the times to be appreciated.

Reactions: NEPA

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I said to trade Fleury after Murray's first career start. Boy did people say i was dumb....

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I said to trade Fleury after Murray's first career start. Boy did people say i was dumb....

At some stage everyone has probably said that. Turns out we were all dumb because he left at exactly the right time. I highly doubt we’d have a 2017 cup without him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If we're dealing with Arizona I'd love to get Reider. That guy would fit our identity perfectly and probably wouldn't require an inordinate amount in return.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry currently holds more value to us. He has a lot of potential but far from a finished product and certainly not a centerpiece to any deal. We're better off keeping him as his salary is currently very very reasonable.

Reactions: NEPA

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
So this is the season we load up on tough guys I guess? Reaves, Oleksiak, Kane. Team is definatly getting away from that "just play" game.

One of these, is very much not like the other two... But if Kane is your version of "tough guys" then yes I hope we load up on guys like him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Kane then Smith I guess. If they want all this toughness then you might aswell. Perhaps Hunwick gone and Cole gone and we pick up Petrovic for even more toughness on the back end. Oleksiak-Petrovic. I just don't want us to be caught up in things after the whistle, we won because we ignored that stuff and kept playing.

They've brought in two players - one of whom is young and huge and can actually play - and to boot, still has potential for more. You seem rather put off that just because we brought in Reaves, that that is all Rutherford is looking for. I can assure you that's not the case.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
You don't need a tough guy. Which brings me to my next point. Don't smoke c***k

If Crosby and Malkin want a tough guy in the lineup, you need a tough guy. That might not be how we play in an ideal world, but if that's what it takes to keep them happy, you suck it up and deal.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
What about Sheary+Cole+2nd for Kane and then Jarry+Hag+1st for Bjugstad+2nd/3rd?

Guentzel-Sid-Horny
Kane-Malkin-Rust
Simon?-Bjugstad-Kessel
Rowney-Sheahan-Reaves

Every line has someone who can crash the net and create space. Idk if I like Simon on Lw3 but it’s decent for now.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What about Sheary+Cole+2nd for Kane and then Jarry+Hag+1st for Bjugstad+2nd/3rd?

Guentzel-Sid-Horny
Kane-Malkin-Rust
Simon?-Bjugstad-Kessel
Rowney-Sheahan-Reaves

Every line has someone who can crash the net and create space. Idk if I like Simon on Lw3 but it’s decent for now.

They are not trading Jarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad