GDT: Sabres@Wings 1/12/20 game 46 5:00p.m

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Hronek hasn't been very good defensively, especially lately. I expect he'll have a few poor games here and there so hopefully it's just temporary and he can get back to adequate defense and good offence.

Reactions: MBH

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Hronek hasn't been very good defensively, especially lately. I expect he'll have a few poor games here and there so hopefully it's just temporary and he can get back to adequate defense and good offence.

He's still learning. And young defensemen have these phases. I bet it's even harder playing in a poorly-coached team like this.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Okay which is worse: watching the wings or the first two movies of star Wars sequel trilogy tonight? Inquiring minds wish to know.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I seriously want AA and McDavid to race. That play they just showed dropped my jaw, he was so fast.

McDavid is faster than him. A lot faster than him with the puck and full control too.

He does that consistently too, it isn't just on that replay.

For the record both Larkin and AA have said in terms of pure speed Helm has them beat which is interesting. But straight line he is supposedly the fastest guy on the team at least through last year according to both guys.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Why aren't there two awards for defenseman like there are for forwards?

The best defensive forward gets the Selke, the best forward gets the Art Ross.

Give the Norris to the best defenseman, and the Orr to the highest scoring defenseman.

Granted a defenseman could, theoretically, win the Art Ross, but seriously.

OT as f***, sorry. Just stuck on Bowey being a shitty defenseman.

Reactions: Filppula

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
McDavid is faster than him. A lot faster than him with the puck and full control too.

For the record both Larkin and AA have said in terms of pure speed Helm has them beat which is interesting. But straight line he is supposedly the fastest guy on the team at least through last year according to both guys.

It’s just when you ask him A) to turn, or B) do something with the puck, that something horrible happens and someone in the arena is in danger. We just don’t know who.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

It's still a curiosity thing. I mean, AA skates with the puck like a madman, but yeah, McD looks faster. I just want a substantive measure.

And I don't believe Helm is faster than AA for a minute, no matter what they say.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's still a curiosity thing. I mean, AA skates with the puck like a madman, but yeah, McD looks faster. I just want a substantive measure.

And I don't believe Helm is faster than AA for a minute, no matter what they say.

I have never seen a faster player than McDavid ever.

Bure and MacKinnon are probably my next two.

Fedorov has the most beautiful and fluid stride for me, but I think that front 3 are the fastest I have seen.

I think Larkin is faster than AA, but that one is close.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad