Sabres Prospects in WJC...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27798
  • Start date

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
An incredible sequence for UPL who already has a handful of grade A saves. But he’s gonna need the puck to get out of his end at some point.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Laaksonen has been pretty solid. Not a big guy but good positioning, few good pinches and steals.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Best case scenario, Pekar is a 30-40 point pest who is an absolute nuisance, Laaksonen pans out as a top 4 puck mover with some skill, and Luukonen is a starting caliber NHL goalie. After seeing some snippets of this tourney, I'm feeling quite good about these prospects.

Reactions: ValJames

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Man, aren't they always?

No doubt, I told my wife its like watching a machine representation of hockey. Last night's performance was robust, brutally effective, and not terribly creative. Seemingly no one missed an assignment, or a stick lift.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have trouble even understanding how the team put up 14 goals and he didn't get so much as a secondary on any of them.

Aren't they working him as the 13th forward though? He didn't seem to get many regular shifts from what I recall, but then again... I wasn't paying much attention due to holiday festivities.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Aren't they working him as the 13th forward though? He didn't seem to get many regular shifts from what I recall, but then again... I wasn't paying much attention due to holiday festivities.
That must be it. I didn't watch the game and the TSN box score doesn't give TOI stats, but he wasn't even out there for any of the goals. Lafreniere and Ty Smith are the only +0 players on the team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That must be it. I didn't watch the game and the TSN box score doesn't give TOI stats, but he wasn't even out there for any of the goals. Lafreniere and Ty Smith are the only +0 players on the team.

Digging around and found first that the IIHF stats from last year were way easier to view and find (at least for me). Not liking the dumbing down on the stats.

And it looks like he was given a +1 in 14:14 ToI over 21 shifts. Four of the Canadians forwards had less ToI. I need to make less merry going forward. :biglaugh:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Catching up in Finland Sweden on dvr. Laaksonen is very good, but I think he’s still maybe 3 years away from the NHL. Great instincts, but he needs work on execution and strength. It’s unfortunate, but I think he’s one of those European players that would’ve been served really well by a couple of chl seasons.

Also UPL was great.

Also I’m even more furious that Botts didn’t draft Filip Hallander. Everything that kid does looks like an NHL caliber move to me. He makes very quick decisions and his motor never stops. Dang it.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
I liked the performance of all 4 of our prospects. I’m interested to see if Sweden manhandles Slovakia today like I think they might. UPL saved Finland from a blowout.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Samuelson should be a good defensive compliment guy much like his father was. Him and Borgen should push each other in the organization.

Laaksonen could be good wild card insurance if Guhle does not pan out or gets dealt away for other needs.

UPL in Roc should be interesting next year. Hopefully he makes us all forget Petersen.

Average I would say. Same for his passing. Nevertheless gets the job done most of the times.

Last edited:
Reactions: debaser66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad