Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
it is indefensible if he is benched in favor of Hunwick, while Scandella is given pass after pass. Those are not sane decisions being made, unless of course the goal is to tank again
so the difference between Pilut and Hunwick/Scandella is tanking. Wow.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Sitting a 23 year old not that far removed from never playing in North America is inexcusable? Look, I want Pontius to play every night, but acting like it's some indefensible action is a little dramatic.
Like. You'll be lost in a sea of overreactions though.

"Pathetic" "Sad" "Inexcusable" "Insane"

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I can't understand any line of thinking that involves Matt Hunwick playing on our roster. In anyone's stead. At any time. For any reason. Seriously have no understanding for how he hasn't been waived to Rochester by now.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I can't understand any line of thinking that involves Matt Hunwick playing on our roster. In anyone's stead. At any time. For any reason. Seriously have no understanding for how he hasn't been waived to Rochester by now.

Its amazing to me that we had to take on that cap dump just to get Sheary who has been massively dissapointing in his own right

Reactions: Reddawg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Sitting a 23 year old not that far removed from never playing in North America is inexcusable? Look, I want Pontius to play every night, but acting like it's some indefensible action is a little dramatic.
Well, Phil's an idiot, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pilut is sent down or scratched.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Weren't other teams also trying to sign Pilut?

He made a terrible career choice coming here. He should have seen last year that Idiot Housley refused to play Antipin despite clearly being one of our top 6. Pilut, a similar type of player, signs here and low and behold, he gets the Antipin treatment, even though he is a far better defenseman than Antipin.

We will NEVER be able to sign a Euro FA again, after how the last 2 were treated. If Pilut gets banished back to Rochester for the rest of the year so scrubs like Hunwick, and Scandella can play, would we really blame him if he chooses to head back to the SEL for next year?

Another thing to consider, even if he stays here, he's likely gone in the expansion draft in a couple of years.

Maybe the thing to do, since we have a moron as coach who does not value him, is to try and flip him for a second round draft pick at this year's deadline. At least we'd get some value out of the signing then

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Weren't other teams also trying to sign Pilut?

He made a terrible career choice coming here. He should have seen last year that Idiot Housley refused to play Antipin despite clearly being one of our top 6. Pilut, a similar type of player, signs here and low and behold, he gets the Antipin treatment, even though he is a far better defenseman than Antipin.

We will NEVER be able to sign a Euro FA again, after how the last 2 were treated. If Pilut gets banished back to Rochester for the rest of the year so scrubs like Hunwick, and Scandella can play, would we really blame him if he chooses to head back to the SEL for next year?

Another thing to consider, even if he stays here, he's likely gone in the expansion draft in a couple of years.

Maybe the thing to do, since we have a moron as coach who does not value him, is to try and flip him for a second round draft pick at this year's deadline. At least we'd get some value out of the signing then
Antipin was so mishandled that another NHL team came in afterwards and fixed everything we did wrong with him.

Oh wait, that never happened.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

It's why we need to trade Pilut NOW, if we are not going to play him. We would probably get a second round pick for him. If we do the typical Buffalo thing and wait until he has been unfairly benched for a year, he either leaves for nothing, or we get a Fedun-like return for him

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's why we need to trade Pilut NOW, if we are not going to play him. We would probably get a second round pick for him. If we do the typical Buffalo thing and wait until he has been unfairly benched for a year, he either leaves for nothing, or we get a Fedun-like return for him

There is no need to over-react.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Reddawg

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
In his last few games it seems like he's playing conservative and overthinking everything he does. Even the simple plays seem off because he's trying not to make any mistakes in fear of getting scratched if he does. ..anyone else feel that way?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I guess the Vancouver game was on too late. Pilut was f***ing garbage that game and as a rookie he deserves to sit after that performance. Antipin was trash btw. Pilut has a good future but he is not perfect.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I have a feeling he gets sent down when Nelson returns.

It's a lock unless GMJB gets creative. I'd like to see Scandella or Bogosian moved out, pick the one you want to extend two to three years and trade the other.

I move Scandella -- the extra year might get some to bite. I might eat $1 M of cap too, if we can engineer another first with some prospect.

I'd like to move Hunwick but won't happen so he's our 8.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
In his last few games it seems like he's playing conservative and overthinking everything he does. Even the simple plays seem off because he's trying not to make any mistakes in fear of getting scratched if he does. ..anyone else feel that way?
I think he’s been struggling with the speed and size at the NHL level. Teams know it and are targeting him. He’ll adjust to it but it takes time to learn to play against that. He has a ton of skills but size and strength aren’t among them.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I think he’s been struggling with the speed and size at the NHL level. Teams know it and are targeting him. He’ll adjust to it but it takes time to learn to play against that. He has a ton of skills but size and strength aren’t among them.

I love watching the kid play. His analytics are impressive, and there's no denying his strengths and positive impact on the ice.

But if anyone actually pays attention during the game, they will see that he has trouble anchoring and preventing opposing forwards from driving to the net. I've watched bigger forwards literally take him for a ride and deposit him in the crease. Those are the types of things that will drive a coach nuts, and not just Housley, any coach.

Reactions: joshjull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad