Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | And the riot squad, they're restless, they need somewhere to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
See, I hate this argument. If this team was playing well I’d still want the bottom line to be overhauled. This line brings nothing to the table, it’s a liability. You are never going to get that timely goal with this line.
What makes it even worse is the fact that the third line is struggling as well.
It shouldn’t be hard to find better players than Kuhn, Rowney and Reaves. If you can’t, then the gm and every scout should be fired. Why wouldn’t you address this obvious weak spot? Hell, even try picking up some guys off of waivers if you don’t think we have any solutions in the AHL. But refusing to address this and stubbornly starting these pathetic players in every game is a terrible strategy.

At some point, winning back to back isn’t enough to justify all of the shortcomings of this team since June.

1. Its rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic if the other problems arent fixed first.

2. Fixing the other problems push better players down to the 4th line so you can fix both problems at once.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
See, I hate this argument. If this team was playing well I’d still want the bottom line to be overhauled. This line brings nothing to the table, it’s a liability. You are never going to get that timely goal with this line.
What makes it even worse is the fact that the third line is struggling as well.
It shouldn’t be hard to find better players than Kuhn, Rowney and Reaves. If you can’t, then the gm and every scout should be fired. Why wouldn’t you address this obvious weak spot? Hell, even try picking up some guys off of waivers if you don’t think we have any solutions in the AHL. But refusing to address this and stubbornly starting these pathetic players in every game is a terrible strategy.

At some point, winning back to back isn’t enough to justify all of the shortcomings of this team since June.
What generally fixes the bottom six is depth above and beyond the 4th line that pushes guys out.

2009 had guys like Satan, Sykora and Dupuis. 2016 /2017 had a trump card in Cullen, but most times it's done the depth way pushing guys down the ladder.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
1. Its rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic if the other problems arent fixed first.

2. Fixing the other problems push better players down to the 4th line so you can fix both problems at once.
1. The Pens have a lot of holes. Why wouldn’t you address the easiest issue first? Don’t tell me it takes time to find fourth line players. Why kick the can down the road as we continue to struggle? I’ll never grasp why management didn’t address this in the off season, it’s insane.

2. Fixing the problems would potentially push players down to the fourth line. However, we don’t know what these potential deals are yet. What if we have to trade several roster players? Your assumptions only work if all we trade are picks and Sprong.

I don’t trust Sully when it comes to his sweetheart fourth line that he simply refuses to adjust. JR has to get rid of these guys or they will continue to weasel their way into the lineup.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. The Pens have a lot of holes. Why wouldn’t you address the easiest issue first? Don’t tell me it takes time to find fourth line players. Why kick the can down the road as we continue to struggle? I’ll never grasp why management didn’t address this in the off season, it’s insane.

2. Fixing the problems would potentially push players down to the fourth line. However, we don’t know what these potential deals are yet. What if we have to trade several roster players? Your assumptions only work if all we trade are picks and Sprong.

I don’t trust Sully when it comes to his sweetheart fourth line that he simply refuses to adjust. JR has to get rid of these guys or they will continue to weasel their way into the lineup.

The easiest is wanting to stay home until the last minute. I firmly believe Cullen comes here at the TDL.

Players weasel themselves into the lineup due to injuries.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

1. Because fixing those issues dont matter if you cant fix the big ones

2. Its possible to fix them when you fix the big ones.

3. The problem isnt that big of one

If our top 3lines were playing well, our defense wasnt running around headless and our golaie wasnt letting in leaky goals fixing the 4th line would be a luxury issue.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad