Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links in First Post | Trade Deadline 2.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
He would be. Both are possession monsters in the other teams zone and corners. Duchene is also probably playing the best hockey of his career right now.

They excelled together for team Canada and I think a guy who has the speed of Duchene would give the Pens an extra shot in the arm. Hopefully you are right because that doesn’t sound like a big price tag

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
They excelled together for team Canada and I think a guy who has the speed of Duchene would give the Pens an extra shot in the arm. Hopefully you are right because that doesn’t sound like a big price tag
Dorion usually looks for a 1st round pick/young roster player/prospects/more picks
I dont know Pittsburgh's prospects at all. Do they have any high end prospects that could be included in the trade?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If Duchene or any UFA wants to play in Pittsburgh, we can sign them for free in the summer. Team should not spend big on a UFA this deadline.
JR only signs shitty players in the summer, he would have no interest in Duchene unless he could piss away a bunch of assets.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I really don't see the Pens going after Duchene but it's hard to tell what JR will do. He obviously had a thing for Duchene in the past and I remember Canes fans said JR would chase after players he has a thing for a long time.

I really prefer JR just try to fix the defense though. I think we need someone who can move the puck and be a calming presence on that 2nd pair.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have a feeling Pittsburgh is in on Duchene. I think a deal of a 1st + Pearson/Maata + picks and prospects would get it done.
How about Dzingel? Obviously the assets required would be considerably less than Duchene. What do you suspect the cost would be?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It usually doesnt mean anything but Dallas has been scouting us non-stop since end up December. Thought it would stop after the Florida trade but its continued. What could we even trade with them? I dont see a fit.

I could see us having interest in Janmark - at least if Rutherford is still looking at a winger I'd hope that he is the guy that they're looking at. My fear is that they'd be looking at look at Nuke.

But the only thing I think they need is a #2C and help on the blueline with John's out for a while and Methott done for the year. But I'm not sure what we could give them that would be an improvement on what they already have., and we no longer have a 2c that we can afford to move.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I'd look towards the things JR has extra of:

-bottom pairing/role playing D
-C/W hybrids
-playable wingers(Pearson/Simon, etc.)
-RW'ers
-backup goaltending

Wouldn't be surprised if Phil was available on the low, tbh.
JR ain't gonna sell low if he is tho...

I think Simon is pretty much untouchable - not because he's that valuable, in the Crosby/McDavid sense but because his value to us will be a lot more than what any other team will value him at based on his potential/production. We will be a cap team next season and Simon as a 35/40pt skilled winger who can play anywhere in the top 9 while only making 750k is huge for us. I also think people need to remember that this is only his first full NHL season - and he should get better, and more importantly more consistent. No he might never be a 60pt winger, but if he can get into the 40/50pt range as a cheap depth guy, that will be huge.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pearson and a 1st and a prospect that isn’t one of the top two from last year for Duchene? Where do I sign?

Reactions: ownal

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I have to admit I hardly ever get to watch Duchene. Does he still play mostly center? Because I feel like any top six center would be super gunshy coming here at this point.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Bjugstad wasn’t a mistake. I also don’t think Pearson was a mistake because Hagelin is even worse. That said I would trade Pearson in a package for an upgrade on defense, but that’s not because he was a mistake
You’d be willing to trade our 13th best forward for a defensive upgrade? How generous.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
If we could turn Pearson, Bjugstad and our 1st into a top-4 D and top-9 LW, I’d be all in on that. I would also not be averse to including Maatta if a team that’s out of the playoffs insists on him for either of those things.

The top-9 LW should be someone who would work well on a line with Horny (some speed and skill), and the D should be an upgrade on Maatta who can skate and play with Schultz. You gain depth by adding from the top, not filling in the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad