SabresTV: Beyond Blue & Gold – Latest: Dec 20

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
maybe the Sabres are using this to try and get a tv deal for next offseason, because these are really high quality and took some real money to create, maybe they want their own hard knocks show

i'd give my left nut to have a behind the scenes 24/7, hard knocks type show for the sabres. It would give us so much more to talk about. Just look at how much info we've gathered from this passed draft alone with the potential deals Darcy tried to make, and it would be awesome for things like injuries.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
i'd give my left nut to have a behind the scenes 24/7, hard knocks type show for the sabres. It would give us so much more to talk about. Just look at how much info we've gathered from this passed draft alone with the potential deals Darcy tried to make, and it would be awesome for things like injuries.

Totally agree. Video number 2 gave us some of the most incredible information I've ever seen for a draft video. The mention of trading up to 5 with our 2 first rounders meant that we needed the Leafs to pass over Grigs and have him fall all the way to us. It worked magically, I am in awe that he fell so far. I was in Pittsburgh with 3 friends and watched us get Girgs and Grigs, definitely a moment I'll never forget, especially if they go on to have long careers as Sabres! =)

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
Totally agree. Video number 2 gave us some of the most incredible information I've ever seen for a draft video. The mention of trading up to 5 with our 2 first rounders meant that we needed the Leafs to pass over Grigs and have him fall all the way to us.

was just coming here to post this...

Darcy and Burke do like each other!!!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I was hoping that this series would catch up to real time and have current episodes published during the season, but didn't think that was actually going to happen. Appears that will be the case based on the the guy who was just on Hockey Hotline -- presumably the producer -- talking about how they've been filming in camp and that the episodes will keep rolling.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Next episode follows the Amerks leading up to a Movember game; ~4:00PM release today. Next episode after that comes from the scrimmage, due out next Wednesday.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Next episode follows the Amerks leading up to a Movember game; ~4:00PM release today. Next episode after that comes from the scrimmage, due out next Wednesday.

I really hope the scrimmage one is a solid 15 minutes. I'm sure there's a ton of worthy chatter from the coaches, bench, practice leading up to it, and game footage.

They're putting all this money into producing these, I don't see any reason not to make the episodes longer unless the worthwhile footage just isn't there. They have no hosting costs since the vids are on Youtube, plus the longer these are the more likely they'll be able to sell the whole shebang as $5 DVDs after the season.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I thought this last one was pretty weak. It was extremely short and they didn't even show any content from the game itself.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I watched that last one weeks ago, it isn't new

Well, the producer was on HH today saying this specific one would be released today and they released it today (Published on Jan 17, 2013 -- Youtube), plus it's episode #4 and #3 just came out yesterday.

Edit: Probably just an "I'm Darcy Regeir" joke that went over my head at first glance

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Well, the producer was on HH today saying this specific one would be released today and they released it today (Published on Jan 17, 2013 -- Youtube), plus it's episode #4 and #3 just came out yesterday.

Edit: Probably just an "I'm Darcy Regeir" joke that went over my head at first glance

No, I actually saw this weeks ago

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Where? It makes sense because all of these were obviously filmed a long time ago, I'm just curious where they had them all on display. The first up-to-date one I think will be the next one, filmed in camp.

I believe that Rochester tweeted the link awhile ago.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 6: Training Camp (1/24/13)

In this edition of "Beyond Blue & Gold," find out what happened as the NHL lockout came to end and business resumed for the Buffalo Sabres. Go behind-the-scenes at the start of the team's week-long training camp, including coverage of the Blue-Gold scrimmage at First Niagara Center played in front of 10,000 hockey-starved fans, featuring rookie Mikhail Grigorenko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad