GDT: Sadly, another Washington Capitals Gameday is upon us (7:30 PM against Toronto)

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I hope for a better showing from the Caps. But these Canes will be tough as well. They’ve got Guentzel too now who has had our number when he played for the Pens.
Canes/Caps actually play similar styles with D first patient game. Canes just have the better/younger scoring talent. I think it will be a closer game then ppl think in comparison to this one.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Man, I don't like to use injuries as an excuse but because this team doesn't have deepness in depth, Oshie/Protas not being to play threw some big money wrenches into the Caps running engine.

Reactions: troyerlaw

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Canes game matchup.

IMG_9292.jpeg

Reactions: CapsJunkie

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Can't fault Lindgren for most of these! The Caps played too wide open of a game. They played crap hockey and not playoff hockey. Leafs scored goals were too easy, as they had plenty of room to shoot to shoot on most of their goals.
If Kuemper gave up these goals he would be rightfully roasted. Lindgren sucked today, it is what it is, even great goalies have bad games. He certainly didn’t get helped by his team, but he was also bad. Not the end of the world. He’s helped us win games we didn’t deserve plenty this year, and tonight he helped us lose a game we also probably didn’t deserve. On to the next one.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If Kuemper gave up these goals he would be rightfully roasted. Lindgren sucked today, it is what it is, even great goalies have bad games. He certainly didn’t get helped by his team, but he was also bad. Not the end of the world. He’s helped us win games we didn’t deserve plenty this year, and tonight he helped us lose a game we also probably didn’t deserve. On to the next one.

Yep. Every goalie has their moment like this and not all were his fault, however I have no faith in Kuemper at all at his point.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Disagree. I'm gonna look at all 7(I wasn't able to watch the 1st period) and tell which he could have stopped.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Viva El Tank and OV might actually hit 30 for the season. Good night for yours truly :)
Screw TANK, as it too late to actually get a top 15 pick(16-32 picks will amount to no better than a 2nd/3rd line player and maybe even some busts, as this is a much weaker draft from last season). OV will reach 30, as I'm noticing a big surge from him. He's stepping up, but others have to step up too.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Screw TANK, as it too late to actually get a top 15 pick(16-32 picks will amount to no better than a 2nd/3rd line player and maybe even some busts, as this is a much weaker draft from last season). OV will reach 30, as I'm noticing a big surge from him. He's stepping up, but others have to step up too.
With the current standings, the caps pick 14th. You're not making sense. You should put your phone down.

Reactions: Corby78

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Disagree. I'm gonna look at all 7(I wasn't able to watch the 1st period) and tell which he could have stopped.
To be fair the worst ones were when the game was already getting out of hand. But in general I thought he looked very much like the valid criticisms of Kuemper this season tonight. He looked particularly small in net.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
For those watching the standings, our two games in hand is now down to one with no points yet gained.

Freakin Max Domi with a 4 assist, +4 night.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I looked again thoroughly at Lindgren's game and only 1 of the 7 he should he have stopped for sure(The Leafs 5th goal through his five-hole as he got crossed up coming across left to right). The other 6 either there was a deflection, screen or a Leaf player had far too much time to get a good shot off or the Leafs player was left wide open(Matthews 1st goal was like that). I think Lindgren on his best night maybe only gives up 4, but he didn't lose the game as the team made far too many mistakes in key moments, to win the game. I'm wondering if the whole team was fatigued from changing time zones. Kuemper might not have been a bad decision as he was more fresh than just about the rest of the roster except for Sgarbossa and NAK. Maybe even Bear should have been in for Alexeyev?

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I looked again thoroughly at Lindgren's game and only 1 of the 7 he should he have stopped for sure(The Leafs 5th goal through his five-hole as he got crossed up coming across left to right). The other 6 either there was a deflection, screen or a Leaf player had far too much time to get a good shot off or the Leafs player was left wide open(Matthews 1st goal was like that). I think Lindgren on his best night maybe only gives up 4, but he didn't lose the game as the team made far too many mistakes in key moments, to win the game. I'm wondering if the whole team was fatigued from changing time zones. Kuemper might not have been a bad decision as he was more fresh than just about the rest of the roster except for Sgarbossa and NAK. Maybe even Bear should have been in for Alexeyev?

This is a pretty fair assessment. Most of the goals weren't his fault, but had he been at the top of his game tonight, he would have saved some of them. He looked maybe a little fatigued to me. Not quite as dialed in as he has been all season. I think he could do with some rest.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Some small notes. Alexeyev only played 12 mins last time these met and this time only 10:30. If he was being sheltered like that both times, then it tells me Alexeyev is not quite good enough for certain matches up even as a 3rd pairing. Maybe it would have better to roll the dice with Bear? Some d-man were probably played every other shift instead of every 3rd shift.

Leafs were 1/5 on the PP, Caps 1/1. FBS Caps only given 1 PP! If Leafs got 5, Caps easily should have been awarded 5 as well. Believe me if the Leafs were penalized 5 times, they wouldn't have the offensive jump of scoring 7 goals like they did!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This is a pretty fair assessment. Most of the goals weren't his fault, but had he been at the top of his game tonight, he would have saved some of them. He looked maybe a little fatigued to me. Not quite as dialed in as he has been all season. I think he could do with some rest.
That is the fault of both Kuemper and Scott Murray. Carbs is not confident to play Kuemper more so Lindgren stays more fresh. Kuemper/Murray haven't been on the same page since Kuemper signed here. Murray seems to gel with goalies who play a modern butterfly style, but struggles to adjust his coaching with Hybrid goalies like Holtby/Kuemper/Vanecek/Samsonov. For me, a good goalie coach are able to work with all goalie types and help them become better(It's what Mitch Korn was so good at as he could coach a Hasek or Joe Smoe). Promote Finnish goalie coach from Hershey, and I bet ya Darcy Kuemper becomes good goalie again!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So it's too late for them to get a top 15 draft pick because you've already decided they're making the playoffs?

Are you OK? Even for you, this is insane.
Remember I am advocate of beating faster teams despite having a somewhat older roster. I am as a fan and goalie very competitive and like ppl talk about tanking or coming up with excuses. There are ways to beat anybody if you can ramp up your players hockey IQ.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Amazing you already know how the players in the draft will end up. But it’s just not picking earlier every round it’s draft capital during/before the draft.

It’s amazing how people say the picks don’t matter until draft day.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Amazing you already know how the players in the draft will end up. But it’s just not picking earlier every round it’s draft capital during/before the draft.

It’s amazing how people say the picks don’t matter until draft day.
The bottom half of the 1st round and 1st half of the 2nd round could very be out of the projected order of where/whom teams will pick. Basically in that range a good deal of players could be pick from off the board so to speak.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Need help from Carolina this time lets hope they win vs Flyers so they dont have that same will to revenge themselves like Toronto had.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Remember I am advocate of beating faster teams despite having a somewhat older roster. I am as a fan and goalie very competitive and like ppl talk about tanking or coming up with excuses. There are ways to beat anybody if you can ramp up your players hockey IQ.
None of these things guarantee a playoff spot to the caps. Your assertion that they can't pick higher than 15 is wrong.

Seriously though, did you drink too much watching the game? Your takes are wilder than normal tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad