Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don't agree with this narrative though. Georgiev definitely stepped up his play but I don't think he was the better goalie. If the goalies were switched Georgiev would have been pulled most games and Helle probably pitches a SO or 2 for the Avs. The ice was heavily tilted, the Avs haven't been outplayed yet these playoffs.

While I agree the Avs stepped up offensively and defensively, Georgiev deserves some credit. He made good saves as well in games 2-5.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
But Dallas is a depth team, not a high end team like Colorado. Besides, this isn't the NBA, where the better high end team matters more. Don't get me wrong, the Avs high end talent is enough to win this series, but so is the Stars depth.
I think the Avs depth is still getting underrated though. Basically the Avs top line has the advantage against anyone and I think the other lines are a wash. The Mittlestadt line was actually Colorado's best so far, Plus Drouin is coming back. All 4 can hang with anyone. The Colton line will be the big X factor and probably the one Dallas has the best chance of taking advantage of

While I agree the Avs stepped up offensively and defensively, Georgiev deserves some credit. He made good saves as well in games 2-5.
For sure, Georgieve stepped up and played some of his best hockey all year. Let's hope he carries that mojo forward. I just don't agree that he outplayed Hellebuyck - at worst they were even

Reactions: Turbonium

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Avs got dumped in the first round by a Pacific team just last year, so you must be still exhausted by that result.
And the Oilers get stomped by any team with talent in the playoffs. You just don't see any until the 3rd round where your team hasn't won a game. 4-0 kiddo.

Reactions: Ncit3

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thank god series starts in Dallas. With the quick turnaround Stars having to travel to Denver tomorow to play game 1 on Tuesday would've been killer. Without travel i think the quick turnaround might even be a bit of an advantage since the team is still in the groove after game 7. We'll see.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Series will be decided in net. Oetts either slows them down enough for his team to exploit Geo or the avs run him over like they did Helle and move on.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Rooting for the Stars as I have Stars v Panthers in the finals. But Hintz is gonna have to do more to make that a reality.

Also, that third pairing is abysmal. Reminds me of the Flyers third pairing in 2010. Can only ride that out so long

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
But Dallas is a depth team, not a high end team like Colorado.

Colorados Depth is fine and did very well against the Jets. As long as they can provide solide plays in this one, the "high end players", hopefully, can do their part.

As long as Georgiev can hold the fort and gives us some "high end saves". He will get much more tested against the Stars. Thats a sure thing to say.

Gonna be a damn good series.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I think the Avs depth is still getting underrated though. Basically the Avs top line has the advantage against anyone and I think the other lines are a wash. The Mittlestadt line was actually Colorado's best so far, Plus Landy is coming back. All 4 can hang with anyone. The Colton line will be the big X factor and probably the one Dallas has the best chance of taking advantage of

For sure, Georgieve stepped up and played some of his best hockey all year. Let's hope he carries that mojo forward. I just don't agree that he outplayed Hellebuyck - at worst they were even
Fixed it for you.
Although I expect him to be on the 4th line 5-on-5. That's a hell of a lot of game rust he's got now.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Rooting for the Stars as I have Stars v Panthers in the finals. But Hintz is gonna have to do more to make that a reality.

Also, that third pairing is abysmal. Reminds me of the Flyers third pairing in 2010. Can only ride that out so long
Even the staunchest Suter haters on the Stars board admit that Suter's been good in a bottom pairing role.

Lundkvist is fine but PDB refuses to play him.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If Georgiev plays well the Avs advance, Colorado´s top players will light it up as usual. Hard to say what we will get as it´s been a goaltending rollercoaster all season.

Reactions: Turbonium

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The Avs are a little top heavy, but the top is the top 6 this year, not the top 3 like it was last year. Especially if Drouin comes back, that’s MacKinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, Mittelstadt, Drouin, and Lehkonen. If you throw everything you have at the MacKinnon line, the other line will burn you. Further down the lineup tips back towards Dallas, but we’ve got some role players there as well, not all replacement level guys just to fill out the roster.

No idea what’s going to happen with goaltending. Dallas looks to be favored there, but not nearly to the extent of Winnipeg last round. I think it’ll bite us at some point. I’m not sure which series.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
And the Oilers get stomped by any team with talent in the playoffs. You just don't see any until the 3rd round where your team hasn't won a game. 4-0 kiddo.

Good to see the excuses already lined up. Dallas already has you shook and rightfully so.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
This is the one series where I can say.... flip coin. First round was Boston and Toronto.

Dallas got the monkey out wining first round. Colorado knows how to win. Two great team. Went for Av's in 7 games.... flipcoined it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad