Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | And the riot squad, they're restless, they need somewhere to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If we get Brassard does that mean Sullivan brings back HBK? Bozak, Bonino, Brassard all are B names.

Let’s get rid of Hagelin somehow but we need a H to replace him.

:laugh:
getty_shartnell.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I agree with that, my point was more so they actually have produced at ES this year, which can't be said about Sheary's most common linemates. I don't think they're great at ES, they're just better than the **** that Sheary has had to play with. Kessel and Malkin have 13 5v5 goals combined, the best of the mentioned group is 7 between Crosby and Hornqvist.

I mean, technically they have 15.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
What team would touch Hags without incentive with a 10 foot pole?

He isn't going to return anything great, but much like when we got him, his speed and defensive reputation combined with the B2B cup experience will make him valuable enough to someone.. the problem is that will get us some low pick, which is less useful than letting him try to work out scoring again

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I guess I am a lot higher on Kamenev and Girard than you are, because I think that's an excellent haul for Colorado.

You misunderstood me. That post wasn't critiquing Sakic's return - that was pretty good. That post was commenting on what Nashville gave up for Turris - and Girard, Kanenev and a late 2nd is nothing, absolutely nothing when discussing a 55/60pt 2way #2C who's 28 and was willing to sign a long term contract (and they knew this when the deal was made). Girard and Kamenev are good prospects, but they're not top prospects. In NSH, that would have been Tolvanen or Fabbro. Or one of their top young players: Fiala or Aberg. And it's their 2nd, not their 1st that they moved.
Sakic got a good return, but Poile was masterful in what he acquired and how little he gave up to do so.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If Sprong really cements himself, for me, a guy like Jake enters possible trade bait material. I know it's hard to fathom but anything is up for grabs(sans Sid, G, Phil, Murray) depending on the return...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Sprong really cements himself, for me, a guy like Jake enters possible trade bait material. I know it's hard to fathom but anything is up for grabs(sans Sid, G, Phil, Murray) depending on the return...

Trading Jake would be stupid. He can score and he's still on his ELC. No thanks to that unless someone is blowing our socks off with an offer.

Reactions: That1Kid

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Why though? His first 104 games (including playoffs) have netted 42 goals, 35 assists and 77 points. All for under $750,000 for another season.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
James Neal was traded for Patrick Hornqivist laddies.
Never say never.
Again i prefaced that with IF Sprong really shines.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
James Neal was traded for Patrick Hornqivist laddies.
Never say never.

That was a smart move though.

If you’re trading Guentzel we’d have to add Hagelin (without giving a cap dump discount) and get back a really good LW (in the mold of Landeskog) and a great 3C.

Or add Maatta/Dumo and get a massive upgrade on D (like an OEL) plus a really good LW/C.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Unless you’re trading Guentzel for someone like Barzal or Tkachuk it shouldn’t happen.

And, if you’re getting someone like OEL I’d assume Letang is out. That changes trading Dumoulin or Maatta because it’s more than upgrading one of them. It’s replacing Letang and building the D around another player.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Unless you’re trading Guentzel for someone like Barzal or Tkachuk it shouldn’t happen.

And, if you’re getting someone like OEL I’d assume Letang is out. That changes trading Dumoulin or Maatta because it’s more than upgrading one of them. It’s replacing Letang and building the D around another player.

No we’d still have Letang. My point is if we’re trading Guentzel it has to be a great deal for us or why bother.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He isn't going to return anything great, but much like when we got him, his speed and defensive reputation combined with the B2B cup experience will make him valuable enough to someone.. the problem is that will get us some low pick, which is less useful than letting him try to work out scoring again

When we got him, he was a guy who'd performed well with the Rangers who was struggling for half a season to adjust to playing in Anaheim.

He adjusted well to Pittsburgh for half a season and the playoffs before going into the crapper for the next year and a half.

Circumstances under which a team would be acquiring Hagelin now are nothing like what they were 2 years ago when the Pens acquired him.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
When we got him, he was a guy who'd performed well with the Rangers who was struggling for half a season to adjust to playing in Anaheim.

He adjusted well to Pittsburgh for half a season and the playoffs before going into the crapper for the next year and a half.

Circumstances under which a team would be acquiring Hagelin now are nothing like what they were 2 years ago when the Pens acquired him.
What if it’s the rangers acquiring him?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
No we’d still have Letang. My point is if we’re trading Guentzel it has to be a great deal for us or why bother.

I’m saying if they acquire another 1D it’s to replace Letang. I’d be shocked to see them rolling with two 1D and Sullivan would be seen passing out on the bench from the strain of managing them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’m saying if they acquire another 1D it’s to replace Letang. I’d be shocked to see them rolling with two 1D and Sullivan would be seen passing out on the bench from the strain of managing them.

We're not trading Guentzel. After Sid, Geno, Murray, and Phil, he's the least likely player in the organization to be traded.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We're not trading Guentzel. After Sid, Geno, Murray, and Phil, he's the least likely player in the organization to be traded.

I don’t doubt that? One part their opinion of him and one part the likelihood of a trade that would make sense or force them to.

I think the high chance of being traded group is fairly small, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad