Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Draft spots 4,24,25,27 are some excellent building blocks to help sculpt the future and we get an import draft in which the actual pick l have no idea. Its a good one. So from the draft end things look promising. Now then who shows up between Jenkins, Wilde and Goldowski?

Goaltending does Cormier comback and if so Bonello or Lamour. I would trade Cormier if the prce was right and develop Lamour and Bonello. IMO

DD and his crew need a few elite players from the young prospects and some cleaver manoeuvring on the trade front. Next year the playoffs?

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Draft spots 4,24,25,27 are some excellent building blocks to help sculpt the future and we get an import draft in which the actual pick l have no idea. Its a good one. So from the draft end things look promising. Now then who shows up between Jenkins, Wilde and Goldowski?

Goaltending does Cormier comback and if so Bonello or Lamour. I would trade Cormier if the prce was right and develop Lamour and Bonello. IMO

DD and his crew need a few elite players from the young prospects and some cleaver manoeuvring on the trade front. Next year the playoffs?

Gotta believe Cormier will be back. NJ was plenty of Goaltending depth. Blackwood, Appleby, Wedgewood, Schneider, Kinkaid.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
... Goaltending does Cormier comback and if so Bonello or Lamour. I would trade Cormier if the prce was right and develop Lamour and Bonello. IMO...

I had said earlier that if Cormier was gone, pick up a serviceable older tender for the one year and maybe move Bonello. Never did I think of Cormier coming back.

But your idea...well, let me tell you...brilliant :handclap:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I had said earlier that if Cormier was gone, pick up a serviceable older tender for the one year and maybe move Bonello. Never did I think of Cormier coming back.

But your idea...well, let me tell you...brilliant :handclap:

Cormier would be that serviceable older goalie though. You aren't going to be able to develop both Bonello AND Lamour at the same time. Pick one to be Cormier's protege next year and move the other.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I don't know Kingpin, I think that Cormier would fetch mucho if offered to a top contender. I think that he is that good of a goaltender. In fact I'd be agreeable to even sink or swim with the two youngsters for the year, if Cormier were traded for a solid forward with another year left on top of nexts.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I don't know Kingpin, I think that Cormier would fetch mucho if offered to a top contender. I think that he is that good of a goaltender. In fact I'd be agreeable to even sink or swim with the two youngsters for the year, if Cormier were traded for a solid forward with another year left on top of nexts.

Idk. I think you're over valuing Cormier a bit. If we moved him I'd expect something like a 4th and a decent forward (30/35 pt 18 yr old).

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Idk. I think you're over valuing Cormier a bit. If we moved him I'd expect something like a 4th and a decent forward (30/35 pt 18 yr old).

Last year I thought Cormier was a streaky, temperamental bum. He looked much improved and more consistent this year. Burnett managed to get Garrett Forrest and a 4th for Brent Moran last year. I'd value Cormier a bit higher and I think you're probably right in the ballpark. Market and team needs being variables that could allow DD to get a bit more out of him.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA

I'd ask for a bit more, but might accept that kind of deal if the right 18 yo was involved. It all depends when he is traded,...at seasons begining, or at trading deadline...particularly if he is playing well at that point. A contender with a need might show interest.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'd ask for a bit more, but might accept that kind of deal if the right 18 yo was involved. It all depends when he is traded,...at seasons begining, or at trading deadline...particularly if he is playing well at that point. A contender with a need might show interest.
It comes down to who else is on the market next year - there are a number of ( what I consider better) goals who will likely be available next year - supply and demand has a lot to do with his value.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It comes down to who else is on the market next year - there are a number of ( what I consider better) goals who will likely be available next year - supply and demand has a lot to do with his value.

With the available goalies next year at the top end of the supply have to be injury free and playing well no one has that knowledge. If he is hurt can't trade him or playing like >>>> and thats true with any goalie.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
With the available goalies next year at the top end of the supply have to be injury free and playing well no one has that knowledge. If he is hurt can't trade him or playing like >>>> and thats true with any goalie.

Another thing is that we'd probably get more of a return for Bonello. He'll have at least 2 more years of use.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I thoughtt Bonello played well at the end of the season but in general he had a bad year. I would rather keep Lamour with Cormier and trade Bonello if Cormier is back. Who knows if we are at the bottom at trade deadline a would trade Cormier if the price was right. Same with Middleton.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Nice to see some thread action for Saginaw. Seems like more than in the regular season. Of course, I would be excited about about some returning players and some great draft picks as well too.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Is Markus Niemelainen staying in Saginaw next season?.
He can't play in AHL ( under 20 yrs old ) so his options are Saginaw or HIFK ( FEL team)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
He can't play in AHL ( under 20 yrs old ) so his options are Saginaw or HIFK ( FEL team)

I thoughtt Nemo had a decent season, he was gaining confidence and getting involved in taking the puck to the net showing his speed in the offensive zone. It would be up to his HIFK team and Edmonton to determine where he goes. He is a big part of the defense and with him coming back to Saginaw would give him the playing time needed to develop into that 6'6 frame. His return helps make our top 4 Dman that much better.
Middleton - Davis
Nemo - Crawford OA
Phillips - Hill and drafted players from this years draft and other prospects (Wilde)

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Technically he can play in the AHL because he was on loan while playing his draft year in North America. (Think Julius Honka here). That being said, he's not ready for the AHL. I don't know how the Finish league compares to the AHL skill wise but I'd say that wouldn't be a bad option for him. He was really told to play a stay at home role this year, and his numbers reflect it. Probably needs another year to refind that offensive touch he had last year. I thought I saw someone mention that the Spirit management were counting on him being back next year?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Another thing to remember is that the OHL is implementing a U18 draft, for players that previously went i drafted and played AAA this year, in addition to their normal draft. For comparisons sake, Fuoco spent his post draft year playing AAA before being signed by us. So we should be able to get one rosterable player as well from that.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Golf question for the Golfers out there.

I was looking at the possibility of heading to Tullymore Golf Resort this Spring or Summer. I was wondering if anyone has played Tullymore and St Ives?

The plan would be three nights at the Tullymore resort with a round on Tullymore and St Ives. Then swing over to Arcadia Bluffs for a Sunday 2pm twilight round.

I've played Arcadia Bluffs about 10 years ago and want to go again this year. I'm trying to figure out a weekend getaway of sorts. I don't want to go to Gaylord. I played Forest Dunes and Black Lake and stayed at Otsego Resort and played their two courses and one of the Treetops courses.

I saw Tullymore and it looks nice.

Three night and three rounds as listed would be $500US

Any recommendations and comments would be very appreciated.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Another thing to remember is that the OHL is implementing a U18 draft, for players that previously went i drafted and played AAA this year, in addition to their normal draft. For comparisons sake, Fuoco spent his post draft year playing AAA before being signed by us. So we should be able to get one rosterable player as well from that.

Even if we get 1 and DD signs Campoli would be a nice acquisition plus Jenkins, Goldowski etc.
All those other picks Bertuzzi maybe he is from Michigan and shows up to camp?
It's going to be interesting.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Golf question for the Golfers out there.

I was looking at the possibility of heading to Tullymore Golf Resort this Spring or Summer. I was wondering if anyone has played Tullymore and St Ives?

The plan would be three nights at the Tullymore resort with a round on Tullymore and St Ives. Then swing over to Arcadia Bluffs for a Sunday 2pm twilight round.

I've played Arcadia Bluffs about 10 years ago and want to go again this year. I'm trying to figure out a weekend getaway of sorts. I don't want to go to Gaylord. I played Forest Dunes and Black Lake and stayed at Otsego Resort and played their two courses and one of the Treetops courses.

I saw Tullymore and it looks nice.

Three night and three rounds as listed would be $500US

Any recommendations and comments would be very appreciated.

You need to get up to Boyne Highlands or any of the courses in Harbor Springs or Petoskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->