Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Drinkell not playing any games. Good luck to Aiden. They're getting a great player.

I would argue we have the best forward group in the west now and London has the best defensive group. Now if the Soo could kindly ship Frost off to Ottawa...

Good deal. Two 2nds, two 3rds and two 7ths.....

Dumpnchase17

Dec 13, 2017
Drinknall is all in. Lets see if we can make Tippett productive and happy to be here. Now lets play with some lines.

Reactions: Finster8

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Spirit making some nice moves. Starting to look like they could be a powerhouse in the west, down the stretch!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
McLeod,Tippett,Michnac have played together already or do you spread them out?
Lazary has to figure out his options. Plenty of time to see how they fit in and with who. I'd keep McLeod and Tippett together with Michnac on the LW.

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
Spirit making some nice moves. Starting to look like they could be a powerhouse in the west, down the stretch!
Dont like the Tippett deal. You guys way over paid. You have to think he didn't make the Canadian Junior Team last year because because the coach, who was later promoted to the NHL didn't like his game. Nada this year with the World Juniors. Sent back by Florida because he has to learn the NHL game, has he? Tippett is a one dimensional hockey player in my view and you cannot exceed in today's NHL with such a profile. Therefore it should be Saginaw's mission to help the kid develop as a 200 foot player rather than simply use the kid for scoring.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Dont like the Tippett deal. You guys way over paid. You have to think he didn't make the Canadian Junior Team last year because because the coach, who was later promoted to the NHL didn't like his game. Nada this year with the World Juniors. Sent back by Florida because he has to learn the NHL game, has he? Tippett is a one dimensional hockey player in my view and you cannot exceed in today's NHL with such a profile. Therefore it should be Saginaw's mission to help the kid develop as a 200 foot player rather than simply use the kid for scoring.

Oh my. He didn't make Canada's WJC team at 18 or the NHL by 19? My word what a bust. Guess we're just going to have to settle for the goals then.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Cost was cheap in comparison to years there was a sellers market. Tippett was on the ice for Canada on PP & on the shift prior to Fins tying goal late 3rd.
Saginaw got one of the best players available

Last edited:

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Thinking I may have to go to my first Spirit game in a couple weeks when my wife and I stay in Frankenmuth for the weekend. Always wanted to make it up but haven’t had the chance till now. What’s up with the ticket buying process on the website. Just pick a section and they’ll randomly place ya...a bit ridiculous. Even in the dumpster fire in Flint I can pick my seat in a section hahaha

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Thinking I may have to go to my first Spirit game in a couple weeks when my wife and I stay in Frankenmuth for the weekend. Always wanted to make it up but haven’t had the chance till now. What’s up with the ticket buying process on the website. Just pick a section and they’ll randomly place ya...a bit ridiculous. Even in the dumpster fire in Flint I can pick my seat in a section hahaha

You can pick ticket locations on ticketmaster if you want to order them off of there. Spirit site has less fees. Or call the spirit store office and they will get you hooked up where ever you want to sit

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
5-2 win over Kitchener and our 2 new guys with 2 pts each. Sudbury will give us a good game today. Lazary has proved he can motivate the team and are 9-0-1 in the last 10 games. If Everett comes back strengthens the D.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
5-2 win over Kitchener and our 2 new guys with 2 pts each. Sudbury will give us a good game today. Lazary has proved he can motivate the team and are 9-0-1 in the last 10 games. If Everett comes back strengthens the D.
Sudbury will be easy picking today. Losers of the last 6 and still remain without their goaltending star. They just haven’t played well since going into the break. I suspect a blowout and Tippet scoring a hattrick!

WJ

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
What a game and what a crowd!!! Both were impressive.

What's everyone's thoughts on the lines. Yes, they will be changed and played around with many times, but I did like what I seen for the most part.

Michnac, McLeod and Coskey looked great. I wouldn't change that at all. They should get a ton of goals.

Jenkins, Tippett and Perfetti seemed out of place. I don't think Jenkins and Tippett will match up. Perfetti seemed like he was getting better as game went on, and what a person to learn from in Tippett. The second period Gilmour played Center and I thought they created more chances and looked more comfortable with that line.

Giroux, Gilmour and Porco line created some chances. But Porco needs to be told to play as a line and it's not a solo effort. Again, I liked that line better with Jenkins along the side of Giroux.

Busdeker, Goldoski and Katic are pure grinders . The more they bump and grind the better they are. Hope they stay on the fourth together.

Defence all played well. Wilde will need to also not to try too much. Talented player will be pro next year but he needs to chose his rushes a bit better.

All in all, very exciting times in Saginaw.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Prosvetov saved our bacon tonight. Came up huge. Gonna have these types of games until lines are finalized and guys get a chance to gel. The important part is we got the two points with the Soo and Guelph both losing today.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Prosvetov saved our bacon tonight. Came up huge. Gonna have these types of games until lines are finalized and guys get a chance to gel. The important part is we got the two points with the Soo and Guelph both losing today.
Run with that one. I’ve been watching hockey for many a decade (despite my youthful appearance) and I may have never seen a team so underserving of a win and so badly outplayed. With a “stacked” lineup to boot. Props to Prosvetov, reminded me of what Ukko can do for us but even we never won a game this year in which we were so badly outplayed. At home too. The East better watch out if the Wolves can bring it like this with Ukko and hopefully some goal scoring help. May have been their best game of the season without the result. Funny game this is as we looked like a junior B team last night. Might take time to gel but obviously Spirit are going to want to avoid those kind of performances going forward. Good luck in the West and to our northern players.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Michnac-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Jenkins-Giroux
Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski Baber

That is 4 solid lines there. How many cards are left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad