Friedman: Sabres looking at Skinner, Pacioretty and Nash

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
ROR for Pacorietty makes sense for both teams. Assuming that Pacorietty is willing to sign an extension.

That would be .....ng idiotic move by Buffalo.

Who the hell wants to give Pac an extension at his age, and with the Ladd/Okposo/Eriksson/Lucic beauties(contracts) we can daily look at?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
That style is players that tend to lack skill and rely on smarts and physical play. Players that give in a 110 percent every shift and sacrifice every part of their body to block shots. These players tend to dramatically decline in their late 20s and you can quote this in 3 years.
ROR doesn't play a heavy physical game. He plays a puck possession, positioning game.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'm also not trading ROR or Reinhart in a deal with either Pacioretty or Skinner being the primary piece, lmfao
I don't believe for one second Reinhart should be traded, and I believe bots feels the same. If ROR is moved, big if yes, but if he is moved I see Reinhart filling that center slot or at least the opportunity to.
That's how 180 my thinking on Reinhart has come Aladyyn, the guy is to valuable to the Sabres to trade.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Pacioretty is underrated around here and he certainly fills a need for the Sabres short-term.
Can totally see them being interested. Skinner too.
But not as the main piece for a long-term asset like O’Reilly.

Friedman said the Sabres are shopping for players like that. He never once suggested O’Reilly for either of them.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don't know how anyone can actually read that article and think that Friedman was talking about a possible ROR for Patches/Skinner swap.

He was talking about 2 completely separate things - Buffalo potentially trading ROR and Buffalo being in the winger market (potentially to play WITH O'Reilly).

He talked about how there could be a big market for ROR. Then talked about Buffalo looking for wingers.
But they were 2 separate things.

Reactions: Dogewow

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
That style is players that tend to lack skill and rely on smarts and physical play. Players that give in a 110 percent every shift and sacrifice every part of their body to block shots. These players tend to dramatically decline in their late 20s and you can quote this in 3 years.

I think you should try watching ROR play sometime. I think you have him confused with someone else. He is not physical. And highly skilled and smart

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Jesus H Christ look through the thread. It doesn't make any sense from Buffalo's perspective to trade ROR for a 30 year old winger. None.

Look at all the armchair GM's in the Galchenyuk/Domi trade thread that was made before the deal went down. Pages of people claiming the Habs would never do it. So tone down the know it all attitude, because sometimes moves are made that don't make much sense to fans.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Look at all the armchair GM's in the Galchenyuk/Domi trade thread that was made before the deal went down. Pages of people claiming the Habs would never do it. So tone down the know it all attitude, because sometimes moves are made that don't make much sense to fans.

But also... Bergevin.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Similiar aged, similiarly producing wingers were traded for each other. The Yotes are planning on using Galchenyuk at Center which hasn't worked for Montreal up until now. Galcheynuk is a better player, but comes with a higher price tag and less definitive term. I think the Yotes won the trade, but it at least made some sense for both parties involved. Change of scenery type deal.
Trading a younger 1st line center locked up through his prime for an older winger coming off a terrible season who needs a new contract that doesn't fit a rebuilding teams window doesn't make sense for Buffalo. At all. It's been discussed ad naseum in these parts and people keep bringing it up like it's something original that works for both teams. It doesn't.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
No he won't. It will be something around Pacioretty and Reinhart. As we see right now and since MB is Mtl' GM, he prefers 1 vs 1 trades.

If he gets a guy like Reinhart who can play center, he will put himself in a position of drafting the best player available at 3OA, which is Zadina. He is nhl ready and will easily replace Galchenyuk's production in a year or 2.

I could easily see a pretty young top 9 next year for Habs.

Drouin-Reinhart-Gallagher
Zadina-Domi-Scherbak
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Shaw/Deslauriers

And that's a good start for a rebuild. Hopefully, they can get a gem or 2 with their 2nd round picks. Then next year's draft will be the real moment for Habs to get their no.1 center.
You're dreaming if you think we're trading Reinhart for Pacioretty

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I don't see them trading Skinner to an eastern team, unless it's a great offer. I see him going West to a team like Dallas, Colorado, maybe LA? Don't want to face him too much.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pacioretty is a good buy low candidate, I think Skinner would be a good addition depending on the price, and I think Nash is going to get overpaid, but is still effective.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Dahlin doesn't fix this teams issues in the fact that we haven't had a solid presence in net since the early 30's Ryan Miller, and we don't have depth at wing. We're clogged up with trash (Pominville, Okposo) who are slow and ineffective. There's not a chance that we're adding more age and cap to a team that was 20 points from even being within wild card contention. The stupidest idea ever.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why would Rick Nash go to Buffalo? He's an older player probably wants to win and Buffalo finished last this past season and has finished last place consistently over the past 5 years finishing last in 2014 2015 and 2018.

They have not finished outside the bottom 10 since 2012.

It makes no sense for Nash to go to Buffalo, Skinner? sure he's 25 Nash is almost 34 Buffalo makes no sense for Nash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad