Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Glad we stayed put and go with what we have. A great combination of youth and vets with as good a chance as any. Lazary keep on doing the same thing it is working. Everett is like getting a D thru trade when he is back. It all comes down to chemistry and how they gel as a team.

Exactly. Sometimes it's better to add a few pieces and not mess too much with good chemistry than to add every player on the block for the sake of having an all star team.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I don't think you're going to find a lot of people that call adding McLeod, Tippett and Murray as "half in".

Oh I think in a few months you will here Ottawa, London, Niagara and Guelph say it. But again, its exciting times and I look forward to supporting one of the best Saginaw teams in the teams history.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I can agree to that. Laz will keep trying and playing with the lines to find that chemistry. Any thoughts on lines or thoughts on what is working now that the team roster is complete

My personal choice would be keep Coskey with McLeod and find who works with them (Michnac first choice or Gilmour) . Play Jenkins with Perfetti and Tippett as Tippett needs playmakers to feed him and might as well give him our best 2 not named McLeod.

Giroux-Gilmour-Porco is a 3rd line with enough defense and scoring to do damage

Out work the other team and lean on em with a 4rd line of Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski. Sub in Baber if you need some extra offense and less physical play.

On D when Everett comes back ease him in with someone like OGrady. When hes fully good to go I'd throw him in with Wilde and let him cover Wilde's wild side. Sub in Millman for someone like Davis if you need the extra punch on O.

With that being said, did anyone see Wilde last night when he scored? Started down Mutter like Baker Mayfield staring down Hue Jackson. Loved it. Props to the arena crew playing Wild Thing when he scored too. First time I noticed that.

As for trades today. Glad we didn't get Strome. He absolutely floated around the ice last night. It was embarrassing to watch.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
My personal choice would be keep Coskey with McLeod and find who works with them (Michnac first choice or Gilmour) . Play Jenkins with Perfetti and Tippett as Tippett needs playmakers to feed him and might as well give him our best 2 not named McLeod.

Giroux-Gilmour-Porco is a 3rd line with enough defense and scoring to do damage

Out work the other team and lean on em with a 4rd line of Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski. Sub in Baber if you need some extra offense and less physical play.

On D when Everett comes back ease him in with someone like OGrady. When hes fully good to go I'd throw him in with Wilde and let him cover Wilde's wild side. Sub in Millman for someone like Davis if you need the extra punch on O.

With that being said, did anyone see Wilde last night when he scored? Started down Mutter like Baker Mayfield staring down Hue Jackson. Loved it. Props to the arena crew playing Wild Thing when he scored too. First time I noticed that.

As for trades today. Glad we didn't get Strome. He absolutely floated around the ice last night. It was embarrassing to watch.

Lines should be
Gilmore Mccloud coskey
Jenkins giroux Tippett
Perfitti buds porco
Micmac katic bamber golden

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Michnac-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Jenkins-Giroux
Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski Baber

Murray-Wilde
Webb-Everett
O'Grady-Davis/Millman

Prosvetov-Lennox Key now is to listen to Lazary and perfect the PP PK get used to the systems and give 100% every night. DD you gave us a chance to make things happen.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Michnac-McLeod-Coskey
Perfetti-Gilmour-Tippett
Porco-Jenkins-Giroux
Katic-Busdeker-Goldowski Baber

Murray-Wilde
Webb-Everett
O'Grady-Davis/Millman

Prosvetov-Lennox Key now is to listen to Lazary and perfect the PP PK get used to the systems and give 100% every night. DD you gave us a chance to make things happen.

We can’t have a 02 on top line and expect to win against deep teams , he struggles with speed
Against the boards and defense play , he is great once we settle in the offensive zone , going to be a great player but now is the time for him to sit back and watch and 3rd line in pretty good

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
We needed 1 more lw or true center and I think we would of had a chance to win everything
Next year there will not be enough top end scores on our team too go deep , the top 5 guys on Saginaw scoring will be gone next year this was a big mistake not too go all in , perfeetti will be great once he gets stronger and needs to work on speed , but the rest of the players are 1 dimensional and that just doesn’t cut it for the future

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
You also can’t have a center with 8 games in a row without an assist (Jenkins ) he is a better winger
Move him to left wing on 2nd line and he will do well , I also think we need to move coskey out of front of net on pp and to high slot , I understand Tippett took his spot on pp , but coskey moves the puck way more and finds imooen player, Tippett shoots every chance he gets (which is great ) but to win championships you need to sometimes look to move the puck

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
We will get a good taste tonight , one of the best defensive teams in the league and not too bad on front end , too many teams have loaded up
And from the line ups last night I didn’t see any rookies on top 2 lines , it’s a proven fact the older team always wins championships in this league

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We will get a good taste tonight , one of the best defensive teams in the league and not too bad on front end , too many teams have loaded up
And from the line ups last night I didn’t see any rookies on top 2 lines , it’s a proven fact the older team always wins championships in this league

2019, the coaching staff determines the lines. What I say means nothing and to say we needed another LW or C might be true however, the picks would be gone for next year. This team is well coached and if we can stay healthy will determine our lineups. 3-98, 8-99, 6-00 is a balanced attack of veteran players. Leaves Perfetti, Porco, Millman-, Babar and Lennox some good talent in that group.

Reactions: dirty12

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
cross your fingers that Prosvetov stays healthy

I get where you are coming from, but not like Lennox is a slouch. Hes up there for best 2002 goalie in Canada and has better numbers than Ivan even though he has less games played. Wouldnt be the championship season we are hoping for but NO backup is going to do that.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
I get where you are coming from, but not like Lennox is a slouch. Hes up there for best 2002 goalie in Canada and has better numbers than Ivan even though he has less games played. Wouldnt be the championship season we are hoping for but NO backup is going to do that.

No doubt he is a good goalie, I've watched him play numerous times throughout his young career. A rookie backup goalie carrying a team throughout the OHL playoffs is a very tall task. Mentally speaking, I think he needs some work

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Never feel bad losing to London. It gives us an idea of where we are and where we have to be? Some growing pains for sure. Lazary is still wet behind the ears but is doing well. They will learn together as a team find some chemistry and mature as a unit. This should be enjoyable as they get progressively more skilled and familiar with each other.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Tough loss, boys didn't look all that good.

Why is Jenkins a Center? He hasn't played well anytime he is in the middle. I'd switch him and Perfetti and keep both as wingers. Laz will figure it out. But it was obvious that London is just a whole lot better.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Another Win!!

Good job Lennox!!!

Laz must be exhausted trying to find chemistry lines! I think everyone played with everyone tonight!!

Hope the right lines come out of a week of practice.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Another Win!!

Good job Lennox!!!

Laz must be exhausted trying to find chemistry lines! I think everyone played with everyone tonight!!

Hope the right lines come out of a week of practice.
As long as we win the growing pains are manageable. Lennox is not your average rookie goalie, he is much better. The lines will be changing until Lazary figures it out.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Good Luck tonight for New Spirit Assistant Coach Darren Rumble former NHL 1st Rd pick with pleny of coaching experience. Fills Lazary's old spot with Kuwabara and Rumble as assistants.
Erie is always a tough game. Full week of practice will help the new guys get used to Lazary's way of coaching. Time to show how improved the team is Murray, McLeod and Tippett maybe Everett soon is adding 4 good players to a solid team to begin with.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Six different goal scorers is always good when the bottom 6 contribute like tonight.Katic, Tippett and Busdeker all had 2pts. Prosvetov has won 10 of 11 games games with a save% of .931.

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->