Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsdad

Dec 1, 2014
Grand Rapids
Looks scary. If your starting goalie was in net it could be totally different series. Could of been over by now and Saginaw could advance. Maybe this suspension teaches him a lesson to stop being a bone head. Or maybe not he is a bit of an odd duck.
Um..in the three games we have lost without Prosvetov, the Spirit team has scored 3 goals...total. So, unless our goalie was also shooting on net, I don't think the series would be different at all. By the way, Lennox has earned a star in two of the four games he has started, both losses.

Last edited:

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Saginaw has to generate more than 19 shots on Popovich. He is prone to giving up easy goals, park somebody in front of the net and blast away.

You have to get a lead tomorrow and put doubt in the Storm. They will stay in their comfort zone if you don't cause them to stray.

Good luck.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Look at it this way now if they meet Ottawa in the OHL final they will have Murray back and only 1 more game to sit on the goalies suspension. If they had taken Guelph out 4-1 they would have had to play Ottawa down 2 bodies for the first 2-3 games of the Final?

It’s just “Suspension Management” quite clever actually?:naughty::naughty: Hmm......... Good Luck nothing like an “all in” Game Seven!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Look at it this way now if they meet Ottawa in the OHL final they will have Murray back and only 1 more game to sit on the goalies suspension. If they had taken Guelph out 4-1 they would have had to play Ottawa down 2 bodies for the first 2-3 games of the Final?

It’s just “Suspension Management” quite clever actually?:naughty::naughty: Hmm......... Good Luck nothing like an “all in” Game Seven!
I thought Murray was back tonight - am I just not good at math?:)

Edit - OHL "media notes" has him returning tonight.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Nope your Mathematics are bang on. My point I was trying to make somewhat light hearted was that if they had taken Guelph out 4-1 they would still be missing Murray for the first two games of the OHL Final. Now they will have him back........ assuming they can flick the switch back on. LOL, Guelph are for sure the Cardiac Kids of the 2019 playoffs! No real skin in it (Guelph already crushed the Knights dreams) but I don’t think (?) Saginaw has been to an OHL Final so I’m still rooting for them.

Reactions: ohloutsider

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With Murray back will help tremendously but we still have to score. Lazary has last change so time for him to make sure Giroux-McLeod-Busdeker are playing against their top line.
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett/Coskey
Porco-Jenkins-Coskey/Tippett
As far as Coskey anybody after receiving a broken jaw will take some time to get to his regular game. He has always flew under the radar in Saginaw and does more than just score goals. There are a few guys that have to step it up if we are going to beat Guelph. Lennex has played well and the guys owe it to him to give all they can and if you lose, you lost to a better team. Leave it all on the ice and we need to get the intensity back. Go Spirit!!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Well it was a fun ride. Can win if you don't score so for everyone out their having fun with themselves with their schadenfreude, I'd pump the brakes. Guelph's a really good team and honestly the best team in the west when all their cylinders are pumping.

Lots to build on. Take another crack at it next season.

Reactions: dirty12

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Well it was a fun ride. Can win if you don't score so for everyone out their having fun with themselves with their schadenfreude, I'd pump the brakes. Guelph's a really good team and honestly the best team in the west when all their cylinders are pumping.

You have to say Thank you to
Ivan Prosvetov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: TheCoach

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

You folks have a gem in Lennox - the future looks bright in Saginaw. Good game.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Spirit had a great season . There's 19 teams who would love to start next season with guys like Lennox, Perfetti, etc .

Got a great programme going forward.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Great year for the team, Saginaw is on the map now and have a good nucleus back for next year. Lazary had a fantastic first year and I think we found our goalie for next year. I could get some flack for saying this but Ivan I hope you never let your teammates down like that again. Learn you have all the talent but you have to respect the game.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Good run Spirit. Not going to rub any salt in the wound. Great season and see you all next year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
With Saginaw’s firepower, I am shocked they were held in check the last few games. However, a very solid foundation is in place.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Just wanted to pass along my respect to you guys and the Spirit. I didn't see the Spirit too much this season (being in the east) but of the few times I saw them, I was impressed. The Spirit were a really fun team to watch, and I'm looking forward to seeing them when they visit the east again next season!

DavelPatsyuk

Feb 26, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Joe Monette was right all along apparently.

Nah. You guys were very quick to rub in how deep your team was, how it was fantastic. When you needed it it dried up faster than a puddle in the sun. Vulnerable defensive systems finally cost you guys.

I got beat up for saying you were vulnerable defensively, inexperienced and riding a ticking time bomb in net (even if Lennox was almost no part of why you lost). Good to see I was right.

Enjoy the division banner. It’s unfortunate it’s all you guys got out of it.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Nah. You guys were very quick to rub in how deep your team was, how it was fantastic. When you needed it it dried up faster than a puddle in the sun. Vulnerable defensive systems finally cost you guys.

I got beat up for saying you were vulnerable defensively, inexperienced and riding a ticking time bomb in net (even if Lennox was almost no part of why you lost). Good to see I was right.

Enjoy the division banner. It’s unfortunate it’s all you guys got out of it.

I will speak to you as an adult, Davel... the better team won...you are a genius in predicting the downfall of the Spirit. Now go to bed and be happy.... cookies and milk tonight, and no school tomorrow.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Still think goodbye nucleus to build around. Not sure what 3 overagers they decide on but they should compete well next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad