Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
My line up is very similar but I added in Phillips, Penman, and Everett to round out the D. Spilt the import picks. One D one forward. Boomhower (U18 draft) for extra body.

Kries - Gilmour - Giroux
Busdeker - Jenkins - Coskey
Porco - Grondin - Katic
Import -Prueter - Stepien
Fuocco Boomhower

Middleton-Import
Crawford-Davis
Penman-Phillips
Everett

Cormier
Lamour

I like yours. I forgot about Boomhower. If he plays like his brother, it may be nice to have in the lineup.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
With the NHL Draft coming, any thoughts on our 99's? Is Coskey our best chance to be the one drafted? He appears to be the only player ever mentioned.

D.J. Busdeker
Hayden Davis
Cole Coskey
Brady Gilmour
Brendan Bonello
Kyle Bollers
Brock Hill
Gianluca Fuoco

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Brady Gilmour has flown under the radar of many scouts. I just cant see 26G - 21A - 47pts and not get drafted on a non playoff team. IMO he will get drafted in 6 or 7 round. Coskey late 5th.
Porco or Jenkins for todays 1 pm signing?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Busdeker is actually a late birthday player, so even as a 99 he isn't eligible until the 2018 draft.

Coskey, Gilmour, and Davis should all get NHL looks. Either that is via being drafted or camp invites I'm not sure as it will depend on the scouts view. This draft is weird, not alot of consensus on the late round picks.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Not only did Saginaw sign Porco, but word is Blade Jenkins has left the USDTP.

http://mihockeynow.com/2017/05/roster-changes-coming-for-next-years-ntdp-under-18-team/

Let the speculation begin.

Also found it interesting that they mentioned why 3 of the 4 left but didn't say why Blade left followed by "we don't comment on players leaving."

Considering USA hockey's war/rivalry with the CHL, I don't think they'd love to mention where he may possibly be ending up.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
He's an August birthday 2000 and hasn't even turned 17 yet. I doubt he has graduated high school. So college is out this season.

USHL seems like an option, but why would he pay $50,000 (the rumored amount to leave usdtp early) to play in the same league he was already in to play on a worse team. Plus if there was any interest in USHL he would have been a high phase 2 player drafted even if there was a slight possibility.

Honestly outside of Saginaw I don't see many other options. Why pay to leave the USDTP to play in any other league besides the CHL. It's the other top league in the world for NHL prospects

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
He's an August birthday 2000 and hasn't even turned 17 yet. I doubt he has graduated high school. So college is out this season.

USHL seems like an option, but why would he pay $50,000 (the rumored amount to leave usdtp early) to play in the same league he was already in to play on a worse team. Plus if there was any interest in USHL he would have been a high phase 2 player drafted even if there was a slight possibility.

Honestly outside of Saginaw I don't see many other options. Why pay to leave the USDTP to play in any other league besides the CHL. It's the other top league in the world for NHL prospects

He's OHL bound. It's the only way leaving early makes any sense...

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
You would think he is on his way to Saginaw to play with Busdeker. He and Porco are both 4th overall picks and might open the flood gates of talented prospects to play here. Wilde, Goldowski, Pastujov's and just maybe Alex Turcotte. What a club that could be in a year or 2. Nice to dream.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
You would think he is on his way to Saginaw to play with Busdeker. He and Porco are both 4th overall picks and might open the flood gates of talented prospects to play here. Wilde, Goldowski, Pastujov's and just maybe Alex Turcotte. What a club that could be in a year or 2. Nice to dream.

I'd like to see Jenkins arrive, but do you think he will be the saviour to this team with stats like he has this year? ( 5 points in 34 games) He is and will be a decent player, but I don't see him lighting it up anytime soon.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I'd like to see Jenkins arrive, but do you think he will be the saviour to this team with stats like he has this year? ( 5 points in 34 games) He is and will be a decent player, but I don't see him lighting it up anytime soon.

THANK YOU for the voice of reason. Another poster asked why he would go as a free agent to another USHL team...playing time, of which he was getting none of with the NTDP.

I will have to be sold on this kid before corronating him! :laugh:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Sometimes for some reason its just the change of scenery and playing with coaches that believe in your abilities to get the confidence back in your game. His development I hope changes when he steps into a Spirit uniform. As far as saviour who knows he will make the team better than without him.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He's joining Saginaw. It's why he wasn't drafted by another USHL club today. The NTDP contract termination fee doesn't apply.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With Jenkins signing imminent DD has done what some thought would never happen. It helps our team to try some more recruiting of players who could be still in the mix. We had an excellent draft this year but scoring up front is a major concern. The import draft gives us a shot at a skilled 99 forward and the trade route for a vet who can score. Its time to get out of cellar and use up some picks and players SC doesn't have in his plans to make the team better this year. If your wanting guys to play here from other teams we have to win more than 27 games.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Jenkins now basically on board. How long until Goldowski jumps the NCAA ship too? Management called their shot when they mentioned him by name earlier in the off season. Would be another nice add. Still not counting on Wilde. There have been less than zero signs he's heading here.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Too be fair, the leading scrorer on that team had a whooping 16 pts. So if he was getting a lot of bottom six minutes, 5 points would be about what his production should be around based on what most 3rd/4th liners contribute to their team's overall goal/point output.

Basically, it's hard to write off the kid straight away based on a stat line. Like you said, let's wait and see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad