Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Everybody's Building Ships and Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sid, Geno, Bozak and Sheahan would be a pretty formidable center lineup.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
On one hand, this surprises me because I would say they have similar personalities, which makes you think they'd get along well. But on the other hand, this doesn't surprise me because I would say they have similar personalities, which makes you think they'd butt heads at points.

I don't want to pay a 3C over $5 million a year. Just not a fan of Bozak long term based on what he'll probably cost.

Ah I see... Still I feel like they would be bringing him in with the intent to re-sign him, so he could potentially end up being here long term

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
From Mackey's article this morning posted by Emp:

I mentioned that they're looking to move D-Men but i mean they CAN use a Cole who's gonna be signed there 100%. And just waive a D.

Ok - thx. Just had on the radio this morning, haven't read any news.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
IF it's just those 3 i'd say Bozak, Soderberg, Eakin or Lindberg.
Some LW maybes from those 3 teams: Reilly Smith(doubtful), JVR/Komarov/Hyman(who can play either wing), Landeskog(hey we can dream...)/Andrighetto(meh)

When i just look at the rosters and where teams can pluck from easily @ C/LW it makes me think TOR.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Another name from Vegas might be Eakin.
I think the obvious 2 they'd be willing to deal atm are him and Lindberg.

Eakin opened as L1C. WIth Karlsson's emergence and the return of Huala a while ago from injury, he's now the VGK 3C (I believe Lindberg is playing RW).

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kegger's deffo the first one waived.
Only guys with Cup rings and Phil's best bud get to stay up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Is Vegas a team mentioned? Thought they had a glut of blueliners?

They do, except 4 of them are UFA's after the season and not guys I see GMGM going out of his way to extend. Wonder if one of their lesser impending UFA's come back in a Cole deal?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On one hand, this surprises me because I would say they have similar personalities, which makes you think they'd get along well. But on the other hand, this doesn't surprise me because I would say they have similar personalities, which makes you think they'd butt heads at points.

I don't want to pay a 3C over $5 million a year. Just not a fan of Bozak long term based on what he'll probably cost.

Oh, I'd pay a 3C over 5M on an extension if he were the right 3C. Fair question, of course, whether that's Bozak (probably not, especially not at 32)

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
They do, except 4 of them are UFA's after the season and not guys I see GMGM going out of his way to extend. Wonder if one of their lesser impending UFA's come back in a Cole deal?

The VGK UFA Dmen are Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb, and Engelland. We know it won't be DE, they love them some Engelland out there and you have to suppose he's easily re-signable for them. So Sbisa, Stoner, or McNabb. Murderer's row, that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid, Geno, Bozak and Sheahan would be a pretty formidable center lineup.

IF they could get the winger combos right, then it would again be a pretty formidable puck possession team, which really I think is what JR/Sully have always seen as the best approach . . . owning the puck so you don't have to play in your own zone.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Oh, I'd pay a 3C over 5M on an extension if he were the right 3C. Fair question, of course, whether that's Bozak (probably not, especially not at 32)

Bozak makes what, $4.2 million right now? Is he really looking at that much of a raise? I think they could keep him at around $4.5 million

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Looking more at the Vegas potential, I'm trying to figure out how the deal could include Eakin but still work with the cap. Eakin would be really nice because he's a very similar player to Hagelin, so if Sheahan would suddenly explode into a great 3rd line center, you can play Eakin on Malkin's LW and have it be a phenomenal match. Even if Sheahan doesn't blow up, Eakin is a legit 3C. I just don't know how the money would work.

Now if the Penguins would include Reaves in the trade and take back a defenseman, it works with the cap very well. But let's be honest, they're not going to trade Reaves. Cole and Hagelin for Eakin and Lindberg, one can dream, you know?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The VGK UFA Dmen are Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb, and Engelland. We know it won't be DE, they love them some Engelland out there and you have to suppose he's easily re-signable for them. So Sbisa, Stoner, or McNabb. Murderer's row, that.

True . . . funny thing is those three haven't been bad at all. I'm not saying it would happen, just trying to answer Jiggy's 'why Vegas if they have a ton of D' question.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bozak makes what, $4.2 million right now? Is he really looking at that much of a raise? I think they could keep him at around $4.5 million

Whatever raise he'd be looking for, I think, would depend upon how the rest of his season plays out.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Sbisa and Stoner make it difficult with the cap except if the forward is Karlsson then we could probably make it work ;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Looking more at the Vegas potential, I'm trying to figure out how the deal could include Eakin but still work with the cap. Eakin would be really nice because he's a very similar player to Hagelin, so if Sheahan would suddenly explode into a great 3rd line center, you can play Eakin on Malkin's LW and have it be a phenomenal match. Even if Sheahan doesn't blow up, Eakin is a legit 3C. I just don't know how the money would work.

Now if the Penguins would include Reaves in the trade and take back a defenseman, it works with the cap very well. But let's be honest, they're not going to trade Reaves.

I can't see them wanting Reaves, but, for the sake of argument . . .

Reaves, Cole for Eakin, McNabb @50% might work under the cap.

Not sure I'm a fan of that.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I can't see them wanting Reaves, but, for the sake of argument . . .

Reaves, Cole for Eakin, McNabb @50% might work under the cap.

Not sure I'm a fan of that.

Yeah I’d rather Bozak than any C from Vegas not named Karlsson. Happy to trade Reaves though for a more offensive 4th liner.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Whatever raise he'd be looking for, I think, would depend upon how the rest of his season plays out.

My thought is that he would play with Phil which would hopefully mean he produces well. I would like to see a Sprong call up and then run

Sheary Sid Hornqvist
Jake/Rust Malkin Sprong
Jake/Rust Bozak Kessel
Hagelin Sheahan Rowney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad