Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If that video is what Prosvetov did that has London fans so riled up

Personally I don’t see it as a big deal myself. It’s a little embarrassing I think if I was his coach I would say “hey enough of the BS you played a good game just be a little more mature back there”?

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Kitchener beats Guelph and SSM loses to Windsor in OT. THANKS FOR THE HELP. Guelph can't catch us and SSM we have a game in hand and 3pts ahead.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Not sure if you actually saw what happened or not... this goes beyond the typical "yapping" that people like to complain about. The only Knight I can recall that behaved close to this in recent memory was Jordan Shine and I wasn't a fan of his antics either. The only visiting player I can recall acting close to this was Chanse Fitzpatrick from Sudbury in 2003.
Actually I did see it. Ya it was silly and a little out of line but have to put it into perspective. Saginaw has probably never won that big of game in London for like forever so they had some self induced pressure I'm sure. Young Russian kid was ready to explode with a win and he had no idea how silly he looked. Probably regrets it now. I remember a player throwing a helmet from the bench at a player on the ice. It also looked silly and I'm sure he regrets that as well. Kids/young men sometimes make a mistake. Like PP said - there is another game on the schedule deal with it there.

twinsdad

Dec 1, 2014
Grand Rapids
I was at the game last night. I cannot excuse whatever Ivan might have said. He did get an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty with 45 seconds to go, for what it is worth, on the scoresheet.

However, this really started to go downhill when Cole Perfetti scored the empty netter. Actually, a little before that even. Knights #80 (Alex Formenton) was looking to layout somebody whenever he didn't have the puck. As the puck was going into the net, he had enough and shoved a Spirit Player (I cannot recall who) while he and others were raising their arms in celebration. So he got the gate after the puck went in for roughing. This is all with 2:14 second left.

Play started with the Spirit on the power play. They advanced the puck, got down low, took a shot that was blocked, and bodies starting getting shoved around. This lead to 4 players (2 from each side) going into the box and Knights #16 (Kevin Hancock) sent to the locker room with 1:38 seconds left (game misconduct). So within 36 seconds, we got 5 guys in their respective penalty boxes.

At that point, I believe the Spirit did the right thing and just not advance the puck. Take a knee, run the clock out, whatever, because it did not look like anyone was playing hockey anymore.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
While it was a little juvenile, I got a laugh out of Ivan's Chicken Dance. I had no problem with the way the Spirit ran out the clock. Probably the safest route that game could go at that point.

Quite the game for Perfetti, he's going to be a beast in this league. Looking forward to the rematch...

Reactions: three dog night

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Noticed that Brock Hill is on the Spirit roster. He is a big defensive kind of player who has 4 games this season and the last was the end of November. He has been playing with the Aurora Tigers and has GP-40 G-2 A-12 P-14 PM-122 at 6'3 205 he could be a perfect playoff D. Adding strength to the team and more bodies won't hurt.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Personally I don’t see it as a big deal myself. It’s a little embarrassing I think if I was his coach I would say “hey enough of the BS you played a good game just be a little more mature back there”?

Exactly. The dude shuffled around the goal line side to side with his arms out to prevent forecheckers from attacking the guy running out the clock. Not like he was dancing. From the initial board reaction you would have thought he chased Stranges to the blue line and did a breakdance in the crease.

I'm sure the guys got a laugh out of it and the coach with tell him not to do it next time. No harm done. Id take that over guys taking runs at players all day long

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

This is where their age shows he will learn he kinda looked silly just a part of development for a hockey player! I think there will be to much on the line (Conference Championship and Home Ice) our next game and should keep them all focussed on the task.

Cheers and Good Luck in the playoffs unless of course you play our beloved Knights in which case we will agree both teams are awesome!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Finster thanks for the great posts in the Knights Thread. I try and participate in all teams threads as well and sometimes get told to bugger off, never understood this mentality. However some posters I guess do kind of ask for it! Lol

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Noticed that Brock Hill is on the Spirit roster. He is a big defensive kind of player who has 4 games this season and the last was the end of November. He has been playing with the Aurora Tigers and has GP-40 G-2 A-12 P-14 PM-122 at 6'3 205 he could be a perfect playoff D. Adding strength to the team and more bodies won't hurt.

His toughness will be welcomed tomorrow against Sarnia. I'm sure him and Coskey are good buddies being from Chicagoland, so I'm sure he will have something to say about his pal getting his jaw broken in two.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Prosvetov is a real character when the spirit beat the hounds last game the score was 5-1 with a couple of minutes left , the hounds scored to make it 5-2 he went biserk tried smashing his stick across the crossbar only to fail that attempt then 20-30 seconds later hounds scored again to make it 5-3 this time he successfully smashed his stick over the cross bar and then started to kick the ice I sit behind visiting teams net and everyone around us could not believe his actions could be Saginaw down fall if you score a couple of goals on him quick he might just loose his focus can’t wait for next game against you guys should be a good one and oh ya nice to see Baber getting a chance finally to show his worth

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
His toughness will be welcomed tomorrow against Sarnia. I'm sure him and Coskey are good buddies being from Chicagoland, so I'm sure he will have something to say about his pal getting his jaw broken in two.
Can’t imagine either team risking suspensions going into playoffs by playing “seek and destroy” on Tuesday.
Could be a very interesting game though, since these two teams project to be first round opponents.
Looking forward to seeing my Saginaw/Midland buddies at the game.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Can’t imagine either team risking suspensions going into playoffs by playing “seek and destroy” on Tuesday.
Could be a very interesting game though, since these two teams project to be first round opponents.
Looking forward to seeing my Saginaw/Midland buddies at the game.

It was a dirty hit and this is hockey. Seek and destroy no, but definitely one where someone on Sarnia has to awnser the bell before things get to out of hand. Murray is at his fight limit and Webb looks to be taking a precautionary injury break. So best solution is two dudes square up and squash the beef before potential playoff matchup that could get out of hand.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It was a dirty hit and this is hockey. Seek and destroy no, but definitely one where someone on Sarnia has to awnser the bell before things get to out of hand. Murray is at his fight limit and Webb looks to be taking a precautionary injury break. So best solution is two dudes square up and squash the beef before potential playoff matchup that could get out of hand.

Agree 100%, no use injuring the opponents or seeking an eye for an eye. Address the problem and move on. Well said bcspragu

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
One game at a time, these 2pts put us 2pts behind London with 3 games to go after tonight. Sarnia beat us 7-6 or so last meeting. Lazary has to get the boys pumped every game it's that important this time of year. Love to see Hill back.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
hounds fan here, you guys are IMO the team to beat in the west this year. I don't think the hounds will catch you guys for the division, I would be nice if you guys caught London and passed them to claim the conference.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
I like our seating at 2 ,don’t think anyone wants to face Guelph ,they have been missing 4 top players for sometime and they are almost healthy for playoff time,going to be exciting

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Question, do you guys go for the first seed in the conference our start resting guys for the playoff run.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
hounds fan here, you guys are IMO the team to beat in the west this year. I don't think the hounds will catch you guys for the division, I would be nice if you guys caught London and passed them to claim the conference.
Saginaw is definitely, the team to beat in the west!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I like our seating at 2 ,don’t think anyone wants to face Guelph ,they have been missing 4 top players for sometime and they are almost healthy for playoff time,going to be exciting

Yeah it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to take care of business tonight, wrap up the division and then if we happen to drop the game against London, oh well. I'd rather stay at 2. When Guelph finally gets healthy, they've be the hardest out of the other top 3.

Reactions: Attackfan72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad