Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Don't you guys play Sarnia 6-8 times a year? I've seen Ruzicka brought up a couple times. I've seen him play 20+ times and I would want NO part of that. Go back and read the Sarnia posts from last playoffs about him. They're not wrong. He currently has the worst +/- on Sarnia. I also wouldn't brush over the fact he has ZERO career playoff goals and only 5 assists in 16 playoff games. His play at the WJC hasn't changed my opinion about him either.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Troy Smith has taken an assistant coaching job with the Humboldt Broncos, good luck.

Wow. Let's see how long he is at this job. Let me tell ya, it will be less than a year. Hopefully people see quickly how he talks and treats his players.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
he will alienate the kids and rip there confidence away in a heartbeat. How he remains a coach is beyond my imagination.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Porco was out of the lineup because of illness. Didn't really need him tonight but at least it wasn't a "healthy scratch" that's seen this time of year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Don't you guys play Sarnia 6-8 times a year? I've seen Ruzicka brought up a couple times. I've seen him play 20+ times and I would want NO part of that. Go back and read the Sarnia posts from last playoffs about him. They're not wrong. He currently has the worst +/- on Sarnia. I also wouldn't brush over the fact he has ZERO career playoff goals and only 5 assists in 16 playoff games. His play at the WJC hasn't changed my opinion about him either.

Instead of Michnac and a 2nd to Sarnia for Ruzicka, send him and the 2nd to Kitchener for Hugg.

Reactions: Finster8

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Don't get me wrong...I like Michnac as a player, but who else wants him....he's an OA, done at the end of the year, and isn't lighting it up enough to be attractive to a playoff contender. Keep him and hope he gets hot!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Don't get me wrong...I like Michnac as a player, but who else wants him....he's an OA, done at the end of the year, and isn't lighting it up enough to be attractive to a playoff contender. Keep him and hope he gets hot!

What is better?

A)Your team with Michmac and then having to go all in for a graduating rental player or

B) your team with Hugg and an open OA spot where you can bring in a high end OA that wouldn't cost near as much as the high end rental.

Plan B likely improves your team as much as Plan A but does so at less of a cost. That means you'll have more assets with which to buy going into next year when you go all in.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Happy Holidays Spirit Fans!!

Here is my Christmas wish!!

McLeod - Vilardi - Coskey
Jenkins - Gilmour - Entwistle
Perfetti - Giroux - Porco
Busdeker - Babar - Michnac

Murray – Wilde
Davis – Webb
O’Grady – Millman
Lemieux – Penman

Prosvetov
Lennox

As said on Christmas Day....this may happen as rumours are out there.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
Its beyond me why the coaching staff didn't start Lennox in the game vs Flint. After posting his first OHL shutout the game before they should have continued to build his confidence.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Duncan Penman has posted on Twitter his thanks to the Spirit organization and he's looking forward to joining Missy. (Sorry, I don't know how to copy his post on here.)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Duncan Penman has posted on Twitter his thanks to the Spirit organization and he's looking forward to joining Missy. (Sorry, I don't know how to copy his post on here.)
It's ok since his account was just suspended. Poor kid exercised bad judgement it seems posting that tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad