Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster building: " PPG with a clock in its wall|Tic Toc....! We there yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
By the way, Roussel would be a decent pickup in a Maatta trade. Would fit us quite nicely and give us the right kind of "pushback"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
By the way, Roussel would be a decent pickup in a Maatta trade. Would fit us quite nicely and give us the right kind of "pushback"

I don't really think Roussel is "pushback", he's an agitator like Cooke. Roussel is a rat, he's not really someone I imagine would fit JR's idea of "pushback".

If we're talking about Maatta to Vancouver, I'd throw out Goldobin as a target for the Penguins to look at.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The coach and blueline had nothing to do with Kessel looking disinterested at best back checking, playing D or making terrible lazy passes at the blueline.

What part of that is new, exactly?

Seems to me Kessel played the same way when he was propelling us to consecutive championships. The difference is that back then we supported and insulated him then with exactly the type of players I mentioned.

When he has that, he can do his thing and be a huge net positive...he even did it this past season when Hags was on his line.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That Lindell contract makes me love Dumoulin even
more.

Lindell is a very very good player, and honestly that contract doesn't bother me in the least. He had more goals in his last 2 seasons (18 in 162 GP) then Dumoulin has had in his entire career - including POs (14 in 389 GP). And while I wouldn't trade the two because contracts do matter, I'd trade almost any other of our D, inc Schultz - and you know my opinion on how important he is if it meant getting Lindell or someone like him who's locked up.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't really think Roussel is "pushback", he's an agitator like Cooke. Roussel is a rat, he's not really someone I imagine would fit JR's idea of "pushback".

If we're talking about Maatta to Vancouver, I'd throw out Goldobin as a target for the Penguins to look at.

f*** no. He's Sprong 2.0. Someone who if producing isn't terrible but offers NOTHING when not producing. And for the most part doesn't produce at a high enough rate to overlook everything else.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What part of that is new, exactly?

Seems to me Kessel played the same way when he was propelling us to consecutive championships. The difference is that back then we supported and insulated him then with exactly the type of players I mentioned.

When he has that, he can do his thing and be a huge net positive...he even did it this past season when Hags was on his line.

At no point in 15/16 or 16/17 did he ever look as bad as he did this season.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

JR signed Downie, and Roussel may not have the same reputation, but they are somewhat similar. Looking back the JR guys like Downie, Comeau, and Hornqvist even are all some kind of gritty or "pushback" type of player. Those are the types of things we should be looking for, not defenseman with massive contracts.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I suspect I'm not the first to say this but, apart from dream returns, I don't really want to take back cap for Kessel and Maatta. I want futures, as much futures as possible, to give us trade currency for the dream additions from struggling teams and the hope of getting ridiculously successful on a pick/prospect. We don't need to add dmen after moving Maatta; the free agent market for wings is strong enough that I don't see the need to trade for one.

Reactions: Riptide

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Warriors win a few playoff games without KD and they are saying his Championships might need an * We won a whole Championship without Letang and lost one because of him and not a peep.

yah tottaly the same thing.

KD joined a 73 win team that won a championship before he joined.

The Pens without Letang are not a 73 win team with 4 all NBA players.

Reactions: TheTang58

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
yah tottaly the same thing.

KD joined a 73 win team that won a championship before he joined.

The Pens without Letang are not a 73 win team with 4 all NBA players.

KD carried them the last two times and won MVP. They win a few playoff games without him and the media is all over him. We went the whole playoffs and won a Championship without Letang and Pittsburgh media says nothing and everybody acts like he's untradeable. I've called this double standard out many times. Just imagine if we won a Super Bowl without Ben, Bell, or AB they would never hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad