Friedman: Sabres looking to move Scandella

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
People ALWAYS do this and it is getting infuriating. You're counting pennies like it's all equal when it isn't. You have 2 roster spots added and compare them to 1 and say there's a savings of 25k/day. You're completely ignoring the fact that a 2 for 1 roster spot LEAVES OUT ANOTHER PLAYER and their subsequent salary. If you're going to make an argument, at least put in all the work, not just part.

Isn't Montour about to come off IR part of the reason Buffalo is looking to move Scandella? Montour would be your other player and his salary is already counting against the cap.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Unless you upgraded the 4th to a 1st and retained 50% on Byron---no.... not taking 3 more yrs of a smurf.

Byron and a 4th for Scandella

There would have to be some sort of retention on Byron. I don’t think DJP’s gross exaggeration is exactly the thing, but they would need something like a quarter retainer. For what Byron provides, he is one of the players I would hope the Sabres would target.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Granlund is worth far more than Scandella, even with his slump. If he returns back to his old self (and it's not like he's old), he is a legitimate 1st line player, though I would argue that he isn't the best fit for BUF.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
They already have some good setup men in Eichel(yes, i know he scores, too) and Mittelstadt. Maybe even Reinhart? Granlunds thing when he is playing well is dominating the puck and setting up shooters.

Oh, and between Reinhart and him there would be too much IQ in the room.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
15. May mean something, may mean nothing, but both Montreal and New Jersey sent a different mix of scouts to separate games in Buffalo. (First was against Arizona, second versus the Islanders.) When I first started, a GM told me to look for that kind of thing.

Smoke ?

SENSible67

Oct 31, 2019
A shame he only has one year left. We could use him if he could be extended at a fair price.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
They already have some good setup men in Eichel(yes, i know he scores, too) and Mittelstadt. Maybe even Reinhart? Granlunds thing when he is playing well is dominating the puck and setting up shooters.

Oh, and between Reinhart and him there would be too much IQ in the room.
I completely disagree with this, Our current top six has sobotka in it.... plus we have 2 shooters in skinner and oloffson if that's the case.

Oloffson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Granlund

that's a nice top 6

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
what about something around a Scandella for Perreault swap with WPG? BUF could use more versatility + scoring in the middle of the lineup. Sobotka could then finally be moved down the lineup like he should be

Reactions: Steeler23 and DJN21

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Granlund is worth far more than Scandella, even with his slump. If he returns back to his old self (and it's not like he's old), he is a legitimate 1st line player, though I would argue that he isn't the best fit for BUF.
Oh no man, disagree with you. We have two shooters for different links in the top 6, we play Sobotka on the right wing in the second link and he is just terrible in attack. Granlund would be a very good upgrade to Sobotka, Vesey and Sheary.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why not just play Mittelstadt on the wing? Sobotka should be on the 4th line.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, this is a question for the coach, I would also try it on the fwing than to release it with marginal players in the fourth link, maybe they want him to play only in the center. On the other hand, we will not have 3C either.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Agreed on both points. Although, I'd prefer Sobotka off the roster, but, meh, personal preference. But yea, Mitts to wing makes a ton of sense, he's not exactly catching fire being heavily sheltered at center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad