Friedman: Sabres preparing for An Additional Top Ten Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I disagree. If you trade for Eichel, you have $20m tied up in 2 centers. kopitar and Eichel. Where do you put Byfeild? on the 3rd line? Plus we have Doughty making north of $10m. so that would be $30m tied up in 3 players.

I could be wrong, but I just dont see it.
You are correct

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
I just don’t see the fit for eichel.. we already have 2 top 6 centres in horvat and petey. So unless you’re trading one of them, which seems pointless. Makes no sense. Whereas reinhart can play on the wing so there’s a better overall fit.

1st + Miller for Eichel. No cap problem for the nucks. Buffalo gets something for the rebuild, a relaitvely young center to replace Eichel, and some of his offense. They can offload Miller as a rental later in the season or resign him as needed.

1st + Myers + Hoglander for Eichel. No cap problem for Canucks. Myers goes home, can help Buffalo's powerplay, and they get a good young forward with great compete levels.

1st + Horvat for Eichel + small salary retention. Same as the first option except they could keep Horvat around for the rebuild.

Both teams can swap lower picks around as necessary to even things out. Canucks can convert a center to wing if needed or use the excess pièces later in the offseason to fill out with wingers.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
If it’s a Vancouver trade, I see it being broken on draft day. While Benning says there are 9 players he likes, I think he’d be looking more specifically at Lysell, Edvinsson and McTavish based on previous reports and his stylistic preferences. If those three are gone, I can see a Reinhart for 9oa + cap + b/c prospect trade.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
1st + Miller for Eichel. No cap problem for the nucks. Buffalo gets something for the rebuild, a relaitvely young center to replace Eichel, and some of his offense. They can offload Miller as a rental later in the season or resign him as needed.

1st + Myers + Hoglander for Eichel. No cap problem for Canucks. Myers goes home, can help Buffalo's powerplay, and they get a good young forward with great compete levels.

1st + Horvat for Eichel + small salary retention. Same as the first option except they could keep Horvat around for the rebuild.

Both teams can swap lower picks around as necessary to even things out. Canucks can convert a center to wing if needed or use the excess pièces later in the offseason to fill out with wingers.

I don't think any of those packages land Eichel.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
If it’s a Vancouver trade, I see it being broken on draft day. While Benning says there are 9 players he likes, I think he’d be looking more specifically at Lysell, Edvinsson and McTavish based on previous reports and his stylistic preferences. If those three are gone, I can see a Reinhart for 9oa + cap + b/c prospect trade.
makes some sense

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Has to be Reinhart
-Versatile (center or wing)
-consistent (good for 20 goals)
-hasn't missed a game in 4 seasons
- age, exactly the age GM's love

I mean he makes sense for pretty much any team in that top 10 to be honest who dont want to keep rebuilding and rebuilding.

Reactions: Gosabres08

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
A top 10 pick in this draft is probably worth less than a top 10 pick in most drafts. A lot of top prospects haven't played or have barely played, which makes the accuracy of scouting even worse than it already is. Probably going to see more busts near the top than normal, and the talent spread out a bit more through the first few rounds of the draft.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Top players that are openly disgruntled usually get less no?

In this case I can see a lot of teams bidding, not is not often players of Eichel calibers become available. I want my Calgary Flames to back up the truck for Eichel(for better of worse.)

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Reinhart should get the 7th to 10th overall pick

Ristolinen shouldn't get a 1st. He's worth a 2nd + B prospect

Eichel is worth the moon
Shouldn't, but might because GM's love big mean defensemen even if they've proven to be a liability more often than not.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

If I'm Vancouver, I don't trade Horvat for Eichel. Horvat is a culture guy that has value far above his stats. He would be a great piece for Buffalo to turn that locker room around. As a Kings fan, I'd take Horvat over Eichel 10 times out of 10.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
If eichel is moved buffalo fans are going to be very disappointed if they think they will be getting anything near the packages being asked for on here.
Yeah, we know he's only worth Chytil and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad