Friedman: Sabres preparing for An Additional Top Ten Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Reinhardt to Jackets for Korpy and 5th overall or Risto to Devils for 4th overall my guesses
Weak draft I like 1st 2 that will go off the board Powers, Beniers after that there is a drop off any of 8 players could go 3rd
Also like Wallstedt just dont think a goalie will go top 5

You may be disappointed by whatever return you get for risto if that's your expectation

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
People leaving out that Elliote specifically mentioned Reinhart when speaking about LA and his name has been mentioned there previously.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
As everyone has said, Reinhart to Vancouver makes a ton of sense trade wise. Not really in terms of current/future contracts, team needs, fixing of the defence etc... But it's Benning so if at least there's some semblance of reason I'll take it.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Eichel to vancouver for 1st+? Benning said he'll be 'aggressive' this offseason...

Too scary to think what JB would give for Eichel, if this is vancouver it is either Reinhart or Ristolainen for #9 and some form of a cap dump going back like Roussel 3m for 1 yr. Or somehow convince them to take LE and we retain 2m of his 6m cap hit or something

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Another top 10 pick that's a few years out - this a great way to keep Cozens, Dahlin, etc. a few years down the road.

Buffalo gonna buffalo.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
To be honest, I think there's more of a chance for a Reinhart - 9th OA swap than an Eichel swap.

Sad but true with the current GM still being employed after all his f*** ups last off season...just hope he sends some salary back in the deal too. Not sold on it being Reinhart as he needs a new deal after this season...

Will this be round 2 of the foundational player acquired via trade then locked up long term before every putting on a Canucks jersey like Sutter was? Different players but when you listen to a JB interview would it really surprise you to make the same kind of mistake again...not I especially when he knows the Canucks better have a good start to the season otherwise he will get fired before Christmas in my opinion

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
As a canucks fan, I absolutely hate giving away futures. This is the one instance I'd be into a futures dump.
9th
22 1st
Something else decent
For eichel

But we would need them to take some cap back

We have a shit defense, so we would probably need to look to European fa to fill that out...guys like dronov. Not sure the canucks have the scouting talent for that tho

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Definitely has the feel of a Ristolainen/Reinhart to VAN/LAK type deal. Maybe throw the NJD in the mix too. Teams with Top-10 picks, that look like they're also in a mood to start making a push for the playoffs sooner rather than later.

Though obviously the Eichel situation remains unresolved, and would seem likely to include a top pick this year, as one piece of the deal.

Could also be using the team "Top-10 Pick" pretty loosely in this instance to generate "hype". In the sense that, things open up to a lot of different possibilities if you include potential deals with teams just around the fringes outside the technical Top-10. Though the "preparation" would be functionally more or less exactly the same anyway. The same prospects a team would be really keying in on around pick #10. Beyond what the Sabres are looking at #1 Overall, but in that "Top-10ish neighborhood", and well before they were scheduled to pick again.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Too scary to think what JB would give for Eichel, if this is vancouver it is either Reinhart or Ristolainen for #9 and some form of a cap dump going back like Roussel 3m for 1 yr. Or somehow convince them to take LE and we retain 2m of his 6m cap hit or something
I just don’t see the fit for eichel.. we already have 2 top 6 centres in horvat and petey. So unless you’re trading one of them, which seems pointless. Makes no sense. Whereas reinhart can play on the wing so there’s a better overall fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad