Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Michnac-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Jenkins-Giroux
Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski Baber

That is 4 solid lines there. How many cards are left?

Some reporter on twitter speculated 5 but that seems to high. Would assume maybe 3 tops which one would be used for Everett after his conditioning improves.

As for the game last night team just needs to gel a bit. Were trying to many fancy plays last night which got them into trouble. Give Tippett and McLeod a practice with the team and see what happens. Prosvetov was amazing. He is alreadyt probably the most acrobatic goalie I have ever seen, which is all well and good but his positioning usually suffers a tad. Not last night. He made proper butterfly saves and still went all out with his spits saves and the whole works. Absolute treat to watch.

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Michnac-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Jenkins-Giroux

That is 4 solid lines there. How many cards are left?

I like those lines, except I don't think Michnac will remain on first line.

I'd like to see:

Jenkins-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Giroux- Michnac

Reactions: Dumpnchase17

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Kartwheels, until I looked at your post history I thought you were Ivan Prosvetov's burner account or a parody account. Im slightly disappointed

Kartwheels

Sep 17, 2018
Kartwheels, until I looked at your post history I thought you were Ivan Prosvetov's burner account or a parody account. Im slightly disappointed
Sorry bcspragu if in some way i ruffled your feathers. i was just noticing the fact Saginaw is built for a long run. but you may be in trouble if your #1 goalie goes down for any reason, your backup is a good goalie but at 16 is he ready for a run. Ottawa has three goalies ready. i was just agreeing with the post i repost.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Sorry bcspragu if in some way i ruffled your feathers. i was just noticing the fact Saginaw is built for a long run. but you may be in trouble if your #1 goalie goes down for any reason, your backup is a good goalie but at 16 is he ready for a run. Ottawa has three goalies ready. i was just agreeing with the post i repost.

No not at all! Sorry if it came across that way. Got a laugh out of your name. No feathers ruffled at all. I doubt Saginaw makes a deal for a goalie. I think they ride Lennox as a #2 and Masternak as a #3

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Drinkill has one foot in, will he put the other foot in and compete for a championship? Some strong team out there now. Guelph, London, Niagara and Ottawa

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Drinkill has one foot in, will he put the other foot in and compete for a championship? Some strong team out there now. Guelph, London, Niagara and Ottawa

There's no need for him to make a panic move just because some other deals have gone down. Still think we are good as is right now.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rumours of Strome and Landry going to Saginaw according to OHLinsiders.

I'm not revealing my source, but from what I understand, as of yesterday early morning, Strome has vetoed trades to Saginaw and the Soo.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'm not revealing my source, but from what I understand, as of yesterday early morning, Strome has vetoed trades to Saginaw and the Soo.

Not as big of loss for us but man does that have to sting for the Soo considering the additions they've missed out on in the last 24 hours or so.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not as big of loss for us but man does that have to sting for the Soo considering the additions they've missed out on in the last 24 hours or so.

Yup. But that was as of yesterday morning. The two teams he wanted to go to have already bought large and may be done.

We'll see if has a change of heart. Whether he wants to go to a contender if just end the career in Hamilton.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Seems like our goaltending is solid. Prosvetov is playing well now that his consistency is better the numbers start getting better. GP-31 W-21 L-6 3.00GAA .904save% and league leading 3 SO. Since the arrival of Murray the D has played better. Getting Davis O'Grady back from IR didn't hurt either. Everett should be brought along according to his best being able to help in the playoffs.

Reactions: Attackfan72

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Seems like our goaltending is solid. Prosvetov is playing well now that his consistency is better the numbers start getting better. GP-31 W-21 L-6 3.00GAA .904save% and league leading 3 SO. Since the arrival of Murray the D has played better. Getting Davis O'Grady back from IR didn't hurt either. Everett should be brought along according to his best being able to help in the playoffs.
That goalie put on some clinic in Owen Sound not long ago! It was unreal!

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I got a weird feeling that Saginaw is not only on the verge of 1 huge move, but TWO!

Just a gut feeling.

We will see.

Would love to see Saginaw go deep.

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I got a weird feeling that Saginaw is not only on the verge of 1 huge move, but TWO!

Just a gut feeling.

We will see.

Would love to see Saginaw go deep.

I agree, I think you will see at least one big move, and I am thinking Porco.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We only have a couple of hours left if we decide to make a move. I hope it doesn't involve Porco. We need talent for next year.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw only went half in, but should be good enough to go deep into second round and hope for an upset to advance to third round.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Glad we stayed put and go with what we have. A great combination of youth and vets with as good a chance as any. Lazary keep on doing the same thing it is working. Everett is like getting a D thru trade when he is back. It all comes down to chemistry and how they gel as a team.

Reactions: Kingpin794

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Glad we stayed put and go with what we have. A great combination of youth and vets with as good a chance as any. Lazary keep on doing the same thing it is working. Everett is like getting a D thru trade when he is back. It all comes down to chemistry and how they gel as a team.

I can agree to that. Laz will keep trying and playing with the lines to find that chemistry. Any thoughts on lines or thoughts on what is working now that the team roster is complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->