SabresTV: Beyond Blue & Gold – Latest: Dec 20

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
The first four episodes of "Beyond Blue And Gold" were melded together into a 30 minute program - hosted by Brian Duff - that will premiere on MSG (in Buffalo and Rochester) this Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm ET. The four episodes were - look at the combine held for draft prospects at First Niagara Center last June, the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh, the team’s rookie development camp, and a visit with the team’s AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans.

The program leads off a day of Sabres on MSG as the Sabres-Canadiens pre-game show will then be shown at 1:30 pm ET - game coverage starting at 2:00 pm ET - with puck-drop scheduled for 2:15 pm ET. The program will then be repeated after the Sabres-Canadiens post-game show ends - approx 5:00 pm ET.

Edit: Just checked my local listings and the day of Sabres on MSG starts even earlier as the "Sabres Hall Of Fame - Rafters Club Roundtable" is being repeated from 12:00 pm ET to 1:00 pm ET. (Surprise they didn't start it at 11:00 am ET and repeat the French Connection Statue Unveiling for the millionth time. LOL!)

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 7: Pegula/Regier Interview (2/8/13)

When the Buffalo Sabres drafted Russian forward Mikhail Grigorenko 12th overall in last June's NHL Entry Draft, it surprised many people. But in many ways, the move demonstrated a new organizational philosophy on taking chances on the future, rather than drafting based on past history. As owner Terry Pegula states: "The day you're afraid to make a mistake is the day you stop taking chances." In this episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold," Pegula and general manager Darcy Regier discuss what the drafting of Grigorenko meant for now and the years beyond.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
B ) that little theme song when the title slide comes up gives me chills. Can we identify that track somehow?
Off-hand, I can't place where else I've heard it, but the videos have a little post-rock vibe and remind me of Explosions in the Sky, who were featured prominently in the background music of Friday Night Lights. :dunno:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Off-hand, I can't place where else I've heard it, but the videos have a little post-rock vibe and remind me of Explosions in the Sky, who were featured prominently in the background music of Friday Night Lights. :dunno:

Nice. I will give it a try after some shut eye ... Hopefully someone can assist, or shazam it for the five seconds it plays...

*waits for jfb the kid to swoop in and give artist, track name, Prospect grade, band comparables, and impact the track has on waiver eligibility*

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Beyond Blue & Gold, Ep. 8: Ryder's Story (2/13/13)

Nathan Gerbe’s journey to the NHL has been one of hard work and determination. But the friendship he has developed with four-year-old Ryder Kopacz is truly inspiring. Ryder was born with fibular hemimelia in his right leg, but has not let it get in the way of his love for the Sabres and Gerbe. Watch as Kopacz and his family travel to Chicago to be fitted for a special prosthetic leg that allows him to skate, and then see him test it out on the ice at First Niagara Center under the watchful eye of his hero Gerbe. For more information, unLIMBited.com.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Beyond Blue & Gold: Ep. #10: Patrick Kaleta

Patrick Kaleta is much more than a grinder on the ice. Take a look at an introspective look at the forward off the ice.

(I LOVE that Kaleta gets his own)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
These are great. Best media idea the organization has come up with in a long time.

Kaleta gave my heart a tug when he said where ever he goes, he'll always give back to WNY. Mom and Dad did good.

Loved the Lego room too!:laugh:

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Man the interlacing artifacts in this one are BAD. I do like these episodes though. Definitely loved the lego room.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Love that he said he'll always have the buffalo connection. And the stuff he's played through, what he puts himself through to stay in the lineup...how the **** does he not have an A on his jersey?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Nice. I will give it a try after some shut eye ... Hopefully someone can assist, or shazam it for the five seconds it plays...

*waits for jfb the kid to swoop in and give artist, track name, Prospect grade, band comparables, and impact the track has on waiver eligibility*
I didn't see this initially, but now it's going to bother me, so I'm going to figure out what song it is. :laugh:

Sounds a lot like EITS, for sure.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Love that he said he'll always have the buffalo connection. And the stuff he's played through, what he puts himself through to stay in the lineup...how the **** does he not have an A on his jersey?

I second that.

Dude's a legend. A for Kaleta today.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I would love for him to be a lifetime Sabre.

I know his style of play causes him to miss time, but he's a heart and soul guy that bleeds blue and gold.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
MORE “BEYOND BLUE & GOLD” COMING TO MSG - Behind-the-scenes program will air 18 times throughout March - Sabres.com

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that MSG will be airing new episodes of “Beyond Blue & Gold,” a video series that takes fans behind the scenes of the Sabres organization, beginning this Saturday, March 2, at 2:00 pm. The half-hour program will premiere directly before MSG’s coverage of the Sabres’ game against the New Jersey Devils, which begins at 2:30 pm with the Tops Game Night pre-game show and then the game broadcast at 3:00 pm. The program will then be re-aired after the Game Broadcast at 6:00 pm.

This month’s episodes on MSG highlight the Sabres’ week of training camp in mid-January, the start of the 2012-13 season, exclusive interviews with Sabres owner Terry Pegula and Sabres GM Darcy Regier, and features with Sabres forward Nathan Gerbe and a “Day in the Life” of team equipment managers. Each program on MSG is 30 minutes long and is hosted by Sabres broadcaster Brian Duff.

New episodes of “Beyond Blue & Gold” will premiere every few weeks on Sabres.com and the Buffalo Sabres’ official YouTube channel.

MSG will continue to air the packages of “Beyond Blue & Gold” episodes throughout the season and as the series progresses. Viewers in the Buffalo and Rochester markets will have many chances to catch the most recent run of “Beyond Blue & Gold” on MSG – episodes will air 18 times on MSG throughout the month of March.

Last edited:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Episode 11 is up. It's the mentor trip from Florida. Great stuff here IMO.

Seeing Pegula running around with a stogie talking a little smack is great.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Good episode.

First time I think I've seen Kim Pegula referring to simply as "Buffalo Sabres Owner".

Nice shot of the Pegula house at the end. Niiiiice. Then to finish it off with Terry sitting on the car with the Cigar was a sweet touch.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
HG2XFsC.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad