Sabres Prospects in WJC...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27798
  • Start date

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Liking what I see from Samuelsson here so far. Seemingly super calm, skates well and plays a real simple game back there. Nothing cute, just makes the smart play every time. And that frame. He looks gigantic.

That's his game. The nice thing is to project him out with one of the high-tempo PMD's the Sabres have as the super safe takeout guy.

Amazing save by Keyser there. Wow.

Reactions: Dingo44

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To those who thought Eichel had a rough 200 foot game at 18, Jack Hughes is going to make him look like Kopitar

Reactions: Chainshot

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
USA with no quality chances that PP Svk is playing really well at stifling this team. If USA got called for too many menSvk could be ahead quite easily.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
To those who thought Eichel had a rough 200 foot game at 18, Jack Hughes is going to make him look like Kopitar
Hughes is such a hard player to judge. You watch him play and come away thinking there's a huge amount of inefficiency to his game, needs to stop making so many low percentage plays and needs to capitalize on more of the chances he gets and then notice he's basically been a 2 PPG player every level he's ever played. But for as much as he has the puck on his stick you actually expect him to put up more points. It's similar to Mittelstadt last season in College or Eichel in his first 3 seasons. I think teams that have a franchise center already would love to draft him at 1st overall, and the teams that don't will consider other options. He definitely has a Patrick Kane quality to his game and if you're a team with a great center you are likely set up for the next decade. I think the top of this year's draft will be the one of the most interesting ones in years because there's a very good chance the player chosen 1st overall depends on how the lottery goes.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samuelsson just broke up 2 players on a rush by himself.

He’s been steady. Hasn’t shown a ton of energy, but hasn’t had to, and breaks up everything that comes to him and moves the puck up.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Rooting for Finland instead of Sweden is breaking my brain

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Lundell's just as young, maybe a week older, and regularly centers a line in Liiga. Hughes, Kakko, and Podkolzin are out of their likely draft range. Broberg shot up most lists too unfortunately and I don't really want to encourage the idea of first-round goalies. Heck, a goalie in the first three rounds is usually too early for me with all the development time they need.

No goalies please, sorry goalies.

Lundell, cool I’ll keep an eye out.

Ya the others I assume won’t be available for us, but I always like to see the newest and shiniest.

I’ve been going down the YouTube rabbit hole with Hughes. Very interesting and intelligent player.

LaFreniere tho, man did I like what I saw last year in the Q as a youngster, just hungry to score.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s really something that Dahlin would be eligible to play in next year’s tournament.

And was the tournaments best D winner last year.

Reactions: Mitts888

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad