Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't think you can put all the blame on the coach, most of the blame should go to Prosvetov on his brain fart.
Disagree. Wouldn’t matter who was in net, which is evident if you watched the games. It looks like the Storm are awake and clicking on all cylinders and the Spirit have one chance left to pull out a win. The last two games have not even been remotely close.

Reactions: StormWatcher

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
OUTCOACHED!!!

Different lines every game and every period. 100% Laz in panicking and trying new lines, let the players figure it out even if they have a bad shift. The players are lost at playing with new players. This is the Troy Smith way and it's not working.

Too bad.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
OUTCOACHED!!!

Different lines every game and every period. 100% Laz in panicking and trying new lines, let the players figure it out even if they have a bad shift. The players are lost at playing with new players. This is the Troy Smith way and it's not working.

Too bad.
OMG I was just thinking about the team under Smith...and its back. To allow your rookie goalie this much abuse and don't attempt to play defense of any kind speaks volumes of the players in the room...selfish and lost...

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Lines should be
Tippett McCloud Coskey
Gilmore Jenkins giroux
Perfetti Micmac budsker
Barber porco golden

Murray /bode
Webb/ogrady
Hill/Davis

I’m sorry but lemieux is not ready
These are men , us playing even lines and think perfetti is going to make something happen is embarrassing, this kid played off the top line all year ,that’s why he didn’t win rookie of year , yes he can find the back of net ,but week on board play, no speed , hurts us defensively, you can’t have 2 players in same line that don’t play d, Tippett and perfetti, we haven’t scored a meaningful goal since three games ago 2nd period
That was 5 on 5 , how does a coach keep getting out coached , quit trying to matchup

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Disagree. Wouldn’t matter who was in net, which is evident if you watched the games. It looks like the Storm are awake and clicking on all cylinders and the Spirit have one chance left to pull out a win. The last two games have not even been remotely close.

I don't disagree,

However, a few things.

Teams generally play better and with more confidence in front of their stud goalie.

and the other is that this team has not been good since his brain fart. Team has lost their composure.

Now Its not on Prosvetov alone, but hard not to argue that had he been in net this could be a completely different story. Prosvetov is a game changer in this league.

I do agree on Guelph clicking though, As much as prosvetov is a game changer, guelph has a few as well.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
When was the last meaningful goal Coskey scored 5 on 5 or on the PP? How many points does he have this series?

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
When was the last meaningful goal Coskey scored 5 on 5 or on the PP? How many points does he have this series?

Please don't go there. He has come off a broken jaw a month ago. How about we look at the Great Franchise Saviors... who all of Spiritdom were sure that would be the next great pieces of the puzzle... Jenkins, Goldowski and Wilde...what have they done at the moment?

Reactions: Finster8

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Your right has 4 points 2g 2a
Not very good , needs to pick up for sure
But he plays 200’ , hits /back checks/moves the puck , there is no one on the team that hits more than Cole Coskey and gives his body up , 3/4 of the team plays above the circles waiting for a break out and there back check is to the bench . Which at the next level doesn’t work and will never get a shot , playoff hockey is 200’ of prime time hitting and goals in front of net if you want to play at next level

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't disagree,

However, a few things.

Teams generally play better and with more confidence in front of their stud goalie.

and the other is that this team has not been good since his brain fart. Team has lost their composure.

Now Its not on Prosvetov alone, but hard not to argue that had he been in net this could be a completely different story. Prosvetov is a game changer in this league.

I do agree on Guelph clicking though, As much as prosvetov is a game changer, guelph has a few as well.
Well I watched Lennox make many excellent saves. I understand what you’re saying about confidence etc but he’s given them a chance to win. Game five was only close for as long as it was because of him. I maintain it wouldn’t matter with the way Guelph is playing, just like it wouldn’t have mattered who London had in net. Once Guelph turns it on they clearly assert that they’re the best team in the conference. Been watching hockey a long time, not in the least surprised. In fact it could be argued they underachieve a good part of the time and only play their best when they’re forced to.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Your right has 4 points 2g 2a
Not very good , needs to pick up for sure
But he plays 200’ , hits /back checks/moves the puck , there is no one on the team that hits more than Cole Coskey and gives his body up , 3/4 of the team plays above the circles waiting for a break out and there back check is to the bench . Which at the next level doesn’t work and will never get a shot , playoff hockey is 200’ of prime time hitting and goals in front of net if you want to play at next level
Oh yeah I forgot he plays 1/3 of the time that Tippett/McCloud play and what’s there stats this series and minuses

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Seems to be a reason that Mississauga lost also
Waiting for the big dogs to show and they don’t
All I know is Suzuki is eating Tippett up

Reactions: Naz

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
If Troy Smith has this line-up he'd do better than Lazary. A lot of this is on your GM.

Perfetti is working harder and playing smarter than most of the veterans on his team

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Well I watched Lennox make many excellent saves. I understand what you’re saying about confidence etc but he’s given them a chance to win. Game five was only close for as long as it was because of him. I maintain it wouldn’t matter with the way Guelph is playing, just like it wouldn’t have mattered who London had in net. Once Guelph turns it on they clearly assert that they’re the best team in the conference. Been watching hockey a long time, not in the least surprised. In fact it could be argued they underachieve a good part of the time and only play their best when they’re forced to.

For sure, I don't want to take anything away from Lennox. He's a goalie I have watched for a few years and is already showing signs of being an elite level OHL goalie.

I just think it can be a bit deflating watching the guy who's been your backbone do something stupid and get booted from the series.

Again though, 100% right about Guelph. Not trying to take anything away from them either.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
For sure, I don't want to take anything away from Lennox. He's a goalie I have watched for a few years and is already showing signs of being an elite level OHL goalie.

I just think it can be a bit deflating watching the guy who's been your backbone do something stupid and get booted from the series.

Again though, 100% right about Guelph. Not trying to take anything away from them either.

100% BS! and I mean that 100% not against you and your post. If I were playing for the Spirit I would want to prove it was not because of him that we are at this point. I would have thought the team would have banded around that way of thinking...I'm wrong.

Reactions: SebJHockey

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Looks scary. If your starting goalie was in net it could be totally different series. Could of been over by now and Saginaw could advance. Maybe this suspension teaches him a lesson to stop being a bone head. Or maybe not he is a bit of an odd duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad