Friedman: Sabres looking at Skinner, Pacioretty and Nash

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
No, Pacioretty is a better player than Skinner

Well then take comfort in knowing a brand new Corolla is like 20 grand and some used BMW's are far less. Maybe then you'll get over this terrible experience.

Good grief, it's like people want to be offended.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Oh sure and most Habs fans will offer the usual pacioretty + scraps offers which shouldn't even get the conversation started.

Quite a bit actually, as they are worth more than kane considering the lack of character issues and also lack of injury history. Also both have had significantly better careers than Kane.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Quite a bit actually, as they are worth more than kane considering the lack of character issues and also lack of injury history. Also both have had significantly better careers than Kane.
Not sure if you meant to quote me... I didn't comment on the value of either Pacioretty or Skinner except to say neither should be a primary piece in a ROR trade i never mentioned Kane.

Last edited:
Reactions: normaliswear

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’ll be shocked if Skinner waived his NMC for Buffalo.

With one year left and the option of signing anywhere in a year I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t go ahead and see how another team fits beforehand. It’s not like he’s stuck there for years if it doesn’t work. Hell he’d get to try another team out at the deadline. In the meantime flying up ice with Eichel isn’t the worst thing in the world. This exact scenario, playing in Buffalo and being moved to a contender at the deadline, made Evander Kane a lot more money than most thought he would get...and he didn’t even hit free agency.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
ROR for Pacorietty makes sense for both teams. Assuming that Pacorietty is willing to sign an extension.

Only if you assume Buffalo's objective is making our team worse both now and in the future. I don't think it is, but then I'm not the GM.

Also, Bergevin is still the Habs GM. Does anyone think the guy who turned Subban, Sergachev, and Galchenyuk into Weber, Domi, and Drouin is capable of pulling off that kind of fleecing?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Only if you assume Buffalo's objective is making our team worse both now and in the future. I don't think it is, but then I'm not the GM.

Also, Bergevin is still the Habs GM. Does anyone think the guy who turned Subban, Sergachev, and Galchenyuk into Weber, Domi, and Drouin is capable of pulling off that kind of fleecing?

I like O'Reilly but lets be honest, he doesnt have the best contract. 7.5 mil for 5 more years. But if Sabres fans dont think Reinhart can be a viable 2C behind Eichel, then it makes sense. You guys obviously know the Sabres better than I do.

Pacorietty is a legit goal scorer. He didnt have a good year last year though, I think he will improve once hes out of the limelight.

After checking the stats a bit. Pacorietty is a bit older than I thought. His next contract could be problematic. Bit riskier than I originally thought.

Reactions: Mitts888

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I like O'Reilly but lets be honest, he doesnt have the best contract. 7.5 mil for 5 more years. But if Sabres fans dont think Reinhart can be a viable 2C behind Eichel, then it makes sense. You guys obviously know the Sabres better than I do.

Pacorietty is a legit goal scorer. He didnt have a good year last year though, I think he will improve once hes out of the limelight.

After checking the stats a bit. Pacorietty is a bit older than I thought. His next contract could be problematic. Bit riskier than I originally thought.
O'Reilly's contract is fine. Your last paragraph says it all. Pacioretty is too old for our core. He'll be declining as we're presumably entering our window of contention. He'll almost assuredly get a big contract with a long term that we shouldn't be giving him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad