Friedman: Sabres looking to move Scandella

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago is more than overpaying Buffalo with intangibles and leadership. Be thankful

This reminds me how you guys wanted to dump Crawford for Lehner ++ on the sabres.
I get you want to have Seabrook out of your division, but why not look for a team that needs help on defense?
Like lets say the leafs, You could also reunite the Nylanders. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Djp

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
This reminds me how you guys wanted to dump Crawford for Lehner ++ on the sabres.
I get you want to have Seabrook out of your division, but why not look for a team that needs help on defense?
Like lets say the leafs, You could also reunite the Nylanders. :sarcasm:
I doubt that the Leafs want Alex, and I would be astounded if they either took on Seabrook's contract or relinquished William's.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Chicago is more than overpaying Buffalo with intangibles and leadership. Be thankful

No doubt Seabrook possesses those. But he’s far from he used to be on the ice, and not worth the contract. Sabres have too many up and coming stars to pay for to take on his contract (Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Reinhart).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Craig Smith and a small plus for Scandella at 50% and Vesey would make the money pretty much even. Not sure if either team does it, but Vesey coming to Nashville via Buffalo would be quite ironic.

No....smith and Scandella are close to equal in salary

Buffalo is at the cap and can’t retain.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Scandella has finally been good for us this season, getting rid of him, although I realize it's a numbers thing, seems like a waste of a good player. Is Gilmour playing that much better? Is it only a salary based decision?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I wonder if this is something that doesn’t happen until the deadline. The Sabres have a heavy load of games coming in a short time along with an overseas trip to Sweden.

With Montour coming back, Gilmour can be sent to Rochester (I would assume he’d clear waivers) and then they can rotate between the 7 defensemen (Dahlin Miller McCabe Ristolainen Scandella Jokiharju and Montour).

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
Scandella has finally been good for us this season, getting rid of him, although I realize it's a numbers thing, seems like a waste of a good player. Is Gilmour playing that much better? Is it only a salary based decision?
Gilmour isn't playing at all. It's all about the benjamins and the fact the Sabres are overloaded with d and he is an ufa at the end of the year.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I like anything that gets youth or picks into the Sabres pockets. Scandella has had a nice rebound and is paired nicely with Henri Jokiharju so far. No thanks to bottom six forwards like Miles Wood.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Fine. Seabrook straight up

Can't believe we are giving away multiple cup champion leaders like this

His contract, is f***ing terrible. There is not enough you could offer (1st or Dach - which isn't happening) for anyone to take, bullshit like leadership as a main cognitive reasoning for why this makes sense for Buffalo. This is a straight contract dump offer from a Chicago fan. He is a slower defensemen, and we already have his type of play in Bogosian coming back.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Gilmour hasn't played a single game yet, but somebody's gotta be the odd man out when Montour's ready to return to the line-up, and Scandella is the obvious choice. Even with him bouncing back, he's still the worst player regularly dressing on our blue line, and he's a pending UFA.

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
No....smith and Scandella are close to equal in salary

Buffalo is at the cap and can’t retain.

Scandella at 50% and Vesey equals $4.275M out and Smith coming in would be $4.25M, the money in and out would be pretty much equal.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
His contract, is ****ing terrible. There is not enough you could offer (1st or Dach - which isn't happening) for anyone to take, bull**** like leadership as a main cognitive reasoning for why this makes sense for Buffalo. This is a straight contract dump offer from a Chicago fan. He is a slower defensemen, and we already have his type of play in Bogosian coming back.
so...

you took my comments seriously?

Reactions: _Del_

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
It'd make sense for Ottawa to take him for some time and flip him. But Ottawa sends back a decent vet to help their team, would say Craig Anderson but I think Anderson would be a good back-up to a potential top-notch contender in need of a trusted back-up.
UPL will be back in the nets soon starting his professional career, likely in the ECHL for a sort stunt and then in the AHL. The Sabres top 2 of Hutton and Ulmark are fine so there’s no goalie need at this stage.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Scandella at 50% and Vesey equals $4.275M out and Smith coming in would be $4.25M, the money in and out would be pretty much equal.
You have to stop think of cap figure in terms of AAV and start look at the daily cap hit. That’s how it’s actually calculated. Marco has a daily rate of about $17,400 and teams need to be around $400k per day to stay under the cap.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Honestly I’d like a young prospect forward who will be exempt from the expansion draft. Anyone have any of those they're willing to part with?

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Honestly I’d like a young prospect forward who will be exempt from the expansion draft. Anyone have any of those they're willing to part with?
Honestly I wouldn't mind someone who wasn't exempt from the expansion draft at this point. We are going to have a tough decision coming when the time comes ...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Honestly I wouldn't mind someone who wasn't exempt from the expansion draft at this point. We are going to have a tough decision coming when the time comes ...
Huh? Wouldn’t you then want someone who IS exempt from the expansion draft. That way they wouldn’t be able to be selected, thereby making our protection process slightly easier.

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
You have to stop think of cap figure in terms of AAV and start look at the daily cap hit. That’s how it’s actually calculated. Marco has a daily rate of about $17,400 and teams need to be around $400k per day to stay under the cap.

His daily cap hit is actually $21,505 and Vesey's is $12,231 for a total of $33,736 daily cap hit for the two. If you retained half of Scandella's salary($21,505/2=$10,752.50 daily cap hit), trade Vesey and add Craig Smith($22,849 daily cap hit) your daily cap hit would be $10,752.50 + $22,849 = $33,601.50.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad